View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 147 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 47971371431441451461471481491501511571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 21672

Has the solicit/link to the first Volume of "Absolute Y" been posted yet? If not, then here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Last-...graphic+novels

"Y: THE LAST MAN, winner of three Eisner Awards and one of the most critically acclaimed, best-selling comic books series of the last decade, is that rare example of a page-turner that is at once humorous, socially relevant and endlessly surprising.

Written by Brian K. Vaughan (LOST, PRIDE OF BAGHDAD, EX MACHINA) and with art by Pia Guerra, this is the saga of Yorick Brown—the only human survivor of a planet-wide plague that instantly kills every mammal possessing a Y chromosome. Accompanied by a mysterious government agent, a brilliant young geneticist and his pet monkey, Ampersand, Yorick travels the world in search of his lost love and the answer to why he's the last man on earth.

This Absolute Edition will feature the first twenty issues of this action-packed series along with special script pages, character sketchs and cover gallery.

Collects Y: THE LAST MAN #1-20."

- 496 pages
    - $ 125 RRP
    - out in June

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, all this will be collected in JSA Omnibus by Geoff Johns 3:
    http://www.amazon.com/JSA-Omnibus-Vo...ds=jsa+omnibus

Collected here are JSA #76-87, Justice Society of America #1-28, Justice League of America #8-10, Justice Society of America Annual #1, JSA Kingdom Come Special:Superman #1, JSA Kingdom Come Special: Magog #1, JSA Kingdom Come Special: The Kingdom #1.
    Oh, I didn't know it was already solicited.
    That reminded me that there is the Lightning saga crossover (it takes place maybe after the first JSA volume?) but it is so dull and uninteresting (despite that something significant happens in it) that I keep forgetting that story.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Has the solicit/link to the first Volume of "Absolute Y" been posted yet? If not, then here it is:

"Y: THE LAST MAN, winner of three Eisner Awards and one of the most critically acclaimed, best-selling comic books series of the last decade, is that rare example of a page-turner that is at once humorous, socially relevant and endlessly surprising.

Written by Brian K. Vaughan (LOST, PRIDE OF BAGHDAD, EX MACHINA) and with art by Pia Guerra, this is the saga of Yorick Brown—the only human survivor of a planet-wide plague that instantly kills every mammal possessing a Y chromosome. Accompanied by a mysterious government agent, a brilliant young geneticist and his pet monkey, Ampersand, Yorick travels the world in search of his lost love and the answer to why he's the last man on earth.

This Absolute Edition will feature the first twenty issues of this action-packed series along with special script pages, character sketchs and cover gallery.

- 496 pages
    - $ 125 RRP
    - out in June
    Are there any "holy grail" volumes in the deluxe run of Y? In other words is there one book that's just a pain in the ass to get and is more expensive than the rest. For example, Punisher Max Vol. 4, JLA vol. 2 Busiek's Avengers Vol. 2, Ex Machina Vol. 4 (or whatever one it is), Ultimate SM Vol. 8?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Are there any "holy grail" volumes in the deluxe run of Y? In other words is there one book that's just a pain in the ass to get and is more expensive than the rest. For example, Punisher Max Vol. 4, JLA vol. 2 Busiek's Avengers Vol. 2, Ex Machina Vol. 4 (or whatever one it is), Ultimate SM Vol. 8?
    Nope, their all pretty readily available and get new printings, whether that will change with the absolute is unknown.

In a similar vein I managed to bag a Ex Machina Volume 4 still sealed lately! £35 (Minus the costs of volumes 1 and 5 it came bundled with that I need to resell), bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Nope, their all pretty readily available and get new printings, whether that will change with the absolute is unknown.

In a similar vein I managed to bag a Ex Machina Volume 4 still sealed lately! £35 (Minus the costs of volumes 1 and 5 it came bundled with that I need to resell), bargain.

Cool, thanks. I read this in floppies and I'm tempted to add it to my collection but I'm not getting it in Absolute.

On a side note, I've managed to bag some of the tougher ones, too, by buying in bulk and reselling. I ended up paying $10 for one of my JLA vol. 2 copies doing it this way and then selling 1, 3, 4.

Anyone else's Sleeper omnibus leave black marks on fingers from the cover?

Almost bought Absolute Watchmen and Batman and Robin yesterday, held off because there's too much other stuff on my wanted list for less money

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Anyone else's Sleeper omnibus leave black marks on fingers from the cover?
    that's a common problem with those fugly black cardboard covers. I first noticed this with the 7soldiers of victory hc-s and those weigh significantly less than the Sleeper omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that's a common problem with those fugly black cardboard covers. I first noticed this with the 7soldiers of victory hc-s and those weigh significantly less than the Sleeper omnibus.
    Cheers, its the first book I've got with a cover like that. I wish everything had faux leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Cheers, its the first book I've got with a cover like that. I wish everything had faux leather.
    Half of my DC books have the cardboard covers unfortunately, but there is no clear pattern which ones will got these or the fancier printed covers. Sometimes expensive omnibuses have cardboard and regular hc-s have printed ones. (the only faux leatherish cover on a Dc book I have is the Batman RIP deluxe)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Cool, thanks. I read this in floppies and I'm tempted to add it to my collection but I'm not getting it in Absolute.

On a side note, I've managed to bag some of the tougher ones, too, by buying in bulk and reselling. I ended up paying $10 for one of my JLA vol. 2 copies doing it this way and then selling 1, 3, 4.
    There's also the deluxe ver. in HC or TBP.

HC http://www.amazon.com/Last-Man-Book-...ast+man+deluxe
    TBP http://www.amazon.com/Last-Man-Book-...2707182&sr=1-6

Hope this means 100Bullets will see an Absolute treatment. Also, I wouldn't mind if they got the first issues recoloured by Patricia Mulvihill.
    Last edited by borntohula; 10-07-2014 at 11:45 AM.

- 496 pages
    - $ 125 RRP
    - out in June
    If I didn't already own the OHCs this'd be a good way to collect the series, but the OHCs are great and easier to enjoy due to the smaller pagecount.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    If I didn't already own the OHCs this'd be a good way to collect the series, but the OHCs are great and easier to enjoy due to the smaller pagecount.
    I've actually never read Y, but at that price I'd rather get Absolute Transmet. Also haven't read that yet and it has never been collected in HC so far.

I've actually never read Y, but at that price I'd rather get Absolute Transmet. Also haven't read that yet and it has never been collected in HC so far.
    I've read Transmet in floppies and in tpb - many times - and I'm looking forward to reading in in Absolute form.

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    This is the way I feel about most Omnibus and other huge editions, but this page count is actually ideal for me for modern comics. (no way I buy hardcovers with more than 600 pages anymore)
    It will depend on the paper they choose to use though.

Also, I really love Y the Last Man, among the best modern comic I've read so far.

I think I will "upgrade", but I will await the review on the production quality before I buy it. DC is too un-predictable.

The Y: The Last Man Absolute's are just WAY to expensive for someone like me. One Absolute would cost almost as much as all 5 Deluxe Volumes. Of course, this is based on basic math and assumption on number of Absolute's in total and estimated price.