View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

You can all thank me for them announcing The Who’s Who Omnibus.

Back in the late 80’s, my best friend’s mom worked at a doctors office and she brought home some comics he was going to pitch. Among them were a few issues of Who’s Who and Crisis. We weren’t into comics back then, but we read them over and over and came up with our own ideas for stories using the few issues we had. It started us on the road to superhero comics. Before this we only knew things from the Super-friends cartoons. Those books are long gone...

A month ago, I bought the whole collection on eBay.

Now they announce this. Obviously I preordered it on Amazon, but my wife is questioning me lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

Back in the late 80’s, my best friend’s mom worked at a doctors office and she brought home some comics he was going to pitch. Among them were a few issues of Who’s Who and Crisis. We weren’t into comics back then, but we read them over and over and came up with our own ideas for stories using the few issues we had. It started us on the road to superhero comics. Before this we only knew things from the Super-friends cartoons. Those books are long gone...

Now they announce this. Obviously I preordered it on Amazon, but my wife is questioning me lol
    Thank you for your service. Would you mind taking suggestions on other collections to buy singles of? I really want a Levitz LoSH omnibus . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

Thanks for your sacrifice, although I won't be picking up the Who's Who Omnibus. Could you please pick up the complete set of floppies of John Byrne's Superman, so that we can finally get it in Omnibus format

Boy,it does work!Can you please start buying floppies for Bronze age Batman too?I need that Omnibus like yesterday.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Incredible Member

Got an email from Tales of Wonder that Lucifer omni v2 has been canceled by publisher.

Spectacular Member

FFS! I hope they're just going to resolicit it with another date

I was hoping we were past these games. They better resolicit.

Spectacular Member

I’m gonna be very annoyed if the Lucifer Omni Vol 2 is cancelled. Really hope it’s just a delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    I’m gonna be very annoyed if the Lucifer Omni Vol 2 is cancelled. Really hope it’s just a delay.
    I'd assume it's just a delay.

Incredible Member

Someone on MMW board posted the new Edelweiss link

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4486657&page=1

Looking forward to:

Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 7
    Action Comics #125-143, Superman #55-65, and World’s Finest Comics #37-47.

New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 6
    The New Teen Titans: Games #1, World’s Finest Comics #300, Teen Titans Spotlight #1-21, and The New Teen Titans (Drug Awareness) #1-3.

Flash/Impulse: Runs in the Family
    Impulse #1-12 and The Flash #108-111.

Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 5
    Detective Comics Annual #3, and Detective Comics #612-614, #616-21.

Green Lantern: Circle of Fire
    Green Lantern #129-136, Green Lantern/Firestorm #1, Green Lantern/Adam Strange #1, Green Lantern/Atom #1, Green Lantern/Green Lantern #1, Green Lantern/Power Girl #1, and Green Lantern: Circle of Fire #1-2.

Nightwing: Supercop
    Nightwing #71-83

Batman: Gotham Knights: Contested
    Batman: Gotham Knights #14-24 and #29.

Who's Who Omnibus Vol. 1
    Who’s Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #1-26 (1985), Who’s Who Update 1987 #1-5 (1987), Who’s Who Update 1988 #1-4 (1988), plus material from Action Comics Annual #2 (1987), Batman Annual #13, Blackhawk Annual #1 (1989), Detective Comics Annual #2 (1988), Dr. Fate Annual #1 (1989), Green Arrow Annual #2, Justice League Annual #3 (1987), Secret Origins Annual #3, Swamp Thing Annual #5, The Flash Annual #3 (1987 series), The New Titans Annual #5 (1995), The Question Annual #2 (1988), and Wonder Woman Annual #2 (1988).

The Final Night
    The Final Night #1-4, Parallax: Emerald Night #1, Green Lantern #81, and The Final Night Preview #1.

Batman in Brave & the Bold: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 3
    THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #157-200.

Starman Compendium One
    Starman #0-42, Starman 80-Page Giant #1, Starman Annual #1, Starman Annual #2, Starman Secret Files #1, Showcase ’95 #12, Showcase ’96 #4, Showcase ’96 #5, The Power of Shazam! #35, The Power of Shazam! #36, and The Shade #1-4

I’ve got the first 4 NTT omnis and I’m going to pick up the 5th, but I’ve never read those Spotlight issues. Any good?

I’m all over that Starman compendium, since I doubt we’ll get a hardcover any time soon.

I’ll definitely pick up GL: Circle of Fire.

Final Night is tempting, but I’m holding out for an omnibus with the whole dang thing.

Mighty Member

Oh, man, I'm getting a lot in there

Flash/Impulse, WW by WML v2, GL: Circle of Fire, GA (Connor Hawke), Final Night, Birds of Prey by Simone v2, GK: Contested, JLA by Waid Deluxe, Flashpoint Omni, and Legion Before Darkness - and that's not including next volumes in series I read.

Oh, and maybe I'll get the Starman Compendium.

Dammit
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My planned pickups:

Batman Brave & The Bold Omnibus Vol. 3
    Batman Superman Generations Omnibus
    Flashpoint Omnibus
    JLA Waid Deluxe
    Superman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 7
    Superman Morrison Omnibus
    Superman Gleason Tomasi Omnibus (glad I didn't pick up the deluxes, very close at times)
    Superman: The Last Son Deluxe

DC is going to bankrupt me over the next year. I currently have Batman by Grant Morrison vol. 3 and Batman by Paul Dini omnis preordered. Also considering TDKR Absolute Edition and Sandman deluxe, plus I'll get these:

Batman Superman Generations Omnibus
    Superman The Last Son deluxe
    Flashpoint omnibus

And if I move on from where I'm reading into the New52 era, there's tons of omnis out/coming-out to break me lol. Should I do it?

Spectacular Member

I’ll be getting the following:

Batgirl: The New 52 Omnibus
    Swamp Thing: The New 52 Omnibus (didn’t know this was coming out)
    Batwoman Omnibus
    Flashpoint: The 10th Anniversary Omnibus (YESSS)
    New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 6
    Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 5 (DC, please collect the pre-Knightfall stuff in omni format but will get this for now)
    Superman by Tomasi and Gleason Omnibus (this was a such a great surprise and right at the very end. Superman is my favorite and it’s insane how few omnis he’s had. Doesn’t make up for a lack of a Byrne MOS omni but I’ll definitely take it. Also, makes me hopeful that they will collect a lot of the other rebirth deluxe editions in omni format.)

Some great stuff coming out. Not to mention Batman by Paul Dini omnibus, the new 52 Nightwing omni, Batman: The Rise and Fall of the Batmen Omnibus, Injustice: Gods Among Us Omnibus Vol. 2, Super Sons Expanded Omnibus and the Green Arrow by Grell omni. And then you add Marvel’s huge slate. Wow it’s going to be insane.
    Last edited by Nab432; 07-31-2020 at 05:32 AM.