View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 358 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2583083483543553563573583593603613623684084588581358 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 21671
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    I hate really being negative but is it too hard to ask for some alignment?
    It even varies from printing to printing. Unlike your Knightfall trades, one of mine has DC logo of a different size (just like your NML trades). My NML are actually on the way, and I guess they will differ in similar way. I learned very quickly not to care about that, what with the Marvel logo change, different shades of the colours on the spines in one book series... Sometimes the books are not even the same height.

EDIT: It's actually neat how Cataclysm almost matches NML considering they came 3-4 years apart. Hopefully the upcoming Road to NML (and potential Aftershock collection) won't ruin it as they are supposed to come between those books.
    Last edited by Pete Wisdom; 06-11-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I was Google Imaging the Byrne Superman run (which I've never read) and though I fundamentally disagree with the "Clark Kent is who I am, Superman is what I can do" approach (Superman is absolutely the "real" guy, but let's not get into that debate ) I really, really want a couple of omni's for that run.
    Don't we all?
    It's one of those series that never got collected in the formet it would deserve (like Moore's Swamp thing).
    Also, Clark and Supes are both the real guy :P

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Just grabbed a Death and Return of Superman omnibus.

I understand the build quality is appalling?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

wouldn't say that. Haven't opened it in ages but from what I remember it was alright. I have omnis with worse build quality (and at least it has a printed cover, not the horrible black cardboard one).

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Any idea if DC is planning on some more great silver age omnibuses? Specifically JLA vol 2, Flash vol 2, Green Lantern vol 3?
    Yes! Please let them start doing this. Also Golden age Supes volume 2! I haven't heard anywhere of it happening though

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    It even varies from printing to printing. Unlike your Knightfall trades, one of mine has DC logo of a different size (just like your NML trades). My NML are actually on the way, and I guess they will differ in similar way. I learned very quickly not to care about that, what with the Marvel logo change, different shades of the colours on the spines in one book series... Sometimes the books are not even the same height.

EDIT: It's actually neat how Cataclysm almost matches NML considering they came 3-4 years apart. Hopefully the upcoming Road to NML (and potential Aftershock collection) won't ruin it as they are supposed to come between those books.
    We really need to find out who is doing these designs. I'm guessing both companies outsourced it to consulting services (Infosys, Tata Consulting, etc) in India where they weren't given access to the entire archive of all the previous designs and templates.

Amazing Member

I'm having a hard time pinning down a solid release date for Batman: Arkham Knight Volume 1 HC, seeing dates ranging from this week all the way to July 14th (which makes me think it'll hit on July 1, though checking the likes of Comixology doesn't confirm). Any reliable word as to when it'll hit?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

Was that the one that went for £40 on eBay UK this morning?

If so, I got completely distracted at work and forgot to bid on that... you're welcome :P

Incredible Member

I ordered a copy of Flash Omnibus Volume 2 from speedyhen while it was listed as "Out of Stock - More Expected Soon" and after a month of waiting for more stock I got in contact with them today and after checking with the publisher they said they are out of stock and have not set a date for reprinting. So if you've been sat on the fence about Johns Flash run then I suggest making your mind up quickly before these start rocketing in price!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Was that the one that went for £40 on eBay UK this morning?

If so, I got completely distracted at work and forgot to bid on that... you're welcome :P
    Haha! Yes it was. I was the maiden bid, and my bid was only for £40, as I wasnt that bothered to have it, but I thought that was a decent price. No one else touched it.

I was quite surprised.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Anyone get their Absolute Transmet yet?I'm curious to see how big a 21 issue Absolute is.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

This is a bit old but I need 100 Bullets HC 2 and I found a new copy from a seller in the UK on Amazon. I've never purchased internationally before but can anyone tell me if the versions of this book from the UK would be the same ones printed here in the US (thats if this book was printed here, really not sure). I.E. is it safe for me to buy the book from the UK and it will match the other copies I have which I bought from InstockTrades (formats are the same etc)? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Anyone get their Absolute Transmet yet?I'm curious to see how big a 21 issue Absolute is.
    Based on page count, roughly the same size as Absolute Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by MuckieMuck View Post
    This is a bit old but I need 100 Bullets HC 2 and I found a new copy from a seller in the UK on Amazon. I've never purchased internationally before but can anyone tell me if the versions of this book from the UK would be the same ones printed here in the US (thats if this book was printed here, really not sure). I.E. is it safe for me to buy the book from the UK and it will match the other copies I have which I bought from InstockTrades (formats are the same etc)? Thanks.
    Donno about this particular book but if it is printed by Titan books it probably gonna have the Titan books logo on the spine. But if the description says publisher: DC than it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by MuckieMuck View Post
    You mean Vol 2 of the deluxe edition? As far as I know, there is no other HC version of 100 bullets other than the deluxe, and this is by DC only, so this is safe to buy. To be REALLY safe: ISBN should be 978-1-4012-3372-3
    Last edited by Pertl; 06-11-2015 at 01:02 PM.