View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey everyone, I need some help. I bought the first 4 Rebirth Batman & Tec Deluxe Editions. I'm trying to find the HC's I'm missing. The #'s seem to be off. What HC's are out right now that I need to get caught up after the first 4 volumes? Thanks
    I believe Batman is getting a volume 5 deluxe. Detective has that Arkham Knight vol 1 and 2 hardcover but those are regular size. Don't know if Detective has a vol 5 deluxe coming or not.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    I believe Batman is getting a volume 5 deluxe. Detective has that Arkham Knight vol 1 and 2 hardcover but those are regular size. Don't know if Detective has a vol 5 deluxe coming or not.
    Thanks. I wondered if DC wasn't going to do DE anymore and is just putting out HC's instead. But the numbering threw me off when I was looking at them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

What should I buy next - Batman by Loeb & Sale omni or Batman Knightfall omni 1?

I haven't read any of the material but am interested in both.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    What should I buy next - Batman by Loeb & Sale omni or Batman Knightfall omni 1?

My vote would be the Loeb & Sale Omni. I read and collected Knightfall when it first came out and I've never really liked it. My 2 cents.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just finished reading Absolute Swamp Thing. I intend to find a book repair place or try to glue on my own. The new colors look terrific. I hope it's rare that these books come apart. The format is so terrific for artwork and reading experience. I am also paranoid about my other books. Do I need to check my other Absolute editions?

The Loeb & Sale stories certainly focus more in the detective side of Batman and they're inspired greatly by the film noir and gangster movies. It has an unique atmosphere and distinguished look

Knightfall on the other hand is a more action and standard superhero story, but a really great one at it. It depicts the fall of this seemengly unbeatable man and, though counting with a lot of writers and pencillers, it has an incredible and uniform quality, something hard to achieve in a crossover with so many hands involved

I'm a big fan of both and recommend to eventually get both, but from where to begin depends in what you're looking for right now
    Last edited by Chubistian; 01-04-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I just finished reading Absolute Swamp Thing. I intend to find a book repair place or try to glue on my own. The new colors look terrific. I hope it's rare that these books come apart. The format is so terrific for artwork and reading experience. I am also paranoid about my other books. Do I need to check my other Absolute editions?
    I've never had a problem with any of my Absolutes, although I heard nightmare stories about the Absolute Final Crisis which I don't have.

I’d say the Loeb/Sale stories are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I've never had a problem with any of my Absolutes, although I heard nightmare stories about the Absolute Final Crisis which I don't have.

Oh, so it wasn't just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Oh, so it wasn't just mine.
    I’ve actually yet to find anyone who has read their copy and said it didn’t start to fall apart. I think the whole print run must’ve used crappy glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I’ve actually yet to find anyone who has read their copy and said it didn’t start to fall apart. I think the whole print run must’ve used crappy glue.
    Mine is pretty much fine after two readings.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Mine is pretty much fine after two readings.
    Pretty much?

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    My vote would be the Loeb & Sale Omni. I read and collected Knightfall when it first came out and I've never really liked it. My 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    The Loeb & Sale stories certainly focus more in the detective side of Batman and they're inspired greatly by the film noir and gangster movies. It has an unique atmosphere and distinguished look

Knightfall on the other hand is a more action and standard superhero story, but a really great one at it. It depicts the fall of this seemengly unbeatable man and, though counting with a lot of writers and pencillers, it has an incredible and uniform quality, something hard to achieve in a crossover with so many hands involved

I'm a big fan of both and recommend to eventually get both, but from where to begin depends in what you're looking for right now
    Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    I’d say the Loeb/Sale stories are much better.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll snag the Loeb/Sale omni first and hope the Knightfall ones stick around for awhile. I love long, continuing storylines so I'll definitely snag those. Then there's tons of TPBs after those like No Man's Land...got plenty to buy in the future looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I think the whole print run must’ve used crappy glue.
    Most definitely. I handle my books with the utmost care and yet I soon noticed about that.

Can anyone confirm the trim size of the DCeased hardcover? Is it the standard 7x10, or is the the 9x11 they did with Superman Year One and Batman Damned?