View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Spectacular Member

How is build quality/binding the Doom Patrol omnibus by Grant Morrison?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Anyone get the Bronze Age The Brave and The Bold Omnibus Vol 2?
    Are the HUMAN TARGET backup stories from B&B #143 & 144 included?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    How is build quality/binding the Doom Patrol omnibus by Grant Morrison?
    It's a huge book, the biggest omnibus I have. IT's even bigger than the Dc one million omnibus. It is really, really tight.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Anyone get the Bronze Age The Brave and The Bold Omnibus Vol 2?
    Are the HUMAN TARGET backup stories from B&B #143 & 144 included?

Thanks!
    Just checked mine - the answer is NO.
    Just the main story is included for both issues, I'm guessing due to the Batman-angle of thee omnibuses.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Received the Loeb/Sale Bats Omnibus today...holy crap, it’s huge. DC makes some THICK omnis...

I received it a few days ago along with Loeb/Sale Superman For All Seasons deluxe hard cover
    They are still sealed in the box

I wish D C would show some Bronze Age Superman Omnibus love.
    There was so many stories I enjoyed during the seventies in Superman and Action Comics.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    There was so many stories I enjoyed during the seventies in Superman and Action Comics.
    I agree. Very frustrating that DC is hardly comprehensively collecting that Superman era at all, let alone in Omnibus.

I guess Bronze Age Batman is a bit neglected too (thank god I custom bound 1979 to 1985), but Superman Bronze seems a bit moreso.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I agree. Very frustrating that DC is hardly comprehensively collecting that Superman era at all, let alone in Omnibus.

I guess Bronze Age Batman is a bit neglected too (thank god I custom bound 1979 to 1985), but Superman Bronze seems a bit moreso.
    Thirded. I keep waiting for the day, every new round of solicits... Instead it's the "Ultra Mega Unwrapped Batman: Hush Deluxe 2nd Edition" or whatever.

I too would love some Bronze Age Supes, particularly the late 70s to mid-80s.

Regarding Omnis, was it here or in the MMW forums where somebody said DC was waiting until they were at least through the GA (if not SA as well) Omnis until they did a BA one? Which would be a shame as that will most likely take at least another ten years or so. Luckily we at least have the BA JLA Omnis (though I‘d prefer Swan so much more than Dillin).

I‘ve actually been on a BA binge of Superman recently, digging out my old German language album-format Superman books. And I also discovered a huge stack of old German BA Superman issues that my brother-in-law had given me a couple of years back but which I since had completely forgotten about as we were in the middle of moving and refurbishing at the time. Such great fun to read those, even if they‘re not in English.

Bronze Age omnis I want:
    Superman
    Batman
    Worlds Finest
    Detective
    Action
    Take my money please.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Incredible Member

13th Demension have a list of some new upcoming solicits https://13thdimension.com/classic-ba...w-collections/

Batman Omnibus 7 is listed which not only includes 10 never before collected issues of Batman but will also contain 3 never before reprinted issues of Detective comics to (as the archives only got up to 170)

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I love Bronze Age Superman, I hope they reprint some quick and begin with the late Silver Age stories as well. I think Ross Andru pencils a few and there are Twilight Zone worthy stories that add bizarre and forgotten ideas to the Superman myth. I want to see an omnibus for DC Comics Presents, the team up series, and a comprehensive reprinting of the main titles. All the 70's updates for Superman's rogues work, the stories are less "Archie Comics" than the Silver Age but they balance every aspect of Superman's character. He's the kid from Smallville, he's the Man of Tomorrow, he's the Ace Reporter, Justice Leaguer, Legion Member,,,, There are still wacky stories, that is a constant for Superman from Golden Age on! I love full scale Superman Universe: Earth 2, Beppo, the Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, I wasn't expecting that. The summaries before and after Last Rites are inches-sized small versions of certain key Final Crisis panels with text under each.

My face would melt like that Nazi at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark if DC actually orders Vol 2 like Burnham did and how I did in my custom bind. So don't get your hopes up too much yet. I gave the DC tpb head a scan of Burnham's very post and I know they read that email. But I still think DC will refuse to go that route.

I also suggested to DC that they put The Return with Inc (presumably Vol 3) and not with Vol 2 and I really think that is best. B&R #16 brings plenty of closure by itself to B&R, RoBW, 700-702. The Return clearly belongs with Inc moreso IMHO.

I've halfway through my Batman by Grant Morrison omnibus. I read this run 2-3 times back when it came out, and I remember enjoying initially reading it due to the mystery of how the storyline would unfold, along with the discussions on this site on the Batman Forum. I particularly remember a guy with an Aquaman avatar giving a lot of insight on what Morrison was doing. It was a unique experience back then I'll never forget.

I didn't expect this, but I'm enjoying re-reading the storyline this time out more than I did any of the previous times. I mean, it's been years, but knowing some of the general elements of what'll happen really helps with seeing all the pieces Morrison put in early on in the story. It's weird that I didn't feel this way back when I initially re-read the comic, maybe I wasn't getting enough sleep back then.....Or maybe it's the magic of the omnibus.

I wasn't planning on getting volume 2 (Nor a potential volume 3), as I liked about 3/4 of what Morrison did after this. I thought he simplified his writing during Batman & Robin (I always assumed there were too many outcries from readers claiming the previous storylines were too complex, and editorial may have possibly asked Morrison to ease it up), and I didn't care for his whacky portrayal of Jason Todd. I just found that entire angle to be a bit out there....But, I've enjoyed volume 1 so much I think I'll get the subsequent volumes when they're released. Besides, it'll be fun revisiting the craziness of Professor Pyg, "Oberon Sexton", and others in this omnibus format.

When was the "Dc Comics presents" series - was that bronze age or later (80's maybe)?

If they're stuck in this "we have tom complete golden age to get to silver and then complete silver to get to bronze", I'm thinking they could do for Supes what they did for Bats with the Brave & Bold omnis, and do that for the Superman team up books to at least give us something. But if that series was later, then I guess it's a moot point. I've never read any of those stories, unsure if they're good or not, but it did run like 100 issues I think.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.