View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 305 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2052552953013023033043053063073083093153554058051305 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 21672
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceve4life View Post
    Do you guys think DC will put out huge complete NEW 52 Omnibus' for most of the more popular characters? I would like to have one huge book for WW or Batgirl or Flash sitting on my shelf instead of having to buy all the TB's.
    Maybe, but probably not at least for a very long time.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Do you guys think DC will put out huge complete NEW 52 Omnibus' for most of the more popular characters? I would like to have one huge book for WW or Batgirl or Flash sitting on my shelf instead of having to buy all the TB's.
    I hope so as I have just sold my WW's and have my American vampires up for auction in the hope that they get at least a deluxe, as I have decided not to buy any standard HC's anymore, just not good value for money

For some? Yes. Eventually.

For most? No.

WW is one i could see getting one. Maybe also Snyders Batman and Swamp Thing, Lemires Animal Man and johns Aquaman. But thats just speculation on my part.

Not unless it says "Geoff Johns" on the cover.

It probably has been asked a few times previously but I can't remember the answer: do we know anything about the contents of the Shazam: 75 years book?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It probably has been asked a few times previously but I can't remember the answer: do we know anything about the contents of the Shazam: 75 years book?
    I keep checking amazon and googling it and: no contents known

Very frustrating.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I keep checking amazon and googling it and: no contents known

Very frustrating.
    yeah and it's only like 1,5 weeks until release. I'm mostly interested if they gonna include the whole Johns-Frank N52 story or not? If not then it sucks but kinda understandable as the hc and the tpb is still in print and it would take up half of the book (but I don't know any other Shazam story by Frank).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah and it's only like 1,5 weeks until release. I'm mostly interested if they gonna include the whole Johns-Frank N52 story or not? If not then it sucks but kinda understandable as the hc and the tpb is still in print and it would take up half of the book (but I don't know any other Shazam story by Frank).
    I'm mostly interested if it collects Ordway's Power of Shazam GN. Probably won't, but it really should.

I'm mostly interested if it collects Ordway's Power of Shazam GN. Probably won't, but it really should.
    oh yeah I heard good things about it and I would like to read golden age stuff as well but if the book includes half of a story or some stories (for example: the n52 one) then I won't buy it no matter how great the other materials are.

All-New Member

Do you guys think we will see a reprint of The Infinite Crisis omnibus, or a special edition tpb?

Quote Originally Posted by lrjones0705 View Post
    Do you guys think we will see a reprint of The Infinite Crisis omnibus, or a special edition tpb?
    I would say it's unlikely, as the event in IC are something DC wants to move past and would rather have people not dwell on it. Also, the TPB of the mini-series alone is still in print.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Kamandi is amazing, love it and was very glad to see it get two nice hardcovers just to bad it was not oversized.
    I hope they're re-released in paperback or something. I only recently became converted via the two 'Archive' volumes at my local library.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lrjones0705 View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that, I think it's been out of print for close to two years now.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

You know what's weird? I'm a huge Captain Marvel fan and love the GN but the monthly...not so much. I don't think I've seen anything but love for the monthly so I know I'm in the minority. Just was a slog for me to get through. Too bad we'll never get the first crossover ever in comics. The Monster Society of Evil . And to think we got teased with a solicit before the PC police cancelled it grrrrrrrr

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    WW is one i could see getting one. Maybe also Snyders Batman and Swamp Thing, Lemires Animal Man and johns Aquaman. But thats just speculation on my part.
    Well, Snyder's Swamp Thing (deluxe, not omnibus) was just revealed on Amazon, so you're right about that one!

I would LOVE an Azzarello Wonder Woman omnibus. DC need to get on that immediately.