View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 221 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1211712112172182192202212222232242252312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 21672
    BANNED

Hell it's about time!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Wow, nice! Weird that it's a big OHC and not an omnibus though
    How do we know it's oversized? I thought it's standard sized like the other Batman hc-s (Wein, Aparo, etc)

Even more DC related news: Egmont Poland will publish something what they call Deluxe DC line starting from April. They've announced few titles like Superman:Red Son - thing is OOP, price is just stupid, at least 60 quid - but more importantly for me, Lobo: Portrait of Bastish, for some reason DC has never published Lobo in HC and now I'll have a chance to read it again, in deluxe HC format. Great day with news, can't wait!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    How do we know it's oversized? I thought it's standard sized like the other Batman hc-s (Wein, Aparo, etc)
    We don't know it's oversized, and I'd say we shouldn't be too optimistic given DCs bat history, but the previous standard trim hardcover were titled "Tales of the Batman: {Name here}" whereas this is "Legends of the Dark Knight: {Name here}" signifying it should be a different style of collection to what we've seen before.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

It's strange Seven Soldiers hasn't been collected. The number of artists seems to justify some sort of prestige book.

All-New Member

I hope Batman by Breyfogle contains the Mudpack storyline.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    It's strange Seven Soldiers hasn't been collected. The number of artists seems to justify some sort of prestige book.
    We have the 2 standard HCs of it, but it is crying out for an Absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    We don't know it's oversized, and I'd say we shouldn't be too optimistic given DCs bat history, but the previous standard trim hardcover were titled "Tales of the Batman: {Name here}" whereas this is "Legends of the Dark Knight: {Name here}" signifying it should be a different style of collection to what we've seen before.
    I suspect that it's not oversized, which is unfortunate.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

The Jim Aparo books were also titled "Legends of the Dark Knight", which really were in the same format as the "Tales of the Batman" books. This one will be a standard-sized hardcover.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    The Jim Aparo books were also titled "Legends of the Dark Knight", which really were in the same format as the "Tales of the Batman" books. This one will be a standard-sized hardcover.
    Your absolutely correct, I was wrong.

Looks like it'll be standard trim then. I wonder how DC decides whats a Tales of ... and whats a Legends of ... Book?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Your absolutely correct, I was wrong.

Looks like it'll be standard trim then. I wonder how DC decides whats a Tales of ... and whats a Legends of ... Book?
    I was under the impression "Tales of..." were writer based collections, while "Legends of..." are artist-centric.

I could be completely wrong though.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I was under the impression "Tales of..." were writer based collections, while "Legends of..." are artist-centric.

I could be completely wrong though.
    That would make too much sense, so of course it's wrong.

And we also have the Batman by Doug Moench and Kelley Jones (where's volume 2, DC??), which is a LotDK/TotB in all but name.

Am I the only one who doesnt like artist/writer series? Usually its a mess (especially artist books). DC should focus on releasing proper omniboo (like Swamp Thing by Moore and Batman or Superman by Morrison) and absolutes!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Am I the only one who doesnt like artist/writer series? Usually its a mess (especially artist books). DC should focus on releasing proper omniboo (like Swamp Thing by Moore and Batman or Superman by Morrison) and absolutes!
    .... I understand your intention but you might want to take a second look at what you just wrote

.... I understand your intention but you might want to take a second look at what you just wrote
    LOL yeah.... That is funny