View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 451 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551951 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Lol! I know. I really feel like dc should refund my money on vol 7 since they got the solcitations wrong.

The page count is what is confusing me the most. The solicitation on vol 7 is 176p if I remember off top of my head. Then the endgame page count is 312. Seems to me it would've higher than that. Although I now am hesitant to trust any Dc solcitation.
    I just counted and, including the TOC etc there are 166 double-sided pages, so 332 pages total. If I had to guess, the original plan was to have the Batman book include the full issues (including the backups) like with Death of the Family and the Court of Owls books, with the Joker HC containing the tie-ins and the backups again, and maybe an issue or two from the main series. At some point that changed and they didn't update any of their solicitation text, which is unfortunately pretty common at this point.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Random question, am I the only person who would buy a Zero Hour omnibus, featuring the event plus all the tie ins (It'd be about 40 issues, but they could include the Green Lantern stuff with Hal going mad as a prologue to beef up the page count and present a full story)?

I bought the Zero Hour tpb recently and although I know it has haters, I really liked the story still
    I want a Legends Omnibus first, you know, the Byrne event. Then they can do Zero Hour if they want.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I want a Legends Omnibus first, you know, the Byrne event. Then they can do Zero Hour if they want.
    YES! Ostrander stuff is always good in my book. Plus it make sense to release soon because of the first appearance of the modern Suicide Squad.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Second random question of the day, is The Killing Joke available in any other OHCs other than the stupidly thin standalone one of it's own?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Heres some quick shots of SA Green Lantern

Plain black cardboard cover much like SA Justice League.

The paper feels a lot thinner than SA Justice League, even feels ever so slightly thinner than the paper in recent Marvel omnis, so be warned about that.

The glued binding that I had previously mentioned.

Dosn't affect readability much, you don't lose anything in the gutters, the colours are bright and vibrant and something that's done here but not in SA Justice League is the addition of the issue number in the footer of the left hand page which is a nice value add.

A picture of all the SA and Omnis (and GA superman) side-by-side

thanks to everyone for the info and pics! I ordered GL 1 & 2 over the weekend, will get the Flash and JLA at some point soon - maybe they'll be on black friday sales, you never know.

thanks again! Can't wait to get them. my FIRST DC trades/books EVER!! I've now officially gone to the dark side. (my poor wallet)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Well my joker endgame is here. only thing it dosnt have that vol 7 has is the varient covers and a few pictures....so theres that ;( I like how they put the issues in order. But I wish the backups were all in order instead of at the end of the respected issues like how it was in vol 1 with Alfred's fathers story. Its a good buy for the price only 5$ more than vol 7 and you get 4 more issues plus backups. But still biggest Dc let down for me by far.
    Last edited by mtop2036; 09-29-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Lol! I know. I really feel like dc should refund my money on vol 7 since they got the solcitations wrong.

The page count is what is confusing me the most. The solicitation on vol 7 is 176p if I remember off top of my head. Then the endgame page count is 312. Seems to me it would've higher than that. Although I now am hesitant to trust any Dc solcitation.
    You did trust the solicitations before? Are you living on Earth-2 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    You did trust the solicitations before? Are you living on Earth-2 or something?
    Well being a new reader since June yes I did. Definitely learned my lesson.

It would of been fine if they released both books at the same time. I feel likethey didn't just so people would fall for it like poor ol me

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Well, just returned Batman v7 to Amazon and bought Joker: Endgame. Wish they would have done this from the beginning. It'd be great if Night of the Owls and Joker: Death of the Family contained the entire events within them as well. The GL events would have been great for this too.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Second random question of the day, is The Killing Joke available in any other OHCs other than the stupidly thin standalone one of it's own?
    No.
    (10 char)

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I guess I'll be getting the Joker book after all. I'd be mad about the numbering and title differnces, but frankly I'm probably going to skip volume 8 anyway, so its a moot point.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    No.
    (10 char)
    Buggeration
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I want to buy some Green Arrow stuff. I've got Longbow Hunters and the other paperbacks from Grell so far and I'll be getting the Lemire deluxe in January. Any recommendations that are available now except for the Smith Absolute? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I want to buy some Green Arrow stuff. I've got Longbow Hunters and the other paperbacks from Grell so far and I'll be getting the Lemire deluxe in January. Any recommendations that are available now except for the Smith Absolute? Cheers
    The Archer's Quest OHC. It's brilliant and follows Smith's run but you don't really need to know much.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Did anyone else happen to pick up Free Country: A Tale of The Child's Crusade? It's a standard HC, but I could have sworn that it was originally solicited as an OHC/Deluxe edition...?
    It's a deluxe in the same way that Flex Mentallo is a deluxe-- the difference is the 80+ new pages rather than concept material.

The new story pages do really improve the story, and thankfully, they are not just limited to the "middle chapter". The story loses a lot of its disjointedness, and a lot of the developments that seemed to come out of nowhere have some foreshadowing. Still not a great story, but certainly a much better one in this form.

Also, as far as the annuals not being included, Neil kinda hits the nail on the head in his introduction when he points out that most the annuals involved had very little to nothing to do with the actual story besides a few pages. I think the new story pages do a better job of explaining how the kids were lured to Free Country and what role the Black Tower played in opposing their "abductions". I do think that the "Arcana" annual should have been included to explain the magical developments, especially as the only place it's been reprinted is in an out-of-print tpb of Books of Faerie.