View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    All these cancellations are really disappointing, but I have to imagine many will be resolicited, especially the Essential line. I have much less hope for most of the 90's material that I love so much. I assume that a lot of other volumes will not be continuing, like Superman Blue (and further installments of omnibuses after Exile), Superman Adventures, Batman and Robin Adventures, Kesel and Grummet's Superboy, and so on...
    Fingers crossed the last WW/Rucka paperback collection will see the light of day!

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Some of those cancellations seem to still be up for pre-order on sites like Amazon, though I believe they've just haven't gotten around to updating their info since after all Edelweiss is claiming cancellation and I can't find any mention of many of those trades on DC's official website when searching for them.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 03-02-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Wrong number Batman claims 11 Crisis and Superman says it is actually 12
    Batman mentioned that in reference to how many times they have saved the universe, not how many times there has been a Crisis. Semantics perhaps, but still a distinction.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Some of those cancellations seem to still be up for pre-order on sites like Amazon, though I believe they've just haven't gotten around to updating their info since after all Edelweiss is claiming cancellation and I can't find any mention of many of those trades on DC's official website when searching for them.
    DC only lists trades on their website after they are solicited to comic shops and some of these books haven't even made it that far. Any paperbacks due for release after June probably aren't on the website yet.

That said, DC's website isn't a reliable source anyway. Books that have been solicited and cancelled before publication are still showing up on the site. (Waves at GL: Kyle Rayner Volume 3). I generally use the Extended Forecast on comiclist.com to see what's coming up, cancelled, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Also bummed about Justice League: Zero Hour, even though there were only about 5 of us who were going to buy it...
    Yup, definitely one of those 5. Some of the contents from that book weren't going to be in the ZH omni that (hopefully) will come out, so I was looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Any idea what the Crisis boxset will include?

Also, DC cancelled Batman Shaman too...
    The Crisis box set is currently discounted to $350 on amazon.com... but still doesn’t give any details what’s in it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    That said, DC's website isn't a reliable source anyway. Books that have been solicited and cancelled before publication are still showing up on the site. (Waves at GL: Kyle Rayner Volume 3). I generally use the Extended Forecast on comiclist.com to see what's coming up, cancelled, etc.
    So Hush Omnibus and New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 4 are cancelled, too. Very disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    So Hush Omnibus and New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 4 are cancelled, too. Very disappointing
    NTT Vol 4 is due to be resolicited though, so that's something.

Anyone picking up Promethea Deluxe HC tomorrow? I'm a big Alan Moore fan but never read this - worth it?

I couldn't get through Promethea found it a bit boring honestly. I love Alan Moore in general though, so maybe it was just not for me on this one. I hate to vote against his work since he's done so much I loved.

Mighty Member

Probably gonna wait until at least a v2 is solicited. Dont wanna turn around and find an omni being released like with Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Probably gonna wait until at least a v2 is solicited. Dont wanna turn around and find an omni being released like with Injustice.
    Or that there is no Volume 2, like with Unwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Or that there is no Volume 2, like with Unwritten.
    Hmm, I mean, it is Alan Moore. DC likes to milk everything it can from him.

I'm surprised we never saw an Absolute Tom Strong

Also, Promethea is really really good, if only got JHW3's art. I have the absolutes, otherwise I would pick these up

Amazing Member

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but is the Aquaman Omnibus by Johns already sold out? It just came out and I can’t find it anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been asked, but is the Aquaman Omnibus by Johns already sold out? It just came out and I can’t find it anywhere?
    someone just posted it over in the Omnibus collector's FB group that DC announced a reprint for April.