Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
This is going to be harsh ... so skip if you don't want serious negativity. Ha ha.

I finally gave up on the Harley Quinn omnibus by Conner and Palmiotti after about 12 issues through (which is almost half the book).

It's utter garbage. This run has absolutely no soul; it's one of the most shallow series I've ever read. Hell, it's not even a fun read. I mean, if you're going to put out a book with no depth, at least make it entertaining - make it funny.

The authors poorly attempt a gag-a-panel run with cliche humor, lame fart jokes and poor sexual innuendoes. The issue I finally quit on spent about 6 pages with Harley and a group of girls in the ocean pretending to be sharks and biting each other on the asses. Seriously . . . that was it. "I'm a shark." Bite. "Ha ha, no, I don't like sharks." "Oooh, I'm scared!" Bite.

Good, God! How does this run even sell????

The most potentially promising part of this series was a couple of the back-up characters - a old man/former spy and a circus midget who helps out Harley. And, the writers couldn't even develop those two. There was just no heart. An example of where it was good - think back to Ennis' Punisher and Frank's Return when he was living in the run down motel. You had the nervous girl, the heavy set guy and Spacker Dave! That's how you do it.

I've never been big on Palmiotti and this seals it for me. This was my first go around with Conner, but I won't pick up any of her work, either.

Here's hoping the book sells out and I can recoup my money.

That said, I started the Darth Vader omnibus. Real writing, real entertainment. The book captures the magic of the characters and introduces new and interesting secondary characters.

It's too bad Harley Quinn couldn't do that. In fact, it's absolutely sad that the character in the movie is better than the one in the comic. It's usually the other way around and a complete failure of the authors' attempt at storytelling.
I warned you. I said stay away! But nooooo