View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Batman GA Omnibus Vol. 9 is already announced for June 2021 ...
    Thanks Shaboo that makes my day, I wonder how many more volumes to the Silver age yes I'm GREEDY!
    Hail Hydra!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Thanks Shaboo that makes my day, I wonder how many more volumes to the Silver age yes I'm GREEDY!
    Volume 9 is the final Golden Age Batman volume and it collects Batman #76-84, plus stories from Detective Comics #192-208 and World's Finest Comics #63-70

(WF 71 is in the Silver Age Batman/Superman World's Finest omnibus vol 1 so they are using that as a break point between Gold & Silver Age for Batman and presumably Superman as well)
    Last edited by JAG2045; 09-30-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Yippee Jag2046 that's great news, can you imagine how much these collected issues would have cost as originals WOW!
    Hail Hydra!

Maybe someone can help me in the Blackest Night and infinite crisis omnis, are the main event presented in the beginning; or is it in publishing order, scattered throughout the omni?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Maybe someone can help me in the Blackest Night and infinite crisis omnis, are the main event presented in the beginning; or is it in publishing order, scattered throughout the omni?
    Infinite Crisis is semi-chronological order (not publishing order). Countdown, then the 4 minis and related stories (e.g. Sacrifice is in the correct place inside OMAC Project), then IC with the various specials interwoven
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Just a heads up to anyone still waiting to get them that both the "Batman: Prodigal" & "Batman: Troika" TPB's (released as part of the 9 volume Knightfall 25th anniversary set in 2018/2019) seem to be heading OOP - neither are on IST/TOW and only available from 3rd parties on Amazon - with Prodigal being listed for 50USD!

The other volumes still seem to be in stock although some are quite low in stock according to Amazon (Batman: Prelude to Knightfall, Batman: Knightfall Vol. 1, Batman: Knightfall Vol. 2, Batman: Knightquest: The Crusade Vol. 1, Batman: Knightquest: The Crusade Vol. 2, Batman: Knightquest: The Search, Batman: KnightsEnd)

Spectacular Member

Superman was born on the planet Krypton and was given the name Kal-El at birth.. I just knew.

Hard to believe im actually holding Morrison's Animal Man Deluxe Hardcover Volume Two in my hands.
    It had a 3+ year delay - I refused to believe it was coming out until I actually held it.
    DC came through for once.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Hard to believe im actually holding Morrison's Animal Man Deluxe Hardcover Volume Two in my hands.
    It had a 3+ year delay - I refused to believe it was coming out until I actually held it.
    Agreed! Wish the rest of the run could be released in a deluxe HC format, but just like doom patrol, they only care about the Morrison run =0(

only other classic vertigo run that’s missing is Shade the Changing Man. I was surprised they published the Nancy Collins Swamp Thing Omni so maybe there’s hope.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    This is really nothing short of a miracle! I can't think of another instance off the top of my head - I'm sure someone else can - where there was such a delay between a vol. 1 and 2.
    Shade, The Changing Man may have come close. Vol. 1 was out for years, and appeared abandoned, until they put out 2 and 3 almost back to back. Of course we never saw vol. 4, but that's another story...

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Agreed! Wish the rest of the run could be released in a deluxe HC format, but just like doom patrol, they only care about the Morrison run =0(

only other classic vertigo run that’s missing is Shade the Changing Man. I was surprised they published the Nancy Collins Swamp Thing Omni so maybe there’s hope.
    So annoying that they canceled Pollack's Doom Patrol collection. They could have easily fit her run into two books, but no... *sigh*

And the Collins Swamp Thing is another small miracle. If anything, I'd have expected a single trade, only to have that orphaned as well.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This is really nothing short of a miracle! I can't think of another instance off the top of my head - I'm sure someone else can - where there was such a delay between a vol. 1 and 2.
    Shade, The Changing Man may have come close. Vol. 1 was out for years, and appeared abandoned, until they put out 2 and 3 almost back to back. Of course we never saw vol. 4, but that's another story...

So annoying that they canceled Pollack's Doom Patrol collection. They could have easily fit her run into two books, but no... *sigh*

And the Collins Swamp Thing is another small miracle. If anything, I'd have expected a single trade, only to have that orphaned as well.
    It is a shame they don't have the collection of the post-Morrison Doom Patrol issues although IIRC isnt there some issues with the files of the Pollack run that is part of the reason they cancelled the collection?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Volume 9 is the final Golden Age Batman volume and it collects Batman #76-84, plus stories from Detective Comics #192-208 and World's Finest Comics #63-70

(WF 71 is in the Silver Age Batman/Superman World's Finest omnibus vol 1 so they are using that as a break point between Gold & Silver Age for Batman and presumably Superman as well)
    So excited for Golden Age Omni Vol 9. I'm hoping they do the Silver Age.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    So excited for Golden Age Omni Vol 9. I'm hoping they do the Silver Age.
    Same here - honestly I want them to get the Silver Age Batman done ASAP so we can finally get Bronze Age omnibuses!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna keep calling for and hoping for Golden Age Shazam Omnibuses.

A DC email to me referred to mysterious "challenges" (that had nothing do with the content itself the email insisted) in doing such Golden Age Shazam omnis, but I reallly hope DC can find a way to overcome these.

DC said it was trying to focus on less or uncollected material and Golden/Silver Captain Marvel fits that more than anything. He's such an important superhero.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-03-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    It is a shame they don't have the collection of the post-Morrison Doom Patrol issues although IIRC isnt there some issues with the files of the Pollack run that is part of the reason they cancelled the collection?
    How is DP, post Morrison? Its my understanding that Animal Man post Morrison is mediocre.