View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 171 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 711211611671681691701711721731741751812212716711171 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 21662
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    You gonna be confused about FC, no matter what But you don't need to read Batman for FC. I think you will be fine with the knowledge you already have.
    I know I'm going to be confused and I'm preprared for that. As long as I'm not utterly confused
    Thanks for the answer!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I know I'm going to be confused and I'm preprared for that. As long as I'm not utterly confused
    Thanks for the answer!
    The best part is that you know you're going to be confused, so that's good. (I've read all of it several times and I'm still finding new things that help make more sense.)

That said, you want to read them in order - or as much order as possible, starting with Batman, then into FC. There are little pieces of FC that feature Batman that if you haven't read them before - and even if you have - might not make any sense if you haven't read the prior stuff.

You can read Batman and Robin at the same time you read the Return of Bruce Wayne - that's one that hasn't been mentioned yet - or you can read Bruce Wayne afterward. Then read Batman Inc.

I can't recall how many Deluxe Books there are (one small storyline isn't actually collected in Deluxe), but they could each be reformatted for Absolute. So, maybe three or four????

I could maybe - maybe - see DC putting them in Absolute because Batman and Morrison - and not necessarily Morrison's Batman - sell many, many copies in Absolute edition.

I would think, however, that it's got a better chance getting collected in an omnibus as DC has pretty much collected most of Morrison's stuff longer bodies of work (except Batman and JLA) in omnibus form.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Default Month and a half Haul

Here is the rest of my haul from the month of October. Special thanks to poster victorxd for the flash/aquaman suggestions, I have the Geoff Johns flash omnibus 1&2 on the way. Will read those after the marvel trades and as previously mentioned in the Marvel thread, get started on the Elektra omnibus. I only have one other Frank Miller Hardcover in my sights , 300. I read a couple of pages of Holy Terror, and I'll just say I will take a hard pass on the material. After that I'm going to start collecting classic stories by Alan Moore.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The best part is that you know you're going to be confused, so that's good. (I've read all of it several times and I'm still finding new things that help make more sense.)

That said, you want to read them in order - or as much order as possible, starting with Batman, then into FC. There are little pieces of FC that feature Batman that if you haven't read them before - and even if you have - might not make any sense if you haven't read the prior stuff.

You can read Batman and Robin at the same time you read the Return of Bruce Wayne - that's one that hasn't been mentioned yet - or you can read Bruce Wayne afterward. Then read Batman Inc.

I can't recall how many Deluxe Books there are (one small storyline isn't actually collected in Deluxe), but they could each be reformatted for Absolute. So, maybe three or four????

I could maybe - maybe - see DC putting them in Absolute because Batman and Morrison - and not necessarily Morrison's Batman - sell many, many copies in Absolute edition.

I would think, however, that it's got a better chance getting collected in an omnibus as DC has pretty much collected most of Morrison's stuff longer bodies of work (except Batman and JLA) in omnibus form.
    There are seven deluxes so far with 4 of them being collected into two absolutes.

Black Glove - Deluxe
    RIP - Deluxe
    Batman and Robin 1 - Batman and Robin Absolute
    Batman and Robin 2 - Batman and Robin Absolute
    Batman and Robin 3 - Batman and Robin Absolute
    Return of BW - Deluxe
    Batman Inc vol 1 - Batman Inc Absolute

Batman Inc vol 1 deluxe is merged with the two tpbs to make the Absolute. You could make Death and Return another absolute but it would kind of straddle B&R. Black Glove + RIP absolute would be big at about 600 pages but has been done before. That would just lave Return of BW at about a 200 page absolute.

It's a bit of a mess and they should just stick to one format before they move on in my opinion.

Spectacular Member

Any idea if the 10th anniversary edition of Identity Crisis will have new extras or just be the same hardback repackaged? Thanks for any info.

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...ersary-edition

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    There are seven deluxes so far with 4 of them being collected into two absolutes.

Black Glove - Deluxe
    RIP - Deluxe
    Batman and Robin 1 - Batman and Robin Absolute
    Batman and Robin 2 - Batman and Robin Absolute
    Batman and Robin 3 - Batman and Robin Absolute
    Return of BW - Deluxe
    Batman Inc vol 1 - Batman Inc Absolute

Batman Inc vol 1 deluxe is merged with the two tpbs to make the Absolute. You could make Death and Return another absolute but it would kind of straddle B&R. Black Glove + RIP absolute would be big at about 600 pages but has been done before. That would just lave Return of BW at about a 200 page absolute.

It's a bit of a mess and they should just stick to one format before they move on in my opinion.
    Couldn't DC just do:
    Absolute Batman: The Black Glove collecting Batman and Son, The Black Glove and The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul (~640 pages)
    Absolute Batman: R.I.P. collecting R.I.P., Time and the Batman, The Return of Bruce Wayne (~568 pages)

Those two books would be on the bigger end of Absolute editions like Absolute Batman Incorporated.

The other Morrison stuff is already taken care of with Absolute Batman Incorporated and Absolute Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Couldn't DC just do:
    Absolute Batman: The Black Glove collecting Batman and Son, The Black Glove and The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul (~640 pages)
    Absolute Batman: R.I.P. collecting R.I.P., Time and the Batman, The Return of Bruce Wayne (~568 pages)

Those two books would be on the bigger end of Absolute editions like Absolute Batman Incorporated.

The other Morrison stuff is already taken care of with Absolute Batman Incorporated and Absolute Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn.
    Yeah, and I touched on that a little in my comment but the problem comes from Aboslute B&R and RoBW taking place at the same time, or at least with RoBW occurring at the end of B&R. So either you read the first half of RIP/RoBW absolute, then read Absolute B&R and then go back to the RIP/RoBW absolute or you switch back and forth between the second half of RIP/RoBW absolute and the B&R absolute.

Either way there is a weird gap between RIP and RoBW that makes it an awkward pairing.

It's completely doable but the best way in my opinion was to just keep it all in deluxes all separated into the proper volumes. Missing Time and the Bat is kind of annoying though.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Question for the very big Morrison fans:
    I love Morrison's work but have not yet read a ton of his work and what I've read of him was the "simpler" stuff he wrote like Animal Man. After exploring the Dc universe for a while I think I'm ready to read Final Crisis. I want to get the Absolute as I've heard it's the most complete edition. Problem is, I want to get the Final Crisis Absolute as well as Batman and Robin and Batman Inc absolutes but I've never read Morrison's Batman. If I'm getting Absolute Batman and Robin and Incorporated then I'm waiting for the rest of the Morrison run to get Absolutized (does anyone know how many absolutes that would take and how high that possibility is?) Before I read them but if I'm getting the Final Crisis Absolute then I plan on reading it when I get it instead of waiting for another Morrison Batman Absolute. Is this possible without me being utterly confused? I know quite a few things about the New Gods and other Kirby creations so that will be okay I guess, I just need to know if I'm okay without reading Batman. And are there other things I'd need to know before I read FC (aside fom Death of the New Gods)? Thanks!
    I think your good. The two issues of Batman in the FC Absolute should give you everything you need.
    Cyclops was right

Has anyone had a delayed notice from Barnes and Noble? All three of my Flash omnibuses by Geoff Johns have been delayed

1 out of my 3 was delayed. A day behind. The first 2 are here and came in perfect condition even though the box only had 5 air cushions on top of the books.

Deciding on a format to collect Morrison's Batman in is one of the most rage inducing decisions ever.
    Absolute B&R and Absolute Bat Inc. are almost guaranteed purchases for me seeing as how I've already read up to Time & the Batman digitally, but the rest of his run I'll hold off on in hopes for an omnibus...whenever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    Here is the rest of my haul from the month of October. Special thanks to poster victorxd for the flash/aquaman suggestions, I have the Geoff Johns flash omnibus 1&2 on the way. Will read those after the marvel trades and as previously mentioned in the Marvel thread, get started on the Elektra omnibus. I only have one other Frank Miller Hardcover in my sights , 300. I read a couple of pages of Holy Terror, and I'll just say I will take a hard pass on the material. After that I'm going to start collecting classic stories by Alan Moore
    You're welcome! You're enjoying them?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Thanks for the help guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Yeah, and I touched on that a little in my comment but the problem comes from Aboslute B&R and RoBW taking place at the same time, or at least with RoBW occurring at the end of B&R. So either you read the first half of RIP/RoBW absolute, then read Absolute B&R and then go back to the RIP/RoBW absolute or you switch back and forth between the second half of RIP/RoBW absolute and the B&R absolute.

Either way there is a weird gap between RIP and RoBW that makes it an awkward pairing.

It's completely doable but the best way in my opinion was to just keep it all in deluxes all separated into the proper volumes. Missing Time and the Bat is kind of annoying though.
    Is it possible that they can do a Batman RIP absolute containing Return of Bruce Wayne but do it Luthor/Joker Absolute style? So you have RIP and Time and the Batman in a hardcover in the slipcase and RoBW is in another hardcover in the slipcase. That would indicate the time gap and you don't have to switch books midway

Thanks for the help guys!

Is it possible that they can do a Batman RIP absolute containing Return of Bruce Wayne but do it Luthor/Joker Absolute style? So you have RIP and Time and the Batman in a hardcover in the slipcase and RoBW is in another hardcover in the slipcase. That would indicate the time gap and you don't have to switch books midway
    I was thinking that too. Or they could do Son, Black Glove and RIP in one absolute and RoBW and BW: Road Home in another absolute Luthor/Joker style. Road Home wasn;t very memorable, but still adds to the whole story.