View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1361 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 36186112611311135113571358135913601361136213631364136513711411 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,415 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    This is a must buy for me. I wonder what they’d put in the 3rd volume.
    I thought this was it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I thought this was it?
    On the first book it says "first of three omnibus editions" but I thought I heard during a solicitation video (maybe Omar's) that this concluded the series. So who knows

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    If I may add to that: and is it hardcover or softcover?
    My guess is it is like the recent Sandman complete box set: softcover. As for the coloring, my guess is that they will be the new recolorings. The one bit of information that points otherwise is that these appear to be the same breakdown of issues as the earlier standard hardcover set. DC might just take what they have on hand for those.

EDIT: The Penguin Random House entry for the box set says its a trade paperback, so that seems to be confirmation on that aspect at least.
    Last edited by fillmont; 06-01-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    On the first book it says "first of three omnibus editions" but I thought I heard during a solicitation video (maybe Omar's) that this concluded the series. So who knows
    The blurb on the Penguin Random House site has this: "The second and final omnibus of Peter Gross' amazing run of The Books of Magic series!"

Many took this to mean that DC had pulled back on the 3-volume idea. However, the current solicitation says its part of a 3-volume set again. The "second and final" seems to refer to only Peter Gross's contributions, so the PRH blurb is also true. It is very strange though.

Of course, depending on the sales of Volume 2, Volume 3 could still end up cancelled. But it may very well come out. We shall see!

I'm all about that Batwoman Omnibus

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    THE BOOKS OF MAGIC OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    (THE SANDMAN UNIVERSE CLASSICS)
    written by PETER GROSS, JOHN NEY RIEBER, BRONWYN CARLTON, AND OTHERS
    art by PETER GROSS, PETER SNEJBJERG, AND OTHERS
    cover by MICHAEL WM. KALUTA
    ON SALE 10/19/21
    $150.00 US | 1480 PAGES | FC | DC
    Ages 17+
    Hardcover
    7 1/16" x 10 7/8"
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-320-5
    The son of a manipulative sorceress and a mystical falconer, Tim Hunter is destined to become the most powerful mage in the world. But as the young Londoner comes to terms with his abilities and future, he must deal with demons, wizards, and evil Tim Hunters looking to claim his power. As Tim’s life is dismantled by magic and his own missteps, he will embark on an adventure across Faerie and the realms that will change the world as we know it.
    This second of three omnibuses collects the epic finale to writer John Ney Rieber’s run, as well as the full run by writer/artist Peter Gross, all from The Books of Magic #33-75, The Books of Magic Annual #1-3, The Books of Faerie #1-3, stories from Vertigo: Winter’s Edge #1-3, Hellblazer/The Books of Magic #1-2, and The Books of Faerie: Molly’s Story #1-4.
    Also included a brand-new foreword by John Ney Rieber and a brand-new introduction by Peter Gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    The blurb on the Penguin Random House site has this: "The second and final omnibus of Peter Gross' amazing run of The Books of Magic series!"

Many took this to mean that DC had pulled back on the 3-volume idea. However, the current solicitation says its part of a 3-volume set again. The "second and final" seems to refer to only Peter Gross's contributions, so the PRH blurb is also true. It is very strange though.

Of course, depending on the sales of Volume 2, Volume 3 could still end up cancelled. But it may very well come out. We shall see!
    Agreed, can still be cancelled but I bolded from the solicitation blurb to show this is still planned as 3, unless the solicitation was written long ago and never updated since which I can totally see happening too.

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Agreed, can still be cancelled but I bolded from the solicitation blurb to show this is still planned as 3, unless the solicitation was written long ago and never updated since which I can totally see happening too.
    What do you think will be collected in the third?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    What do you think will be collected in the third?
    There are at least three minis/series that would be the bulk of a third omni: The Names of Magic, Hunter: The Age of Magic, and Books of Magick: Life During Wartime. This would amount to 45 issues. There may be other short series or one offs as well.

But if we stick with 45, that would be rough equivalent to the first volume and a bit shorter than the second.
    Last edited by fillmont; 06-02-2021 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Proper Name of Title

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theegreatone View Post
    I'm all about that Batwoman Omnibus
    It is going to be a blind buy for me. Heard fairly good things about the run.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    There are at least three minis/series that would be the bulk of a third omni: The Names of Magic, Hunter: The Age of Magic, and Books of Magick: Life During Wartime. This would amount to 45 issues. There may be other short series or one offs as well.

But if we stick with 45, that would be rough equivalent to the first volume and a bit shorter than the second.
    I would be most pleasantly shocked if we actually see the 3rd volume, as the franchise delivered steadily diminishing returns once the original series ended.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Are books getting released early at Barnes & Noble? I just picked up Batman E1 v3 and it's not meant to be out till Tuesday.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Are books getting released early at Barnes & Noble? I just picked up Batman E1 v3 and it's not meant to be out till Tuesday.
    If anything, my local B&N is usually a week behind on releasing their TPB/GN's. I suspect someone jumped the gun at your store...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If anything, my local B&N is usually a week behind on releasing their TPB/GN's. I suspect someone jumped the gun at your store...?
    Bless 'em, I says!!

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Can anyone speak to the quality of the Y The Last Man Compendium in terms of build, paper quality, etc.

Can't seem to find any info on the internets.

Amazing Member

The Fables compendiums I have are well built and even after reading them the spine is intact.