View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    No word on any 'new' lines, like SA Hawkman. Sorry. And if they continue to follow former precedent, they release an omni first, and then later release the thick trades.
    I'm not sure the exact dates, but they recently released Doom patrol trade vol 1, and upcoming Adam Strange vol 1; I'm not sure the release date of the trade compared to the omnibus release - not sure if we can gleam anything from that or not. They might just want to get the trades out to market faster, I dunno.
    Thank you. I was trying to see if I needed to ask my local library to hunt down a copy of the Hawkman Archives vol. 1 (they were able to get the first two Adam Strange volumes) or wait until the trade was released. DC has been really good over the past year about putting their trade paperbacks on Hoopla Digital. Both The Demon and Peter David's Aquaman were put on the app the same week they released.

But they don't seem to do that with the omnibus.

Well, I just ordered the Morrison Batman Omni from amazon because In-Stock-trades couldn't keep the damn thing in stock. (same price and free shipping, so no biggie)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    for those wondering about this weeks Batman: Caped Crusader vol 1 the contents are-

Batman 417-425 & 430-431
    Batman Annual 12
    Who's Who '87 profiles for Jason Todd, Commissioner Gordon, KGBeast & the Joker

Meaning that as per the solicit "Death in the Family is skipped", so Jason is fine in 425 and the next issue Batman is acting solemn over his death, where is the logic in skipping this exactly?
    They might've figured since it's been collected so many times already, anyone interested in this book probably already has it in some format or another.

The completionist in me is totally bothered, but on the other hand at lease I can pick this up knowing it's not a double dip...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    for those wondering about this weeks Batman: Caped Crusader vol 1 the contents are-

Batman 417-425 & 430-431
    Batman Annual 12
    Who's Who '87 profiles for Jason Todd, Commissioner Gordon, KGBeast & the Joker

Meaning that as per the solicit "Death in the Family is skipped", so Jason is fine in 425 and the next issue Batman is acting solemn over his death, where is the logic in skipping this exactly?
    I would assume we'll see a OHC Deluxe edition of Death in the Family eventually. Later this year will be the 30th anniversary. The last issue came out in 1989, so I suppose they could still do a 30th anniversary edition sometime in 2019.

I went back several pages and found nothing, so I apologize if this was asked before:
    Do you think the Batman/Elmer Fudd one shot will be collected in one of the Batman by King deluxe editions, or do you believe it's unlikely?

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    I'm so torn on the Seven Soldiers omni. On one hand, I love most of anything Grant Morrison writes. On the other, I know next to nothing about most of these characters or what the series is about in general.
    That's the point of the book. Morrison says in the introduction that he wanted to take and make a team out of characters hardly anybody knew or cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I would assume we'll see a OHC Deluxe edition of Death in the Family eventually. Later this year will be the 30th anniversary. The last issue came out in 1989, so I suppose they could still do a 30th anniversary edition sometime in 2019.
    Ugh. 30 freaking years already? I remember buying those issues (one of the first truly hyped comic book stories ever) at the local comic shop (long gone now). I was in high school, but still, man, so long ago!

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

For people who have the watchmen deluxe edition, whats the binding like? Are they sewn or glued and there a eyehole does the pages lay flat on the spine? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Well, I just ordered the Morrison Batman Omni from amazon because In-Stock-trades couldn't keep the damn thing in stock. (same price and free shipping, so no biggie)
    IST even had a 1-copy per customer limit for the Morrison Batman omnibus when I ordered it. I guess there was high demand and they were selling out too quickly.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 08-16-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

When looking at the omnibus for super sons i noticed that this listing for super sons deluxe collecting 1-12, i hope they are not going to cancel the omnibus for deluxe editions unless it to include the adventures of the super sons series.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Sons-...rds=Super+sons

What DC Rebirth titles are available in Deluxe Hardcover?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    That's the point of the book. Morrison says in the introduction that he wanted to take and make a team out of characters hardly anybody knew or cared about.
    I find Zatanna kind of an odd fit in the series for just that reason. She's not a super star but she seems like one compared to the rest of the lineup.

It didn't surprise me to learn that Morrison originally pitched a more obscure magic character, the Enchantress.

Adding: By the way, to get back to my usual subject, the Seven Soldiers omnibus does not restore the credits the way the Morrison Batman omnibus did. Instead it has all the credits and titles in the table of contents at the beginning.

It seems kind of arbitrary which reprints have credits and which don't, my favorite example being that the original hardcover of Final Crisis has the credits but all subsequent versions (that I've seen anyway) do not. I hope at least the other Morrison Batmen will have them.
    Last edited by gurkle; 08-16-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I went back several pages and found nothing, so I apologize if this was asked before:
    Do you think the Batman/Elmer Fudd one shot will be collected in one of the Batman by King deluxe editions, or do you believe it's unlikely?
    I think this is unlikely to happen. That one shot has nothing to do with King's main story. However, you never know..

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I think this is unlikely to happen. That one shot has nothing to do with King's main story. However, you never know..
    I was okay with it being skipped until I got to SPOILER Porky's appearance in #50, and now I'd kinda like to see it collected in Book 4 right before the Booster Gold story, or right at the beginning of the hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    When looking at the omnibus for super sons i noticed that this listing for super sons deluxe collecting 1-12, i hope they are not going to cancel the omnibus for deluxe editions unless it to include the adventures of the super sons series.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Sons-...rds=Super+sons
    That is an old listing that Amazon UK hasn't deleted. Please don't go by their info. They have plenty of old canceled stuff still listed. Use Amazon US for better accuracy (and then you can actually buy the stuff on Amazon UK).

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    What DC Rebirth titles are available in Deluxe Hardcover?
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Flash
    Harley Quinn
    Justice League of America (this deluxe edition line seems to have been canceled after the first volume)
    Justice League
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman

Green Arrow is coming in October.