View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1389 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 38988912891339137913851386138713881389139013911392139313991439 ... LastLast
Results 20,821 to 20,835 of 21657

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    GOTHAM CENTRAL OMNIBUS (2nd Printing)
    Written by ED BRUBAKER and GREG RUCKA
    Art and cover by MICHAEL LARK
    $99.99 US | 968 pages | 7 1/4" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-563-6
    ON SALE 4/12/22
    Offered again! Grizzled police veteran Harvey Bullock, Captain Maggie Sawyer, Detective Renee Montoya, and the rest of the GCPD are the law force that stands between order and complete anarchy in Gotham City. In this modern crime noir, Gotham's Finest work around the clock to not only keep the world's most dangerous criminals off the streets…but also to clean up the mess left behind by Batman's vigilantism. Collects the full 40-issue series.

I never got the first one and eBay is nuts so I today pre ordered this. I held off the trades for years so this better not get cancelled.

Incredible Member

So with the new Batman by Snyder volume 2 omnibus out, what’s the over/under on getting a Metal Omnibus in a timely fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    So with the new Batman by Snyder volume 2 omnibus out, what’s the over/under on getting a Metal Omnibus in a timely fashion?
    If other event omnis are anything to go by, it'll be just in time...

... for the 10th anniversary of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    THE QUESTION BY DENNIS O'NEIL AND DENYS COWAN VOL. 1
    Written by DENNIS O'NEIL
    Art by DENYS COWAN, RICK MAGYAR, and others
    Cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    $99.99 US | 916 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-547-6
    ON SALE 4/26/2
    In the corrupt, crime-ridden Hub City, investigative reporter Vic Sage strives to tell his viewers the truth—and faceless philosophical hero the Question uncovers what Sage cannot. But with deadly assassins and political intrigue to contend with, can one man make a difference? Collects stories from The Question #1-27, Green Arrow Annual #1, The Question Annual #1, and Detective Comics Annual #1.

"Volume 1" implies the existence of a volume 2...are they planning on doing more Vic Sage omnis?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    "Volume 1" implies the existence of a volume 2...are they planning on doing more Vic Sage omnis?
    Volume 2 would finish up the Dennis O'Neil run which went up to issue 36 and was followed by the 5 issue double sized quarterly series and the second annual with tie ins.

DC has gotten a little better with the Longbow Hunters and 5 Years Later omnibus Vol 2 coming out less than a year after Vol 1.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    If other event omnis are anything to go by, it'll be just in time...

... for the 10th anniversary of the event.
    Sad but probably true.

I would guess that we'll get one more Synder Batman omnibus before they get to a Metal omni - Black Mirror, Batman and the Signal, Batman Who Laughs, All Star Batman, and Gates of Gotham, plus any short stories that have appeared in the anniversaries (e.g. Detective 1000, etc).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Volume 2 would finish up the Dennis O'Neil run which went up to issue 36 and was followed by the 5 issue double sized quarterly series and the second annual with tie ins.

DC has gotten a little better with the Longbow Hunters and 5 Years Later omnibus Vol 2 coming out less than a year after Vol 1.
    Im appreciative that this Question Omni is NOT a 1500 page un-readable monstrosity - 900 pages is about my limit - but its a strange split ending the first volume at #27. Even with #28-36, The Quarterlies, and Annuals, Vol 2 looks like its going to be a smaller book. Perhaps theyll include the early 2000's Edwards mini - the blackest night #37 - or maybe even some of Ruckas Crime Book stuff.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Im appreciative that this Question Omni is NOT a 1500 page un-readable monstrosity - 900 pages is about my limit - but its a strange split ending the first volume at #27. Even with #28-36, The Quarterlies, and Annuals, Vol 2 looks like its going to be a smaller book. Perhaps theyll include the early 2000's Edwards mini - the blackest night #37 - or maybe even some of Ruckas Crime Book stuff.
    There’s also Green Arrow Annual #2, a story from Showcase “95; Azrael plus, The Question Returns, and The Question #37. All were written by O’Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Oh, I see. I just assumed the omni collected the whole run. Wasn't aware the original O'Neil run was 36 issues. Well, both will be a pleasure to finally read through.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Wonder Woman Silver Age Omni vol. 1 that Diamond says is on target for this week, is that cover legit?
    It's not going to be the "Darwyn Cooke" cover that matches the other Silver Age releases?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Wonder Woman Silver Age Omni vol. 1 that Diamond says is on target for this week, is that cover legit?
    It's not going to be the "Darwyn Cooke" cover that matches the other Silver Age releases?
    "Darwyn Cooke"

Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Speaking about the Silver omnibus volumes, has there been any word on whether Batman has a Golden age number 10 or will the Silver age start?
    Hail Hydra!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Speaking about the Silver omnibus volumes, has there been any word on whether Batman has a Golden age number 10 or will the Silver age start?
    https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781779515421

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Thank you Bob, now I have to work out how many silver age volumes it will take for a set.

I just noticed that there is a huge gap in issues between the volume 9 of the golden age and the beginning of this silver one. Does this mean that there will be a volume 10 of the golden age?
    Last edited by tv horror; 12-14-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    Hail Hydra!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Thank you Bob, now I have to work out how many silver age volumes it will take for a set.

I just noticed that there is a huge gap in issues between the volume 9 of the golden age and the beginning of this silver one. Does this mean that there will be a volume 10 of the golden age?
    It's hard to say. If this was Marvel, I'd say sure, but DC has a checkered history with stopping just short of a completed run. I think GA v10 is likely but not guaranteed