View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1443 of 1443 FirstFirst ... 44394313431393143314391440144114421443
Results 21,631 to 21,643 of 21643
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/dc-versus...s-collections/

Coming in August 2024

DC VS. MARVEL OMNIBUS

collecting: Batman/Captain America #1, Batman/Daredevil #1, Batman/Punisher: Lake of Fire #1, Batman/Spider-Man #1, Daredevil/Batman #1, DC Special Series #27, Darkseid vs. Galactus: The Hunger #1, Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances #1, Incredible Hulk vs. Superman #1, Marvel and DC Present Featuring the Uncanny X-Men and the New Teen Titans #1, Marvel Treasury Edition #28, Punisher/Batman: Deadly Knights #1, Silver Surfer/Superman #1, Spider-Man and Batman #1, Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man #1, and Superman/Fantastic Four #1.

Note: DC Special Series #27 is the Batman and Hulk crossover. Marvel Treasury Edition is the second Superman and Spider-Man crossover. JLA/Avengers is not included.

and

DC/MARVEL: THE AMALGAM AGE OMNIBUS

collecting: DC Versus Marvel #1-4, DC/Marvel: All Access #1-4, Unlimited Access #1-4, Bat-Thing #1, Bruce Wayne: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1, Bullets and Bracelets #1, Challengers of the Fantastic #1, Doctor Strangefate #1, Iron Lantern #1, Legends of the Dark Claw #1, Lobo the Duck #1, Speed Demon #1, Spider-Boy #1, Super Soldier #1, Thorion of the New Asgods #1, X-Patrol #1, and more, plus a treasure trove of behind-the-scenes material.

Note: There are 24 Amalgam one shots. Not all are listed, but probably fall under the "and more" category.

No word on crossovers involving Wildstorm, Aliens, or Predator.
    The contents for the DC/Marvel Amalgam omnibus has been updated

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...y-peter-david/

This volume collects DC vs. Marvel #1 and 4, Marvel vs. DC #2-3, Amazon #1, Assassins #1, Dr. Strangefate #1, Dark Claw #1, Super Soldier #1, Bruce Wayne: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1, Bullets and Bracelets #1, Speed Demon #1, Spider-Boy #1, X-Patrol #1, DC/Marvel All Access #1-4, Bat-Thing #1, Dark Claw Adventures #1, Generation Hex #1, JLX Unleashed #1, Lobo the Duck #1, Super Soldier: Man of War #1, Challengers of the Fantastic #1, Exciting X-Patrol #1, Iron Lantern #1, Magnetic Men Featuring Magneto #1, Spider-Boy Team-Up #1, Thorion of the New Asgods #1, and Unlimited Access #1-4.

The only issues not listed are JLX and Magneto and his Magnetic Men. Both issues were written by Gerard Jones.

DC has published tie in issues written by Jones in the Flash by Mark Waid collections and in Justice League International collections. So it is possible the issues will be included but not listed.

Also missing the world war 3 crossover.
    Wizard of oz 70s crossover books.
    The wildstorm stuff as said like gen x vs gen 13.
    Green lantern 87 with access showing up.
    Hulk 418 with an oked by dc comics hulk meets dc comics death for sandman crossover!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Also missing the world war 3 crossover.
    Wizard of oz 70s crossover books.
    The wildstorm stuff as said like gen x vs gen 13.
    Green lantern 87 with access showing up.
    Hulk 418 with an oked by dc comics hulk meets dc comics death for sandman crossover!
    There's enough material for a separate Wildstorm/Marvel crossover omnibus.
    Wizard of Oz is a licensed title and would need a 3rd party approval.
    I never read GL 87, so I don't know how big that appearance is or if it is pertinent to the Access mini series.
    I never got the impression that Hulk 418 was an officially sanctioned crossover appearance. It felt like a quick joke "brush with Death" that had a standard goth girl who just happened to look like the DC character. ROM also made an appearance as a human around that time. I think the attitude was that they would see if anyone complained about the cameo, and in the end no one complained.

It was indeed official. DC gave the ok for death to be in it but asked for her sign around her neck be cover up.

So yup it's an approved by dc death cameo!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    1. The contents of the DC vs. Marvel omnibuses were confirmed. I'm still holding out hope that JLX and Magneto and the Magnetic Men will be included. Since Gerard Jones issues were included in the Flash by Waid and JLI omnibuses, I think there is still a chance.

2. I'd be more excited about the new Elseworlds line if 90% of Elseworlds weren't Batman as a cowboy/pirate/samurai/vampire/etc. Having a standard Batman story just in a different setting doesn't hold much appeal to me.

3. The DC Finest collection line should have started 10 years ago. Glad to see it covers from the Golden Age to 2000s. I'm not interested in the first volumes announced. DC needs to add so many titles and characters to the line. When the line starts seriously putting out Post Crisis B and C titles, I'll be buying.

Incredible Member

I'm surprised Jim Lee's Divine Right has never been made into an absolute. It's a fun romp with great art. Plus he's an executive at DC, so I would've assumed even just as a vanity project it may have gotten the absolute treatment by now.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

As much as I absolutely want the DC VS. MARVEL OMNIBUS, I think I'd really rather have Green Lantern by Grant Morrison Omnibus that DC curiously isn't releasing. What is the ridiculous delay on this.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    As much as I absolutely want the DC VS. MARVEL OMNIBUS, I think I'd really rather have Green Lantern by Grant Morrison Omnibus that DC curiously isn't releasing. What is the ridiculous delay on this.
    Definitely on my short list of most wanted DC omnis.

I'm very confused about the number of semi-recent, good selling titles that seem like great omnibus candidates that are just . . . not happening. Morrison's GL, Snyder's non-Capullo Batman, King's Batman (whether you like it or not, it sold well, and he's a big name to put on an omnibus), Bendis's Superman (see previous), Rucka's (second run on) WW, etc.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Agreed with the above posts. I’ll never fully understand DC’s collections department. We’re waiting on Morrison’s The Green Lantern, but we’re getting Tomasi’s Detective run? And I say that, based on the Bat forum at the time, I probably enjoyed Tomasi’s Tec run more than most.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Weird Western Tales Jonah Hex Oversized HC is out! Huh. Unexpected.

Im not complaining at all - but super strange that DC would go back in time to release a 100 Bullets Brother Lono Deluxe Hardcover - just out of the blue.
    This completes a hardcover line that has been out of print for years - as its the same make and model as those OOP HCs.

The 100 Bullets Deluxe HCs look way better and are far more re-able than the ridiculously oversized unwieldy omnis that released a few years back.

Very glad to complete the set. 100 Bullets is easily one of the best comics of all time - not much out there has ever topped it or ever will.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Im not complaining at all - but super strange that DC would go back in time to release a 100 Bullets Brother Lono Deluxe Hardcover - just out of the blue.
    This completes a hardcover line that has been out of print for years - as its the same make and model as those OOP HCs.

The 100 Bullets Deluxe HCs look way better and are far more re-able than the ridiculously oversized unwieldy omnis that released a few years back.

Very glad to complete the set. 100 Bullets is easily one of the best comics of all time - not much out there has ever topped it or ever will.
    I'm very happy with it. Got the hardcovers.