View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

So is the Dini Batman Omni going to be available again soon, or is it already out of print?

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    So is the Dini Batman Omni going to be available again soon, or is it already out of print?
    Amazon still has them, if you're willing to take that gamble. Cheapgraphicnovels had at least one on Thursday, but I stupidly hesitated and it's gone now.
    I have to imagine it will still be popping up in places for a while.

Man that Swamp Thing N52 omni looks SEXY. Collecting Snyder AND Soules run? Very nice. Excellent companion to Lemires Animal Man omni. And Future State Swampy? Never judge a book by its cover... But man that's a great looking cover. I'm in love

The sloppiness of this cover... look at Martian Manhunter's cape.

9147y2ErhCL.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....147y2ErhCL.jpg

They massacred an iconic cover.

https://cdn.nexternal.com/dreamland/images/jla_1vf.jpg
    Last edited by Lake Nowhere; 10-16-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

GREEN ARROW: 80 YEARS OF THE EMERALD ARCHER THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    stories and art by various
    new cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    ON SALE 3/23/21
    $29.99 US | $39.99 CAN
    416 PAGES | 7.0625" x 10.875" | FC | DC
    HARDCOVER
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-914-7
    Green Arrow celebrates 80 years of adventure with this new hardcover collection of his greatest tales! These era-spanning stories include Oliver Queen’s first appearance from 1941, along with the legendary anti-drug “Snowbirds Don’t Fly” by Dennis O’Neil and Neal Adams. Plus, the opening chapter of Mike Grell’s storied “The Longbow Hunters,” a pivotal Justice League adventure starring second Green Arrow Connor Hawke, an untold tale from the hero’s TV adventures, and much more. Collects More Fun Comics #73, Adventure Comics #246 and #259, Green Lantern #85 and #86, Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters #1, Green Arrow #100-101 (1994), JLA #8-9, Green Arrow #1, #17, and #75 (2001), Green Arrow and Black Canary #4, Secret Origins #4 (2014), Arrow: Season 2.5 #1, and Green Arrow: Rebirth #1.

SWAMP THING: THE NEW 52 OMNIBUS
    written by SCOTT SNYDER, JEFF LEMIRE, CHARLES SOULE, and others
    art by YANICK PAQUETTE, JESUS SAIZ, MARCO RUDY, KANO, FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA, BECKY CLOONAN, STEVE PUGH, and others
    cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    ON SALE 3/23/21
    $125.00 US | $163.99 CAN
    1,160 PAGES | FC | DC | HARDCOVER
    7.0625" x 10.875"
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-814-0
    One of DC’s most compelling characters is reborn for a new age! Since the dawn of time, the planet’s safety has depended on maintaining a balance of three great powers: the Green, the force that unites all plant life; the Red, the force that unites all animal life; and the Rot, the force of death. Each generation, the Green selects an avatar to serve as its protector—the Swamp Thing. But Dr. Alec Holland, the Green’s newest champion, is no longer interested in the role. The Rot’s own avatar is growing stronger, and servants of decay gain more territory every day. If Alec doesn’t return to his duties soon, there might not be any Green left to protect. Collects Swamp Thing #0-40, #0, #23.1, Swamp Thing Annual #1-3, Swamp Thing: Futures End #1, Animal Man #12 and #17, and Aquaman #31.

HARLEY QUINN AND THE BIRDS OF PREY: THE HUNT FOR HARLEY OHC
    written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
    art and cover by JIMMY PALMIOTTI
    ON SALE 3/23/21
    $24.99 US | $33.99 CAN
    160 PAGES | 8.5" x 10.875" | FC | HARDCOVER
    DC BLACK LABEL | AGES 17+
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-449-4
    The creative team that transformed Harley Quinn forever returns to shake up her world once more—and this time, the gloves are off! Harley Quinn has avoided Gotham City ever since she broke up with The Joker and found a home in Coney Island. But when she gets an offer she can’t refuse, she has no choice but to slip back into the city as quietly as she can, hoping to be gone before anyone—especially her ex—learns she’s been there. But for Harley, “as quietly as she can” is plenty loud...and before she can say “Holee bounty hunters, Batman,” The Joker’s sicced every super-villain in the city on her pretty ombré head—and the only team tough enough (or crazy enough) to come to her defense is the Birds of Prey…if they can put up with her. Collects Harley Quinn & the Birds of Prey #1-4.

That N52 Swamp Thing Omnibus pisses me off.

Guess I'll have to sell the Snyder ohc.

This is getting tiring.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    That N52 Swamp Thing Omnibus pisses me off.

Guess I'll have to sell the Snyder ohc.

This is getting tiring.
    I'd have absolutely preferred a second OHC, but I'm gonna do the same thing. I loved Soule's run just as much as Snyder's and probably won't get it in HC if I don't buy this.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    The sloppiness of this cover... look at Martian Manhunter's cape.

9147y2ErhCL.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....147y2ErhCL.jpg

They massacred an iconic cover.

https://cdn.nexternal.com/dreamland/images/jla_1vf.jpg
    Wait, that can't be the final cover...?

Although I wouldn't be surprised. There've been some questionable fonts used on recent collections. It baffles me why they would use uninspired, generic clip art fonts when there are perfectly good era-appropriate logos available.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wait, that can't be the final cover...?

Although I wouldn't be surprised. There've been some questionable fonts used on recent collections. It baffles me why they would use uninspired, generic clip art fonts when there are perfectly good era-appropriate logos available.
    This is the recently updated cover on Amazon. Seems in keeping with some of their recent choices. They seem terrified to use original/ era appropriate logos and fonts. It wouldn't bother me so much if they hadn't done such an absolute hack job on Manhunter's cape and collar. It's baffling as well because we know a version exists where the original logo isn't baked into the cape image, it's on the spines of the Deluxe Editions.

Spectacular Member

I'd have absolutely preferred a second OHC, but I'm gonna do the same thing. I loved Soule's run just as much as Snyder's and probably won't get it in HC if I don't buy this.
    I have only ever read Alan Moore Swamp Thing. How does this compare to that would it be a good companion to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    I have only ever read Alan Moore Swamp Thing. How does this compare to that would it be a good companion to that?
    Its quite different. Snyders run page a lot of homage to Moore's run while adding a new ingredient into the mix. The first arc for example is Alec Holland refusing to be Swamp Thing again, while still fighting off evil forces. Beautiful art but I felt the run went on too long. It was basically just one long story arc. Enjoyable but a little drawn out. Still creepy and unsettling though.

Soules run came after and to me was a bit more lighthearted and a lot more fun. So many new elements are added, new villains and a deeper/richer look into the Green. Very solid run. Oh plus he fights Aquaman underwater and Aquaman just had manatees eat him. It's awesome.

For real, plus my ohc is signed by Paquette too. So now I'm really on the fence of selling it....

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    For real, plus my ohc is signed by Paquette too. So now I'm really on the fence of selling it....
    In that case, keep it! Find something else to sell and subsidize the new omni if you must...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009