View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    This seems right - JL 23-39, Forever Evil 1-7 - but seems a little spare. Is there anything else to toss in?

I guess a first big omni followed by a couple smaller ones is somewhat common for DC - Batman by Snyder & Capullo (if they ever solicit v2), for example, will not have an even split . . .
    It's possible JL Vol 2 overlaps somewhat with the Darkseid Omnibus, and collects up to #50 along with the Forever Evil mini. That would bring it to roughly 1000 pages, which is similar to the Vol 1 page count. Hopefully we'll see some info on Vol 2 by the time Vol 1 is released.

Thanks to JAG2045 for the DC updates!

I plan on moving into the New52 era next year - is that deluxe edition coming out worth it, or does anyone suggest any of the other New52 omnis like "Heroes", "Villians", etc.? Plan on getting that JLA, the Superman by Morrison, some Batman, whatever else I can afford.

Tweeted by Chris Conroy.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Tweeted by Chris Conroy.

That's a good looking cover although I'm not too keen on the majority of the current DC Omnibus spines - massive letters and lack of an image.

I pre-ordered this Omnibus and looking forward to it. Seeing a pic is encouraging as it assures us that it won't be cancelled.

Incredible Member

Overview & comparison video of the old and new editions of the Super Sons omnibuses

Do we got a semi up to date list on upcoming DC collected editions?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Do we got a semi up to date list on upcoming DC collected editions?
    Fall 2020 catalog (originally went up to January 2021, but many of the books in it got pushed back to later next year)

Spring 2021 catalog (up to May 2021)

Summer 2021 catalog (went online just yesterday, goes up to August 2021)

Another option is to check out Penguin Random House's website and click on the X next to "Already on Sale" in order to remove that filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    Fall 2020 catalog (originally went up to January 2021, but many of the books in it got pushed back to later next year)

Spring 2021 catalog (up to May 2021)

Summer 2021 catalog (went online just yesterday, goes up to August 2021)

Another option is to check out Penguin Random House's website and click on the X next to "Already on Sale" in order to remove that filter.
    Excellent thank you saw I had missed Justice League Bronze Age vol 3 announcement just found it on amazon so gotta see what else I missed.

Mighty Member

That's a really thin catalog. Kind of grim, to be honest - DC doesn't have much of either new material (e.g. next volumes of ongoings) or archival material, with no big headline-grabbing omnis or new runs being collected (other than the Death of Iris West, which is very nice but almost certainly a one-off and not a commitment to publish a pre-Crisis Barry run)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

One new Omnibus I didn't see before: Batwing (Nu52) Omnibus. Anyone read this material and can comment?

Is the first Injustice Omnibus going oop? Or is just low stock at some places? I saw the second volume is coming up soon, and I bought the two deluxe volumes (again, DC c'mon with these reprints/recollections) but that only covers the first 2/3 of the first omnibus with no third deluxe in sight.

Blaaahhh the only upside of all this double dipping is being a teacher and can just add some of these books to my class library. I guess.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    As long as it is not Bronze Age Batman Brave And The Bold Vol. 3, I really want to wrap that run - and I've already waited long enough ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Omar from Near Mint video covering solicits from May to Aug 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGZ...ture=emb_title

Busy few months for me!

New Teen Titans Omnibus 6
    Batman Dark Knight Detective 5
    Flash/Impulse Runs in the Family
    Flash: The Death of Iris West
    Batman: The Adventure Continues
    Batman Golden Age Omnibus 9
    Flash by Mark Waid vol 8 (Omar also points out the missing issue 163!)
    Fourth World by John Byrne Omnibus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    One new Omnibus I didn't see before: Batwing (Nu52) Omnibus. Anyone read this material and can comment?
    This is a stunning Omni to see being solicited. Making it to press and release is another thing.
    I read the first trade that I got at a show years ago for $5. Sold it in a batch on Ebay. It didn't just grab me and make me want for more.
    That said, if it shows up and gets deep discounted I could go for it I suppose.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I remember liking the second half when Luke Fox became Batwing. But didn't read the first portion with the David Zavimbe as Batwing so don't know it's full quality.

Incredible Member

Has anyone picked up the Batman: Road to No Man's Land omnibus? Is it worth upgrading from the larger TPBs? It doesnt look they they improved the pages from the Azrael issues at all

Would appreciate any feedback on it!

So... That Batman Three Jokers hardcover is standard trim. Not the euro-deluxe or whatever you want to call the rest of the Black Label hardcovers that have been released so far.

This is disappointing. I would not have bought it if I had known - also kinda shifty to change the trim size to be different than the rest of the Black Label books.