View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 189 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 891391791851861871881891901911921931992392896891189 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I've been thinking about picking up Haunted Knight - how is the Catwoman: When In Rome story arc with the rest of the series story (Long Halloween & Dark Victory)? Essential??
    Just finished reading it. When in Rome seems to take place after Long Halloween possibly during Dark Victory (she mentions Bruce attending a circus while shes in Rome which I assume is the one with the Flying Graysons). Its a great little story, lots of fun stuff between Catwoman and Riddler and digging into Selinas past.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I think there will be 5 deluxes which will come out to about $110 on Amazon vs the $90 for the omnibus.

Whereas the deluxes are glued, the omnibus is sewn/glued (but it's tight and has more gutter loss because of its size)

The deluxe vol.1 doesn't have any additional content, no intro, no scetches. Later volumes might have bonus material but I'm not counting on it. The omni has an introduction by Gerard Way and a bunch of bonus material in the back.

I'll be getting the omnibus but if you can't stand big unwieldy books, go for the deluxes.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I had the omnibus but never opened it. Once the deluxe editions were announced, I sold mine.

Actually, it's going to be four volumes, which is strange as it should be five, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the input. Getting something sewn is always a bonus, but I think an Omnibus around Sleeper's size is my limit on thickness. I guess my only concern would be lack of extra content. Is there anyone who owns deluxe volume 2 that can comment on what's included?

Also, how do you guys feel about the Watchmen Deluxe edition? Good substitute for the Absolute?
    Last edited by danmar85; 11-29-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Also, how do you guys feel about the Watchmen Deluxe edition? Good substitute for the Absolute?
    i'd say go for it if the absolute is out of your price range. i have the deluxe edition and i'm happy with it, it has a bunch of extras as well.

All-New Member

[QUOTE=drd;744108]Just finished reading it. When in Rome seems to take place after Long Halloween possibly during Dark Victory (she mentions Bruce attending a circus while shes in Rome which I assume is the one with the Flying Graysons). Its a great little story, lots of fun stuff between Catwoman and Riddler and digging into Selinas past.

Thank for posting some additional pics - I think I will take the plunge and pick it up along with Dark Victory (already have Long Halloween).

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Found New Gods Omni HCs vols 1 and 2 for 20% off cover and vol 4 for 40% off cover at an LCS over the weekend. I'm very excited - been looking for these for a while.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Until this Black Friday I only had the Death of Superman Omni.
    I've just gotten Flash by Johns vol1&2 this weekend though. Dipping my toe into the DC Omni world a bit more.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've just gotten Flash by Johns vol1&2 this weekend though. Dipping my toe into the DC Omni world a bit more.
    Those are solid choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Picked up a good amount of DC books too. Past year or so I've been buying mostly Marvel because of the previous clearance and they're books going out of print so damn fast. This sale gives all those people a good opportunity to get a taste of DC/Vertigo.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Here you go...

There's really a ton of extra's... like 40% of the book. Very cool!

That really does look beautiful and Murphy's art is awesome. However, I'm gonna stick with my TPB since the actual story left me underwhelmed. While I like the premise, I feel that the story was unnecessarily drawn out, up to the point where it really started to annoy me (I'm talking about one of the major plot points but I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read it yet). So "yay" for the art and a "meh" for the story.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Can't wait for the WW omni. Thanks for posting these.

It looks awesome..
    But it would looks even better in my library

Amazing Member

Hello, I'm trying to pick between either reading Planetary or Doom Patrol in omnibus form. Which is the better series in your opinion and how is the binding of both of them?

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to pick between either reading Planetary or Doom Patrol in omnibus form. Which is the better series in your opinion and how is the binding of both of them?
    I think qualitywise they are the same, although DP is a thicker book so I takes more time to lay it flat. The stories are just so different, I can't compare them. I love (LOVE LOVE) Morrison's stuff but I would vote for Planetary in this case.

Thanks for this. Can't wait for WW.
    I'm mulling picking up GA. I've read the Smith run a bunch of times over the years, so I will more than likely hold off. Still . . .