View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 321 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2212713113173183193203213223233243253313714218211321 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 21673
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I read the first five issues a year ago. Great stuff, I'm definitely getting the TPB
    I read the run years ago. It's fairly decent but like all comics entering a Post-Image 90s, it does the inevitable nose dive at the end.

Just got Denny O'Neil's The Question run back in hardcover form from http://comicbindingpro.com/ did a great job if you are looking for an easy way to bind single issues into a nice collected edition I really suggest reaching out through the website or on here on the board to Dick Grayson.

image (3).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    image (5).jpg

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Anyone noticed this?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/140125...irL&ref=plSrch

I love Ennis so I might give it a shot. Is the non-Hitman stuff good?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Anyone noticed this?

I've heard good things about it.
    BB

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Anyone noticed this?

The issues collected here are pretty good. Not Hitman quality, but worth picking up. I had less tolerance for Ennis and McCrea's last Demon arc, which was an homage/spoof of DC's old war comics set in Hell.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Question: Why hasn't DC Omnibus'd the Legends crossover yet? Really frustrating when you think about it.
    Y'know, you could ask the same question about Zero hour, Millennium,Final Night, Invasion, and for that matter a Crisis omnibus with all the crossovers? Shoot, I want Armageddon 2001 collected...but I might be the only one.
    trying to be nicer

Anyone noticed this?

never hears about it but it's Ennis so it's a buy

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Y'know, you could ask the same question about Zero hour, Millennium,Final Night, Invasion, and for that matter a Crisis omnibus with all the crossovers? Shoot, I want Armageddon 2001 collected...but I might be the only one.
    You are not the only one.

I'd buy omni's of most of those, if they were collected comprehensively and of good quality.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Question: Why hasn't DC Omnibus'd the Legends crossover yet? Really frustrating when you think about it.
    Speaking of Legends, I think it's at least time for a reprinting of the trade. The old one is OOP and the single issues have suddenly started selling for ridiculous amounts due to early Amanda Waller/Suicide Squad appearances.

Thanks, speculators!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Amazing Member

I'm seeing on Amazon that DC is releasing a TPB of the Morrison/Millar Swamp Thing run. I've heard good things about that, so probably gonna pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    I'm seeing on Amazon that DC is releasing a TPB of the Morrison/Millar Swamp Thing run. I've heard good things about that, so probably gonna pick it up.
    You should, it's good stuff!

Better yet, pre-order it now. The more pre-orders, the more likely they are to release another volume (which would complete the Millar run).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You should, it's good stuff!

Better yet, pre-order it now. The more pre-orders, the more likely they are to release another volume (which would complete the Millar run).
    I love Morrison and usually like Millar but the only thing I've read which was co written by them is Aztec and I've found that a very flat, uninteresting and pointless series. So I'm a bit hesitant with this ST book.

Also, would you (anybody) recommend the Snyder Swampy if I usually hate, best case scenario accept Snyder's writing?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Just got Denny O'Neil's The Question run back in hardcover form from http://comicbindingpro.com/ did a great job if you are looking for an easy way to bind single issues into a nice collected edition I really suggest reaching out through the website or on here on the board to Dick Grayson.

image (3).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    image (5).jpg
    The Suicide Squad binding makes me want to openly weep for selling a full run... twice. I would definitely consider a Sandman Mystery Theatre custom binding.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    It's really shocking & sad when you think about it. Marvel has collected its crossovers like ten times over probably, it feels like.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Received today my copy of Ronin Gallery edition. It's a monstruous book (the heaviest of my AE type collection, almost 9 kg for 328 pages). Excellent work from the Graphitti Designs team.
    Of the original artwork only 6 pages and 3 covers are missing from the entire run in this edition (they have been replaced by cleaned B&W scans).
    The quadruple wraparound final illustration is presented in its wraparound form ready to be unfolded, nice touch!
    + an introduction by Dave Gibbons but no extra (but frankly I don't care there is already so much to enjoy as it is).
    Will upload some pictures on my blog this week end.
    edit: there is indeed some extra material, 2 unreleased early-version pages and a the cover art from anything goes #2