View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 438 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3383884284344354364374384394404414424484885389381438 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 21674

Cheers all, seems like trade upgrade to trades is on the cards

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    They're on vol 11 which has collected up to 120 issues plus a short spin off and annual. They're all great. The next volume will more than likely wrap up Jenkins's run and then the five-issue arc that features the return of Garth Ennis (unless they do more spin offs and hold off on the Ennis arc.)

After that they'll again get into stories that have been collected starting with Warren Ellis. Keep in mind that even these old tpbs and the ones that follow don't collect everything because there were a lot of fill ins. Jason Aaron for example had a two issue stint as I recall. Anyway, the new HB books are one of the few tpbs that I collect.
    The next volume, How to Play With Fire, concludes Jenkins' run. I know it includes the last eight issues of Jenkins' run, drawn by Warren Pleece, plus I suspect it will include the Hellblazer/Books of Magic two issue mini co-written by Jenkins and John Ney Reiber.

The volume after that will collect Ennis' "Son of Man" and Ellis' run.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Guys, need your help. I just went to purchase Batman Vol. 7: Endgame HC (#35-40) but also noticed The Joker: Endgame HC (BATMAN #35-39, ARKHAM MANOR: ENDGAME #1, BATGIRL: ENDGAME #1, BATMAN ANNUAL #3, DETECTIVE COMICS: ENDGAME #1 and GOTHAM ACADEMY: ENDGAME #1) was also available.

I'd rather buy the Joker HC, but I noticed that issue #40 isn't included in this HC whereas it is in the regular Batman HC. Does anyone know if this is just a misprint on the Joker HC and #40 is included?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

see Dick Grayson's post below
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-11-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think that could be right. I don't think the Night of the Owls HC had all of Batman Vol 2 right? If I'm right, then you have your answer.

I am right:
    http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-The.../dp/1401237789
    http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Night-O.../dp/1401242529
    The Joker: Endgame may only have the backups from Batman #35-39. The Batman HC has the main story from 35-40, and probably the backups too. So one would primarily be the main storyline, and the other be the tie-ins.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 09-11-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    The Joker: Endgame may only have the backups from Batman #35-39. The Batman HC has the main story from 35-40, and probably the backups too. So one would primarily be the main storyline, and the other be the tie-ins.
    Ah, yes, so the 35-39 references in The Joker: Endgame HC is just gonna be the backups probably. And yes, I'd bet Vol 7 will have both the main parts & backups.

DC definitely isn't gonna duplicate Vol 7 HC in the Joker: Endgame HC. They want you to buy both if you want the whole story.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-11-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ah, yes, so the 35-39 references in The Joker: Endgame HC is just gonna be the backups probably.
    I had to edit my previous post, as SOME of the main story is in the Night of the Owls and Joker: DOTF HCs, but not all. Night of the Owls has two issues (Batman 8-9 it looks like) and DOTF has #17. If I had to guess, the Joker: Endgame HC will probably just be the backups or maybe one specific issue, but, as with all DC, there's no way to know until it's out unfortunately. To get the whole Snyder/Capullo story you undoubtedly need the Batman: Endgame HC though.

Night of the Owls has two issues (Batman 8-9 it looks like) and DOTF has #17. If I had to guess, the Joker: Endgame HC will probably just be the backups or maybe one specific issue, but, as with all DC, there's no way to know until it's out unfortunately. To get the whole Snyder/Capullo story you undoubtedly need the Batman: Endgame HC though.
    I was right then. But yea, Joker: Endgame won't have all of Vol 7 Endgame, just as Night of the Owls didn't have all of Vol 2 City of Owls.

No one might buy Vol 7 if it's all in The Joker: Endgame. That's not profit maximization.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-11-2015 at 01:47 PM.

I was right then. But yea, Joker: Endgame won't have all of Vol 7 Endgame, just as Night of the Owls didn't have all of Vol 2 City of Owls.

No one might buy Vol 7 if it's all in The Joker: Endgame. That's not profit maximization.
    You nailed it - they have to make you buy both books for everything. On one hand, it's not totally fleecing the fans: some might just want the Snyder/Capullo stuff, so it's nice that it's available on its own. And then they try to make the tie-in book somewhat readable on its own by including a couple pertinent issues. I think the best situation though, might be a strictly Snyder/Capullo book and then a "complete" one with the main story plus tie-ins, instead of a hybrid.

You nailed it - they have to make you buy both books for everything. On one hand, it's not totally fleecing the fans: some might just want the Snyder/Capullo stuff, so it's nice that it's available on its own. And then they try to make the tie-in book somewhat readable on its own by including a couple pertinent issues. I think the best situation though, might be a strictly Snyder/Capullo book and then a "complete" one with the main story plus tie-ins, instead of a hybrid.
    Yes. And the "best situation" you identify, which absolutely is the best situation, means that because DC isn't doing that (which would be easy & obvious enough to do!), fleece is definitely intended some.

Maybe, long down the road, DC might do Night of the Owls: The New Edition and include it all. Or Endgame: The New Edition.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

see Dick Grayson's post below
    Ah, I see now. Thanks! Guess I'll be buying both
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

You get all the story you need in the Batman v7 book in my opinion.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yes. And the "best situation" you identify, which absolutely is the best situation, means that because DC isn't doing that (which would be easy & obvious enough to do!), fleece is definitely intended some.

Maybe, long down the road, DC might do Night of the Owls: The New Edition and include it all. Or Endgame: The New Edition.
    To be fair, for those of us who don't really care about the tie-ins, the regular Endgame will be a heck of a lot cheaper (in retail, at least)
    Cyclops was right

Hey Everyone, I recently picked up the newest version of the Knightfall vol.1 trade. I would like to know if there are any single issues or trades of material I should read before starting this tome. Thanks!

Has there been anymore information on Johns aquaman delude edition? Im starting to think its not going to happen thinking about just picking up the hardcovers but will wait for the deluxe if I know for sure its comming.