View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 930 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 43083088092092692792892993093193293393494098010301430 ... LastLast
Results 13,936 to 13,950 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Well it was originally announced when Tom Kings series was getting all the critical praise, so its probably more to do with that.

Depending on the contracts that were signed for royalties it might also be a relatively cheap book to put out.
    Thats true. Speaking of King and Omega Men...

Seeing as its a fan favorite, and Marvel is collecting a super nice HC for Vision, I wonder why DC hasn't announced a deluxe Omega Men by King yet. Dont get me wrong, I found the story to be overhyped and overall just okay, but people love it. With King on Batman, even if people dislike that series, thats a huge deal to be running the main Batman ongoing. At 12 issues, and surely lots of script edits and artistic changes and concept art, this would make a nifty deluxe HC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Thats true. Speaking of King and Omega Men...

Seeing as its a fan favorite, and Marvel is collecting a super nice HC for Vision, I wonder why DC hasn't announced a deluxe Omega Men by King yet. Dont get me wrong, I found the. story to be overhyped and overall just okay, but people love it. With King on Batman, even if people dislike that series, thats a huge deal to be running the main Batman ongoing. At 12 issues, and surely lots of script edits and artistic changes and concept art, this would make a nifty deluxe HC.
    Considering its length, critical acclaim and Bagendas gorgeous artwork I wouldnt be suprised if it goes to Absolute before it goes to Deluxe.

I hadnt heard about the Vision OHC, I've just finished reading that series for the first time digitally as it was on sale, I will definitly pick it up again in OHC it was brilliant.

Considering its length, critical acclaim and Bagendas gorgeous artwork I wouldnt be suprised if it goes to Absolute before it goes to Deluxe.

I hadnt heard about the Vision OHC, I've just finished reading that series for the first time digitally as it was on sale, I will definitly pick it up again in OHC it was brilliant.
    I forgot about Absolute formats. Aren't those reserved for the Dark Knight Returns reprints?

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Is there a way to find what omnibus have been reprinted with the new logo(and hopefully better quality)? I have seen that geoff johns green lantern and planetary omnibus have been.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Is there a way to find what omnibus have been reprinted with the new logo(and hopefully better quality)? I have seen that geoff johns green lantern and planetary omnibus have been.
    I believe I've seen the first Wonder Woman Omnibus by Perez with the new logo somewhere..

Does any one know what material will be featured in the up coming New Teen Titans Omnibus vol.1 for September release?
    I know the omnibus was rebooted, with the first having issues 1-16 and D C presents #26 and than continuing with a second and third volume.
    But with this first book, I have read it will have issues 1-24 in places, but the second volume coming out February 2018 is listed to have
    issues #21-41 and the first 2 annuals.

I am guessing this first volume will contain
    D C Comics Presents #26
    New Teen Titans #1-20
    Tales Of The Teen Titans (mini series) #1-4
    Best of D C #18

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Does any one know what material will be featured in the up coming New Teen Titans Omnibus vol.1 for September release?
    I know the omnibus was rebooted, with the first having issues 1-16 and D C presents #26 and than continuing with a second and third volume.
    But with this first book, I have read it will have issues 1-24 in places, but the second volume coming out February 2018 is listed to have
    issues #21-41 and the first 2 annuals.

I am guessing this first volume will contain
    D C Comics Presents #26
    New Teen Titans #1-20
    Tales Of The Teen Titans (mini series) #1-4
    Best of D C #18
    Thats the same content as the first three trades, so its most likely accurate.
    Cyclops was right

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Man, all this time and still no word on an Absolute or Omnibus for Alan Moore's Swamp Thing?

It's like the most wanted big-format collection of all time, and still nothing. What are they waiting for?
    We need to start a petition

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Man, all this time and still no word on an Absolute or Omnibus for Alan Moore's Swamp Thing?

It's like the most wanted big-format collection of all time, and still nothing. What are they waiting for?
    Its coming, we've got the House of Secrets Omnibus coming which has the first appearance of Swamp Thing, and we've got the Bronze Age Swamp Thing Omnibus coming which is everthing up to the start of Alan moore. Like they did the Silver/Bronze Age Teen Titan Omnis before reprinting/fixing the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans Omni I think there just putting out all the Swamp Thing stuff chronilogically.

Its coming, we've got the House of Secrets Omnibus coming which has the first appearance of Swamp Thing, and we've got the Bronze Age Swamp Thing Omnibus coming which is everthing up to the start of Alan moore. Like they did the Silver/Bronze Age Teen Titan Omnis before reprinting/fixing the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans Omni I think there just putting out all the Swamp Thing stuff chronilogically.
    Given the yearly rounds of something like the Wonder Woman omni by Perez, I'd say it would be out next fall or so.

A bunch of amazon fishes just went up. Some highlights:

Waid Flash 4
    GL Silver Age omnibus 2
    JL Task Force(tpb)
    JLA Bronze Age omnibus 2
    Kamandi Omnibus
    Superman Exile Omnibus(anyone know where this falls? Is this post Byrne? I don't know anything about it)

Also, Since we just got JLA Year One deluxe, and JLA Midsummer's Nightmare deluxe is right around the corner, I'm betting we'll see a JLA by Morrison/Waid(depending on how they collect it) omnibus pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    A bunch of amazon fishes just went up. Some highlights:

Waid Flash 4
    GL Silver Age omnibus 2
    JL Task Force(tpb)
    JLA Bronze Age omnibus 2
    Kamandi Omnibus
    Superman Exile Omnibus(anyone know where this falls? Is this post Byrne? I don't know anything about it)

Also, Since we just got JLA Year One deluxe, and JLA Midsummer's Nightmare deluxe is right around the corner, I'm betting we'll see a JLA by Morrison/Waid(depending on how they collect it) omnibus pretty soon.

Great finds. "Exile" is indeed post-Byrne. The stories are mainly penned by Stern, Jurgens and Ordway. I have some fond memories of this. There's a lot of outer space stuff (Mongul and War World, the Eradicator), somewhat similar to Planet Hulk, imo. Will definitely get this.

As always, the solicit is to be taken with a grain of salt:

"Collects THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #445-459, SUPERMAN #23-27, ACTION COMICS #643-646 and ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #2."

No way that is 912 pages! It also leaves out issues of Superman that the old "Exile" TPB collects (#28-33).

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Great finds. "Exile" is indeed post-Byrne. The stories are mainly penned by Stern, Jurgens and Ordway. I have some fond memories of this. There's a lot of outer space stuff (Mongul and War World, the Eradicator), somewhat similar to Planet Hulk, imo. Will definitely get this.
    Wish we'd get a Byrne collection but this sounds intriguing.

Yes!!! A "Sheriff of Babylon Deluxe" as well. Glad I held off on the second tpb volume, even if it means I have to wait until early next year to finally finish reading it.

There's also a "Global Frequency Deluxe".
    Last edited by LordJulius; 07-23-2017 at 09:57 AM.