View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Anybody read the Nancy Collins Swamp Thing Run? The reviews on Amazon say it picks up where Moore left off.
    it does not. but it is sort of a soft reboot for the series. love that run.

I like Veitch and Wheeler's runs quite a bit too. some excellent ST stories and my favorite character Tefe's origin is fleshed out in both runs. lots of fun stuff like alien invasions and time travel

That Blackest Night box set is tempting.

Happy for the Super Sons reprint cause I haven't got that yet and I want all of No Man's Land in omnibus form.

Quote Originally Posted by theegreatone View Post
    That Blackest Night box set is tempting.

Happy for the Super Sons reprint cause I haven't got that yet and I want all of No Man's Land in omnibus form.
    You are actually lucky with Super sons cause if I'm not mistaken the new printing will be an expanded edition (making the first printing obsolete, which is kind of a crappy move IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    You are actually lucky with Super sons cause if I'm not mistaken the new printing will be an expanded edition (making the first printing obsolete, which is kind of a crappy move IMO).
    This.

I don't see why they couldn't just to an ohc/deluxe of the second 12 issue series.

I don't know if I should try and sell my original omnibus now or not. Probably will get pennies for it

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    This.

I don't see why they couldn't just to an ohc/deluxe of the second 12 issue series.

I don't know if I should try and sell my original omnibus now or not. Probably will get pennies for it
    I was thinking of giving my copy to my firstborn as a present if and when the expanded one gets published. I would prefer a deluxe OHC also.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Does anyone here have the Green Lantern Silver Age Omnibus? Just wondering if the book is good spine wise and if the pages are good quality. Also, did they recolor it at all? Sometimes when Marvel or DC reprint older comics it doesn't catch that silver age look.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Does anyone here have the Green Lantern Silver Age Omnibus? Just wondering if the book is good spine wise and if the pages are good quality. Also, did they recolor it at all? Sometimes when Marvel or DC reprint older comics it doesn't catch that silver age look.
    I have both volumes (2nd printing/version of V.1) and, with the caveat that I haven't read them cover to cover yet, the spines are good on my copies and the coloring looks original to me. I was pleased.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I have both volumes (2nd printing/version of V.1) and, with the caveat that I haven't read them cover to cover yet, the spines are good on my copies and the coloring looks original to me. I was pleased.
    Thanks Seeker!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

My copy of Batman: Caped Crusader Vol 4 arrived today and to confirm it contains:

Batman 455-465
    Batman Annual 15

There are no extras in this one which is a shame because they could have included this PSA which takes place following Gordon's heart attack in Batman 459

https://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploa...n-PSA-1991.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Anybody read the Nancy Collins Swamp Thing Run? The reviews on Amazon say it picks up where Moore left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    I have not read it, but there were definitely issues between the end of Moore's run and the start of Collins's run. Two, in fact: Rick Veitch and Doug Wheeler.

That said, it's possible that you could jump from Moore's to Collins's run without any issue. I wish I could tell you more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    it does not. but it is sort of a soft reboot for the series. love that run.

I like Veitch and Wheeler's runs quite a bit too. some excellent ST stories and my favorite character Tefe's origin is fleshed out in both runs. lots of fun stuff like alien invasions and time travel
    I loved this run and can’t wait to reread. I think the reviewer may have meant tonally picks up where Moore left off since its on the darker side.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    I loved this run and can’t wait to reread. I think the reviewer may have meant tonally picks up where Moore left off since its on the darker side.
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have said before, Swamp Thing has as many masterful runs as Daredevil. For some reason, when creators click with the character, they really click.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    So, is the 100 Bullets Omnibus worth a pre-order?

https://www.amazon.com/100-Bullets-O.../dp/1779507429
    It's a great series. Personally, I refuse to pre-order any omnis from Marvel or DC until I've seen a copy.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Amazing Member

I might’ve blinked and missed it as I haven’t kept up with checking on Tuesdays but did IST ever stock the Hellblazer omnibus? Has anyone mapped which fat trades this covers?