View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
632. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    63 9.97%
  • Deluxe

    249 39.40%
  • Omnibus

    263 41.61%
  • Absolute

    140 22.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1381 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 381881128113311371137713781379138013811382138313841385 LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,715 of 20771
  1. #20701
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    So, this is maybe a stupid question - but I'd appreciate any advise that's going! I was interested in buying that recent Omnibus of Morrison's Action Comics, but didn't want one with the printing error that left a bunch of dialogue out.

    This Amazon listing specifies that it's the first edition - does that mean that they're still selling stock of the item with the error? Or would it have been been withdrawn from sale, and only corrected versions stocked?

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Gr...2161420&sr=8-1

  2. #20702
    Of the O'Sullivan Clan Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    463

    Default

    I found some new upcoming listings when looking up something on the Edelweiss Spring Catalogue:

    Sandman Book One - http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779515179. Basically a paperback version of the recent deluxe hardcover.

    New Teen Titans Vol 14 TP - https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1779515499. Collects Secret Origins #13, Tales of the Teen Titans #91, The New Teen Titans #41-49, The New Teen Titans Annual #4, and Secret Origins Annual #3.

    Batman Deluxe Edition Book 6 - https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1779515707. Collects Batman #70-71, 73-85, Batman Annual #4, and Batman Secret Files #2. I know some people have been asking about that before.

    Y The Last Man Compendium Two - http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779516084. Collects the second #s 31 to 60.

  3. #20703
    Of the O'Sullivan Clan Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    So, this is maybe a stupid question - but I'd appreciate any advise that's going! I was interested in buying that recent Omnibus of Morrison's Action Comics, but didn't want one with the printing error that left a bunch of dialogue out.

    This Amazon listing specifies that it's the first edition - does that mean that they're still selling stock of the item with the error? Or would it have been been withdrawn from sale, and only corrected versions stocked?

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Gr...2161420&sr=8-1
    It should have been withdrawn, but it looks like that listing is still selling the first version, i.e. the one with the errors.

    The corrected version an ISBN of 9781779513977, and Sholly Fisch is included in the cover credits. It's this one here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Gr...2171867&sr=8-1

  4. #20704
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It should have been withdrawn, but it looks like that listing is still selling the first version, i.e. the one with the errors.

    The corrected version an ISBN of 9781779513977, and Sholly Fisch is included in the cover credits. It's this one here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Gr...2171867&sr=8-1
    And it's cheaper, too!

    For some reason, I couldn't find that listing at all - thanks a lot Brian, I really appreciate that! Ordered.

  5. #20705
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I found some new upcoming listings when looking up something on the Edelweiss Spring Catalogue:

    Sandman Book One - http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779515179. Basically a paperback version of the recent deluxe hardcover.
    This is interesting. Generally when DC goes to thick trades like this, they stop publishing the earlier thin trades. But the 10-volume Sandman set has reached a certain cultural awareness, as far as these things go. Will be curious if they publish both versions simultaneously going forward.

  6. #20706
    Of the O'Sullivan Clan Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    This is interesting. Generally when DC goes to thick trades like this, they stop publishing the earlier thin trades. But the 10-volume Sandman set has reached a certain cultural awareness, as far as these things go. Will be curious if they publish both versions simultaneously going forward.
    It's possible they will. I've noticed that with both Sweet Tooth and Y The Last Man, DC has printed new editions of the thick trades even though the Compendiums are available. In the case of Sweet Tooth, the Compendium was released shortly before the new editions.

    It's not exactly the same as regular trades staying in print alongside thicker trades, but it does show that DC will choose to keep material in print in multiple paperback formats in some cases, eg when a property is being adapted for TV. Plus, it's Sandman, so if any series was able to sustain multiple formats, it's this one.

  7. #20707
    TPB/HC Enthusiast JJ87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Batman Deluxe Edition Book 6 - https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1779515707. Collects Batman #70-71, 73-85, Batman Annual #4, and Batman Secret Files #2. I know some people have been asking about that before.
    Happy we'll get the whole Tom King Batman run in deluxe!

  8. #20708
    Fantastic Member doolittle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    That price is truly jaw-dropping.

    8 floppies for $125?

    SMH.

    I honestly have interest in both(wanting to catch up on some DC events that I skipped the first time around). This price will just make sure I continue to skip these. Same price as an omnibus?
    I guess we have to cross our fingers for an Omni. This Absolute doesn't even have any of the tie-ins!

  9. #20709
    Mighty Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I found some new upcoming listings when looking up something on the Edelweiss Spring Catalogue:

    Sandman Book One - http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779515179. Basically a paperback version of the recent deluxe hardcover.

    New Teen Titans Vol 14 TP - https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1779515499. Collects Secret Origins #13, Tales of the Teen Titans #91, The New Teen Titans #41-49, The New Teen Titans Annual #4, and Secret Origins Annual #3.

    Batman Deluxe Edition Book 6 - https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1779515707. Collects Batman #70-71, 73-85, Batman Annual #4, and Batman Secret Files #2. I know some people have been asking about that before.

    Y The Last Man Compendium Two - http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779516084. Collects the second #s 31 to 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Happy we'll get the whole Tom King Batman run in deluxe!
    Why is 72 skipped here? Assuming it's not a King written issue?

    Then we'd just need his Bat/Cat in deluxe when that's all done.

  10. #20710
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Happy we'll get the whole Tom King Batman run in deluxe!
    I just wish they collected the tie in issues of Monster Men and The Button, other than that these are perfect

  11. #20711
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Why is 72 skipped here? Assuming it's not a King written issue?

    Then we'd just need his Bat/Cat in deluxe when that's all done.
    It must be a typo because it is written by him and it's a pretty important issue

  12. #20712
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    It seems like the Absolute Sandman books are OoP. But how can that be? Aren't there like 4 new editions being pumped out, a Netflix series and a new Audible continuation for it going on? I need my Absolute Vol 4. �� I don't know what happens... ��

  13. #20713
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    It seems like the Absolute Sandman books are OoP. But how can that be? Aren't there like 4 new editions being pumped out, a Netflix series and a new Audible continuation for it going on? I need my Absolute Vol 4. �� I don't know what happens... ��
    I think they'd just rather you buy the other editions.

    Also, it's not OoP, you can get it right here...

    https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Sand.../dp/1401210856

  14. #20714
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    It said OoP when I saw it! Maybe it was some kind of error (likely on my part). And I love the Absolute Editions!

  15. #20715
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Batman Deluxe Edition Book 6 - https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1779515707. Collects Batman #70-71, 73-85, Batman Annual #4, and Batman Secret Files #2. I know some people have been asking about that before.
    Finally!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •