View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 598 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 984985485885945955965975985996006016026086486981098 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 21672
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Started reading No man's land ages ago but didn't really enjoy it. I liked most of the issues focused on Batman but couldn't care less about the villain issues. The one where Scarecrow was doing something in a church was where I gave up. I just hate the Batman villains.
    Read the Knightfall trade and half of it was good the other half was a real slog. (especially the villain centric ones, what a surprise).
    Was really excited about the new Murderer? trade but the fact that it featured parts of storylines and out of order made the story really disjointed and lost steam halfway through. The premise was really good but after the prison stuff it went downhill for me.

Now, War games on the other hand I have good memories about. That was my first Bat event when I started to dip my toes into the DCU and I really enjoyed it. I wonder if it would hold up now that I've read MUCH more comics than at that point.
    y u hate batman villains !?!?!? lol even the joker ? he's arguably the best villain ever in superhero comics. War Games was my first event too well, kind of... i read some other Batman stuff before War Games but that was what was going on as the current event when i started to read Batman. And I liked it too... i like dark twisted stuff lol so all the torture, death and gang war was really for me. I had no attachment to the character that was tortured so this might have been why i didn't have any issues with The War Games.
    Last edited by Batarang; 04-08-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'd love to just get a few volumes of Omnis that contain Knightfall/Knightsend/Knightsquest/Prodigal
    From Prelude to Knightfall to Troika/Veng of Bane II..I custom bound it at all into 3 volumes, so DC can do the same. The great fear is that they'll continue to leave out stuff like Prelude to KF, The Search, Robin 0 (the real first issue of Prodigal), Troika, etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    y u hate batman villains !?!?!? lol even the joker ? he's arguably the best villain ever in superhero comics. War Games was my first event too well, kind of... i read some other Batman stuff before War Games but that was what was going on as the current event when i started to read Batman. And I liked it too... i like dark twisted stuff lol so all the torture, death and gang war was really for me. I had no attachment to the character that was tortured so this might have been why i didn't have any issues with The War Games.
    mostly the Joker, can't stand him, only the DCAU version. Hate him with a burning passion.
    I mean Heath Ledger was good and he worked in that movie but that version is so over exposed and burnt into pop culture that I can't really judge it by it's own standards, and also that wasn't really your typical comic book Joker but I actually prefer Bane from the Nolan verse, much more entertaining even though TDK is the better movie (actually, I quite like Bane, he is not a psychotic idiot like most of them, but my favourite Bane is not from Bat books but from Secret Six).

BANNED

mostly the Joker, can't stand him, only the DCAU version. Hate him with a burning passion.
    I mean Heath Ledger was good and he worked in that movie but that version is so over exposed and burnt into pop culture that I can't really judge it by it's own standards, and also that wasn't really your typical comic book Joker but I actually prefer Bane from the Nolan verse, much more entertaining even though TDK is the better movie (actually, I quite like Bane, he is not a psychotic idiot like most of them, but my favourite Bane is not from Bat books but from Secret Six).
    DCAU Joker is the best Joker with the killing joke joker if you ask me... a close sacond is Heath Ledger even if he is diffrent. You don't even like the killing joke ? most dark and twisted Batman story ever, a personal favorite. Joker made Gordon molest by dwarfs was my favorite, that was so joker. So twisted yet funny cause dwarfs did it... lol just genius. Dark Knight Rises Bane was cool but Dark Knight Rises kind of a weak movie overall... aspeacily compared to The Dark Knight. I read some of The Secret Six and They were just making fun of Bane all the time as far as i can remember... lol They are mostly psychotic, the batman villains... but they are no idiot except Zsasz. The rest (not the obsecure ones) are quite genius.

DCAU Joker is the best Joker with the killing joke joker if you ask me... a close sacond is Heath Ledger even if he is diffrent. You don't even like the killing joke ? most dark and twisted Batman story ever, a personal favorite. Joker made Gordon molest by dwarfs was my favorite, that was so joker. So twisted yet funny cause dwarfs did it... lol just genius. Dark Knight Rises Bane was cool but Dark Knight Rises kind of a weak movie overall... aspeacily compared to The Dark Knight. I read some of The Secret Six and They were just making fun of Bane all the time as far as i can remember... lol They are mostly psychotic, the batman villains... but they are no idiot except Zsasz. The rest (not the obsecure ones) are quite genius.
    Killing joke was the first comic I can remember reading (can't remember if I could read at all, I think I was 4 when it came out in Hungary so probably not) but haven't read it in ages, but I like it, as most of Alan Moore's works. There are always exceptions. Except with Firestorm, I haven't read anything yet where I didn't dislike Firestorm.
    Rewatched Man of Steel (which I don't hate but don't like either) then BvS then watched TDKR again and found myself quite liking it this time after the other 2. Still has some major flaws but I raged about them so much I just ignore them and concentrate on the good parts.

BANNED

Killing joke was the first comic I can remember reading (can't remember if I could read at all, I think I was 4 when it came out in Hungary so probably not) but haven't read it in ages, but I like it, as most of Alan Moore's works. There are always exceptions. Except with Firestorm, I haven't read anything yet where I didn't dislike Firestorm.
    Rewatched Man of Steel (which I don't hate but don't like either) then BvS then watched TDKR again and found myself quite liking it this time after the other 2. Still has some major flaws but I raged about them so much I just ignore them and concentrate on the good parts.
    You read killing Joke when you were 4... wow...this is amazing. Did it make you enjoy more darker stuff in anyway ? My first encounter to Batman was Batman 89 movie when i was 7, i was so amazed with it... The Batman in the darkness, in the shadows etc. To like dark stuff was always in my blood i guess lol May be I should give another chance to TDKR... i don't know...I think they tried so hard to show the city is helpless without the cops part, i guess they felt gultiy for showing all corrupt cops in the first movie or something, they tried so hard to make up for it...i didn't quite dig that. And Catwoman, they didn't show enough of her. I think Ann Hathaway was amazing... and she and bale had great chamistry. But there wasn't enough catwoman in the movie unfortunatly... Talia Al Ghoul's dead was terrible... probably the worst death ever so forced... and some other problems...
    Last edited by Batarang; 04-08-2016 at 12:53 PM.

You read killing Joke when you were 4... wow...this is amazing. Did it make you enjoy more darker stuff in anyway ? My first encounter to Batman was Batman 89 movie when i was 7, i was so amazed with it... The Batman in the darkness, in the shadows etc. To like dark stuff was always in my blood i guess lol May be I should give another chance to TDKR... i don't know...I think they tried so hard to show the city is helpless without the cops part, i guess they felt gultiy for showing all corrupt cops in the first movie or something, they tried so hard to make up for it...i didn't quite dig that. And Catwoman, they didn't show enough of her. I think Ann Hathaway was amazing... and she and bale had great chamistry. But there wasn't enough catwoman in the movie unfortunatly... Talia Al Ghoul's dead was terrible... probably the worst death ever so forced... and some other problems...
    I wasn't really into darker stuff and found Killing joke quite disturbing back then
    I'm more into the heroes and saving people aspect but I don't mind horror and grimm and gritty things if they are well made. Fer example: Aliens is one of my favourite movies of all time even though it brutally massacres your hero stereotypes.

BANNED

I wasn't really into darker stuff and found Killing joke quite disturbing back then
    I'm more into the heroes and saving people aspect but I don't mind horror and grimm and gritty things if they are well made. Fer example: Aliens is one of my favourite movies of all time even though it brutally massacres your hero stereotypes.
    Well, it must be disturbing for a 4 year old lol I love Alien, all 4 movies, just amazing. Can't wait for the covenant. And I love Predator but the two doesn't mix well unfortunatly... i hate avp movies.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

A couple of questions:

Is Batman the Return (not the Return of Bruce Wayne mini, I'm referring to the one-shot) collected anywhere?

Are the Seven Soldiers of Victory HCs oversized?

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    A couple of questions:

Is Batman the Return (not the Return of Bruce Wayne mini, I'm referring to the one-shot) collected anywhere?

Are the Seven Soldiers of Victory HCs oversized?
    Batman: The Return is collected at the very end of the Absolute Batman & Robin: Batman Reborn or in the smaller paperbacks/HCs of that series.
    Unfortunately, the SSoV HCs are not oversized, and they have the thinnest paper of any DC collection that I own.

Incredible Member

Does DC ever reprint their Absolute Editions? Or are these considered a collector's item? Do they reprint their Omnibii?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Does DC ever reprint their Absolute Editions? Or are these considered a collector's item? Do they reprint their Omnibii?
    I'm like 70 percent sure All-Star Superman just got reprinted.
    Cyclops was right

They have reprinted some Absolutes. Planetary was one and I suspect watchmen is kept in print continuously. If I'm not mistaken though I believe the Planetary reissues cost more than the original ones but at the time I didn't complain since they were super expensive online.

I'm not sure about the policy on omnibus collection but, again, I think Planetery is another on in continuous print. They also reissued the Death of Superman and if I'm not mistaken the newer version has more issues and is a better overall build.

Incredible Member

They reprint many Absolutes and Omnibuses, but not all of them. DC is pretty good about reprinting most stuff. They just reprinted the Golden Age Superman Omnibus and an Absolute Hush reprint is coming. It seems like if they put out a new premium edition they don't reprint the different premium editions. So you're not going to find those Planetary Absolutes easily, but the Omnibus is still available.

Incredible Member

Any guesses on why the Doom Patrol omnibus appears to be the same size as The Invisibles omnibus?
    Just ordered Doom Patrol, and while I love the story, I'm a little worried about the build/size.