View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Simone's more traditional I guess you could say, in that there were no drastic revamps/retcons. They're two very different things, but I love them both.

I say keep your pre-order; if you hate it you can always sell it for full price once DC lets it go out of print. And these days, that'll be sooner than later.
    You’ve persuaded me

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Where does Justice League Quarterly fall on the JLI saga?
    Kind of all over the place...?

The new trade that is out today collects the first 4 issues, of which introduced Booster's side project (The Conglomerate) and can be read independently of the main JLI/A book. Once Giffen & DeMatteis stopped writing JLQ, the stories were by an array of writers. Reading JLA/JLE might give added context to some of the stories, but most of them are self-contained.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Now that Death Metal has been officially announced, is there any hope we'll get a proper Dark Nights: Metal Omnibus towards the end of the year to capitalize on what will probably be a pretty successful event book? I assume we'll get a Snyder/Capullo Batman v2 somewhere in that timeframe, too, but I think both would be good ideas
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:34 PM.

So DC solicited 5 years later legion omnibus along with JL Silver Age vol 1 reprint odds of these being cancelled? Also Absolute Swamp Thing already getting a reprint.

Astonishing Member

The contents for JLI omnibus volume 2 have been revealed in the May solicits. It collects Justice League America #31-50, Justice League Europe #7-25, Justice League America Annual #4, Justice League Europe Annual #1, Justice League Quarterly #1, and Justice League International Special #1.

1. DC is including the Justice League Quarterly first issue.
    2. It does collect the JLE issues that Gerard Jones scripted.
    3. The JLI Special is more of a Mr. Miracle spotlight issue by Len Wein that ties into the MM series. It does explain how MM leaves the team and why his replacement acts oddly in the JLA title.
    4. A third volume should wrap up the Giffen et al JLI run.

On mapping the third volume, there are 10 issues and 1 annual of JLA, 11 issues and 1 annual of JLE left in the original run. Collecting only this would make volume 3 a much smaller collection. There are several related issues that could also be included in volume 3.
    1. Justice League International Special 2: This is a special that wraps up the Huntress solo series and guest stars the JLI. It is not directly tied into the regular titles like the first Special did.
    2. Further issues of Justice League Quarterly: Issues 2-4 are by Giffen/DeMatties and will probably be included. Issues 5 and 6 came out during the JLI era and might be included. Issues 7-17 are after the main run and will probably not be included.
    3. A Giffen/Maguire JLI story in JLA 80 Page Giant, plus the 2 Formerly Known As The Justice League stories (12 issues). Including the FKATJL would make the third volume close to size of vol 1 and 2.
    4. John Ostrander wrote some issues set in the JLI era that can fit right into a JLI collection, including Martian Manhunter #24 and JLA Incarnations #6. Very unlikely these would be included. I just like these stories and recommend them to any JLI fan.

Yeah I would not trust anything listed in the solicit you have to wait till someone gets hands on the book remember how the first one was solicited and was not accurate it would be foolish to trust this one

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1-6, JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #7-25, JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #26-46, JUSTICE LEAGUE EUROPE #1-21, SUICIDE SQUAD #13, JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL ANNUAL #1-3, JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA ANNUAL #4, JUSTICE LEAGUE EUROPE ANNUAL #1 and more!
    Last edited by Judge Dredd; 02-14-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yeah I would not trust anything listed in the solicit you have to wait till someone gets hands on the book remember how the first one was solicited and was not accurate it would be foolish to trust this one

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1-6, JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #7-25, JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #26-46, JUSTICE LEAGUE EUROPE #1-21, SUICIDE SQUAD #13, JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL ANNUAL #1-3, JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA ANNUAL #4, JUSTICE LEAGUE EUROPE ANNUAL #1 and more!
    Every DC collection solicitation should come with a caveat:
    1. Contents may not be accurate
    2. Further volumes may take years to come out
    3. Could just be cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Sad but true

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    4. Dust jacket design may change anytime

Mighty Member

Is there anything one should read before 5YL in LoSH, or is it really a "jump in and figure it out" kind of story? Presume I'm broadly familiar w/the concept of the LoSH, but not any particular story
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 02-14-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Is there anything one should read before 5YL in LoSH, or is it really a "jump in and figure it out" kind of story? Presume I'm broadly familiar w/the concept of the LoSH, but not any particular story
    I would recommend being familiar with the history and civilian names of the LoSH. The run does not use code names assumes you know the history of the Legion. At the very least, bookmark the wiki page for Legion of Superheroes.

Mighty Member

Thanks. I've read a few Legion stories in varying continuities (Johns' L3W/Lightning Saga, Waid's Brave acces Bold appearances, Great Darkness, probably others), so I'll be okay on codenames. I imagine I can pick up the rest. Just wanted to make sure there's not a "Prelude to 5YL" style story that is required reading
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    4. "Visual interpretation" may change anytime
    Fixed that for you.

Yeah, I'm still angry at the sheer stupidity of it, and the use of even stupider corporate speech.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Thanks. I've read a few Legion stories in varying continuities (Johns' L3W/Lightning Saga, Waid's Brave acces Bold appearances, Great Darkness, probably others), so I'll be okay on codenames. I imagine I can pick up the rest. Just wanted to make sure there's not a "Prelude to 5YL" style story that is required reading
    I have not read the comics for many years [though I do still have them]. However, from what I dimly recall, it was not always easy to identify who was who in Legion continuity, even for aficionados. In part I think this may have been because the art style was very different.