View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 751 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2516517017417477487497507517527537547557618018511251 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,265 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I completely agree on Judd Winick. He was the best writer at DC and the only one that's left comics that I really miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Ugh.

I haven't read his Green Lantern, but his Green Arrow was...for the lack of a better term, horrendous.
    Kyle was a decent GL - despite his stupid mask - prior to Winick. But Winick - with his imagination and creativity - made him great.

And then came his GA run. Now, I suspect history will be kinder to it and I didn't find it as bad as some, but he followed it up with GA and Black Canary which was downright fucking horrible. Especially what he did to Connor.

That said I'd recommend that whole GL run that began in the 1990s. I think it ran for about 180 issues and also had some great stories by Gerard Jones and Ron Marz.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Why is that strange? Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is the most wanted Omnibus ever, no?
    (but they can omnify the Rick Veitch, Doug Wheeler, Nancy A. Collins, Mark Millar and Brian K. Vaughan volumes also for all I care)

So, no JLI, no Grant reprints but ... crap ? Anyway, it's the "sequel" to darkseid war, right?
    I guess I mean for the Wien era. I already have the trades for Moore's run, so I really don't care for an Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Kyle was a decent GL - despite his stupid mask - prior to Winick. But Winick - with his imagination and creativity - made him great.

And then came his GA run. Now, I suspect history will be kinder to it and I didn't find it as bad as some, but he followed it up with GA and Black Canary which was downright fucking horrible. Especially what he did to Connor.

That said I'd recommend that whole GL run that began in the 1990s. I think it ran for about 180 issues and also had some great stories by Gerard Jones and Ron Marz.
    I've read a few issues of the Marz run, and I've always wanted to read the entire volume up until Rebirth/Johns, and I'm completely open to reading Winick's GL run

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

So-- do we have any confirmation that the DC Rebirth Omnibus contains the actual 80-page Rebirth Special? If not, I don't think I'll be picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I've read a few issues of the Marz run, and I've always wanted to read the entire volume up until Rebirth/Johns, and I'm completely open to reading Winick's GL run
    I really enjoyed the whole run too. The stories are always interesting and fun but you get to see Kyle become a genuine all time great Lantern as the run progresses which is really cool. Never feels like it's being held back to maintain a status quo.

I also liked Winick's Green Arrow. Especially the last two arcs after the one year jump DC did.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I really enjoyed the whole run too. The stories are always interesting and fun but you get to see Kyle become a genuine all time great Lantern as the run progresses which is really cool. Never feels like it's being held back to maintain a status quo.

I also liked Winick's Green Arrow. Especially the last two arcs after the one year jump DC did.
    I thought I was alone in liking Winick's Green Lantern run. The reason I love Kyle so much was his run. Wonder what Winick is doing these days.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    So-- do we have any confirmation that the DC Rebirth Omnibus contains the actual 80-page Rebirth Special? If not, I don't think I'll be picking it up.
    I doubt it has it since they just released the rebirth special in HC last week.

Is anyone picking up that HC? I want to read the story and own it but I have a hard time paying 10 bucks for a 1 issue HC even if the issue is oversized. And I bet the HC isn't even ohc.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I doubt it has it since they just released the rebirth special in HC last week.

Is anyone picking up that HC? I want to read the story and own it but I have a hard time paying 10 bucks for a 1 issue HC even if the issue is oversized. And I bet the HC isn't even ohc.
    It's a deluxe hc so it should be oversized.

Incredible Member

The Rebirth Hardcover is definitly oversized, I've seen it with me own two eyes.

Some how I missed deluxe in the solicitation, but that's good to hear. That makes me feel a bit better about the price.

Winick's Exiles also was pretty good but that was a Marvel title.

Yes, the Rebirth one-shot is oversized and no it isn't in the omnibus.

Yes, it is not worth wasting money on that garbage book.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Winick's Exiles also was pretty good but that was a Marvel title.

Yes, the Rebirth one-shot is oversized and no it isn't in the omnibus.

Yes, it is not worth wasting money on that garbage book.
    What logic possesses come one to make them decide not to collect the first part of the story with the rest. A lot of the specials continue from Rebirth. You need it to understand a lot of what happens. It makes no sense.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    What logic possesses come one to make them decide not to collect the first part of the story with the rest. A lot of the specials continue from Rebirth. You need it to understand a lot of what happens. It makes no sense.
    Maybe they want you to buy the Rebirth Deluxe and the Rebirth Omnibus and stand them up on the shelf next to each other? They are the same height......

Personally, I won't be buying them (I have the Rebirth one shot floppy anyway).

So help me understand the Rebirth Omni and Rebirth Deluxe?
    Are they just the #1's of all the new series?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    So help me understand the Rebirth Omni and Rebirth Deluxe?
    Are they just the #1's of all the new series?
    Rebirth Deluxe is the 80-page Rebirth one-shot along with a few bonus pages. The Rebirth omni is all of the Rebirth #1 one-shots (these came before each series' proper #1s), supposedly along with the 80-page Rebirth one-shot.