View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
610. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    59 9.67%
  • Deluxe

    245 40.16%
  • Omnibus

    249 40.82%
  • Absolute

    137 22.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1313 of 1325 FirstFirst ... 3138131213126313031309131013111312131313141315131613171323 ... LastLast
Results 19,681 to 19,695 of 19863
  1. #19681
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Batman by Dini back in stock away CGN
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  2. #19682
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    640

    Default

    My copy of "Batman: Knight Out" arrived today and I can confirm it contains Detective Comics 703-718 (the original solicit skipped 716)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #19683
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Who else is nervously considering the Morrison JLA omnibus? At over 1500 pages, this thing is going to be a disgusting mass of paper, but I'm still tempted.

  4. #19684
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    My copy of "Batman: Knight Out" arrived today and I can confirm it contains Detective Comics 703-718 (the original solicit skipped 716)
    Is it standard size? If so then I don't see what the point in not having it be a deluxe was. This would have sat perfectly in between the Road to No Man's Land Omnibus and a potential Contagion / Legacy omnibus.

  5. #19685
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Who else is nervously considering the Morrison JLA omnibus? At over 1500 pages, this thing is going to be a disgusting mass of paper, but I'm still tempted.
    I am. Glossy Pulp fun I say!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  6. #19686
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    Is it standard size? If so then I don't see what the point in not having it be a deluxe was. This would have sat perfectly in between the Road to No Man's Land Omnibus and a potential Contagion / Legacy omnibus.
    No its not a deluxe but it is slightly larger & wider than the TPBs (its the same size as the Batman & the Outsiders vol 1 HC)

    The dimensions according to amazon are:
    Legacy vol 2 17.02 x 1.52 x 25.91 cm
    Knight Out: 17.7 x 2.44 x 26.64 cm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JAG2045; 10-06-2020 at 12:40 PM.

  7. #19687
    of House Bolton Ramsay Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I am. Glossy Pulp fun I say!!
    Same......I look forward to that colossal omnibus being in my collection. I shall hold it in my hands with reverence and pride!

  8. #19688
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    640

    Default

    From Shagamu over on the MMW board:

    A whole bunch of books listed in the Spring 2021 catalog got pushed back to late 2021 or early 2022:

    - Batman in Brave & the Bold: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 3 (September 2021)
    - Batman in the Fifties (September 2021)
    - Starman Compendium One (September 2021)
    - Birds of Prey: Fighters by Trade (September 2021)
    - Batwoman Omnibus (October 2021)
    - The Power of Shazam! Book 2: The Worm Turns (December 2021)
    - Adam Strange: Between Two Worlds Deluxe Edition (December 2021)
    - Gen 13: Starting Over The Deluxe Edition (January 2022)
    - Legends of the DC Universe: Carmine Infantino Vol. 1 (February 2022)
    - Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 7 (March 2022)
    - Green Arrow: Connor Hawke Where Angels Fear to Tread (April 2022)
    - Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5 (April 2022)
    - DC's Greatest Science Fiction Stories Ever Told (April 2022)

    Also, the Nightwing: Supercop TPB that was going to collect the beginning of Grayson's run is sadly cancelled, and so is Fourth World: A Celebration of 50 Years.


    It really sucks they cancelled Nightwing: Supercop - we almost had the entire original run of Nightwing in TPB

  9. #19689
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I believe Vilynne meant is it ok to skip everything between Morrison and Delano, and pick up as Delano's run starts

    If I could add my 2 cents, I would say Morrison's run is my favourite AM. I found Delano's run extremely out there, very trippy but not in an enjoyable way. As a completionist, I read through all the runs. IIRC, I wasn't too keen on Milligan's (short) run.
    Yes that is what I meant! Thank you. I always feel like subsequent runs are akin to Swamp Things runs, where they may have a decent arc here and there, with stellar ideas and concepts, but overall poor execution and pale in comparison to the richness that was.

  10. #19690
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    4,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I believe Vilynne meant is it ok to skip everything between Morrison and Delano, and pick up as Delano's run starts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Yes that is what I meant! Thank you. I always feel like subsequent runs are akin to Swamp Things runs, where they may have a decent arc here and there, with stellar ideas and concepts, but overall poor execution and pale in comparison to the richness that was.
    Ooh, my mistake!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  11. #19691
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    4,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    From Shagamu over on the MMW board:

    A whole bunch of books listed in the Spring 2021 catalog got pushed back to late 2021 or early 2022:

    - Batman in Brave & the Bold: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 3 (September 2021)
    - Batman in the Fifties (September 2021)
    - Starman Compendium One (September 2021)
    - Birds of Prey: Fighters by Trade (September 2021)
    - Batwoman Omnibus (October 2021)
    - The Power of Shazam! Book 2: The Worm Turns (December 2021)
    - Adam Strange: Between Two Worlds Deluxe Edition (December 2021)
    - Gen 13: Starting Over The Deluxe Edition (January 2022)
    - Legends of the DC Universe: Carmine Infantino Vol. 1 (February 2022)
    - Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 7 (March 2022)
    - Green Arrow: Connor Hawke Where Angels Fear to Tread (April 2022)
    - Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5 (April 2022)
    - DC's Greatest Science Fiction Stories Ever Told (April 2022)

    Also, the Nightwing: Supercop TPB that was going to collect the beginning of Grayson's run is sadly cancelled, and so is Fourth World: A Celebration of 50 Years.


    It really sucks they cancelled Nightwing: Supercop - we almost had the entire original run of Nightwing in TPB
    Whaaat...? 2022?! That makes me hesitant to pre-order. I feel like the farther they push a product out, the more likely it is to be canceled altogether.

    And yeah, Grayson's Nightwing was hit and miss, but it would've been awesome to have the full series in trade.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  12. #19692
    Fantastic Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Finally got my Batman by Paul Dini omni, excited to read this as it's all new to me.

    Also, did that Batgirl by Gail Simone omni get cancelled? I didn't preorder it but planned to snag it on release, appears to have disappeared from ToW's release list though.

  13. #19693
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Screenshot from 2020-10-07 09-59-27.jpg

    Sneak peak of Absolute Swamp Thing Volume 2. From Patrick Guaschino of the Facebook Omnibus Collector's page.

  14. #19694
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Screenshot from 2020-10-07 09-59-27.jpg

    Sneak peak of Absolute Swamp Thing Volume 2. From Patrick Guaschino of the Facebook Omnibus Collector's page.
    Those colors are spectacular. I never did get my Absolute vol. 1. anyone have it and gave up their old trades for it?

  15. #19695
    Of the O'Sullivan Clan Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Those colors are spectacular. I never did get my Absolute vol. 1. anyone have it and gave up their old trades for it?
    If it helps, Vol 1 is being reprinted and is out the same day as Vol 2.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •