View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1378 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 37887812781328136813741375137613771378137913801381138213881428 ... LastLast
Results 20,656 to 20,670 of 21671

I stand corrected: I just checked my shelf and Hellblazer 21-25 has the 'DC Vertigo' logo rather than just 'Vertigo' - its so minor though that you can barely see it and Im cool with them at least keeping the Vertigo logo long after Black Label was around. Vol 1-20 have the old school Vertigo only logo - I bought all those the day they came out.

Hellblazer Vol 25 just came out in the last couple of weeks and it still has the DC Vertigo on there - and all the solicit pictures im seeing of the final Volume 26 have DC Vertigo as well - those can change though of course.
    Last edited by Destro777; 08-30-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I think the images I saw with the Black Label trade dress were in the Eidelweiss catalog, so it's possible they were placeholders. I hope so, but it would very on brand for DC to switch it up on the last of twenty-six freakin' volumes! :-/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    ALL STAR SUPERMAN: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Art and cover by FRANK QUITELY
    $34.99 US | 328 PGS | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-344-1
    ON SALE 1/25/22
    An emotionally and visually stunning graphic novel hearkening back to the Golden Age of comics, All-Star Superman creates a new but familiar take on the world’s first superhero. Collects the now-classic 12-issue miniseries at oversize trim with behind-the-scenes extras.

Am I the only person who thinks that the new cover for All Star Superman is conspicuously inappropriate?

Supergirl upstaging Superman on the cover of All Star Superman... in the comic that was kind of a roll eyes moment... not exactly what I would choose to put on the cover. The fact that they went with that image seems to be more of a political statement from DC than it is about All Star Superman... she was only in the comic for a few pages at most...

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I like it. I didn’t think there was a statement being made, and if there is, SuperLois is still a cool visual.

Incredible Member

It's a bizarre choice for the cover, but I don't think there's anything insidious about it. Ideally they'd have commissioned Quietly for something new or just used the iconic cover of issue #1, maybe something with the splash of Supes in front of the sun from #1 etc.

It's not the obvious choice (the covers to #1, #10 or the Absolute would be the usual suspects), but I don't see anything political in it and I definitely don't think it's inappropriate.

Assuming this is the basis of the final cover, I'd guess DC's intention to get the attention of casual readers when the book is up on shelves. That might also explain why it's the more reasonable $35 instead of the $50 that's become more common for DC's 12 issue deluxes.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks that the new cover for All Star Superman is conspicuously inappropriate?

Supergirl upstaging Superman on the cover of All Star Superman... in the comic that was kind of a roll eyes moment... not exactly what I would choose to put on the cover. The fact that they went with that image seems to be more of a political statement from DC than it is about All Star Superman... she was only in the comic for a few pages at most...
    Fairly certain that's a placeholder cover. They've been using that image since the book was announced. That being said, DC's collections dept. is such a mess that it wouldn't shock me if it ends up being something equally as random and unthoughtful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It's not the obvious choice (the covers to #1, #10 or the Absolute would be the usual suspects), but I don't see anything political in it and I definitely don't think it's inappropriate.
    Ah, but what you didn’t know is that Lois’s “S” is the Kryptonian symbol for “Ask Me About My Feminist Agenda.” So.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Ah, but what you didn’t know is that Lois’s “S” is the Kryptonian symbol for “Ask Me About My Feminist Agenda.” So.
    This just won't stand! Why can't we keep politics out of Superman comics and go back to the good old apolitical days of truth, justice, and the American way.

Incredible Member

Overview video of the Starman Compendium One

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    This just won't stand! Why can't we keep politics out of Superman comics and go back to the good old apolitical days of truth, justice, and the American way.
    I know, if only we could go back to the good old apolitical days where he was knocking down slums to force the government to build better housing, and threatening to kill business owners if they didn’t provide better, safer working conditions.

So I just realized that the Injustice omnibus volume 2 only collects the remaining issues of Injustice...and there is an entire second and different series called Injustice 2.

Would the Injustice 2 series fit into one omnibus volume? Or would it need two like the first series? (Hopefully this hypothetical omnibus would also include the He-Man/MotU and Injustice crossover as well)

Incredible Member

Overview video of Batman: Brave & The Bold Omnibus 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptQaq0XUQ-w

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    So I just realized that the Injustice omnibus volume 2 only collects the remaining issues of Injustice...and there is an entire second and different series called Injustice 2.

Would the Injustice 2 series fit into one omnibus volume? Or would it need two like the first series? (Hopefully this hypothetical omnibus would also include the He-Man/MotU and Injustice crossover as well)
    1 Omnibus is would do it 36 issues and 2 annuals.

Amazing Member

Has anyone read Sweet Tooth: The Return? I see it’s out of stock on IST, wondering if it’s worth a trip down to my LCS for the trade or I can wait for an OHC. The trade will look awkward next to the 3 ohcs :-(