View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 778 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2786787287687747757767777787797807817827888288781278 ... LastLast
Results 11,656 to 11,670 of 21671

After "conversating" with several here & on the DC Comics part of the board, I asked if I could go from 2011 flashpoint straight into Rebirth (whenever I finally got to that point in reading stories). Most said yes, but several said I needed to read the new52 green lantern for sure and I think some of Batman? (I'll have to eventually go back and reread posts). Then a few others pointed out partial good runs of JL, Batman, Grayson, Aquaman, etc etc. and I should give them a chance.
    Then after Thanksgiving, while at the shopping mall I decided to give a new52 book a chance. I grabbed the first Suicide Squad.
    I really liked the first issue. I like SS just never got to collecting yet...but will when all the older series gets done releasing in TPB.
    Anyway, liked the 1st issue in it, hated the 2nd issue, complete reversal, but the liked the next ones as they got good again and here I am still undecided and no clue as ever on whether to skip or read the new52. My favorite themes are JL, Batman, Superman, GL, Teen Titans, Flash, Hawkman/Hawkgirl and Green Arrow, but others as well.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    After "conversating" with several here & on the DC Comics part of the board, I asked if I could go from 2011 flashpoint straight into Rebirth (whenever I finally got to that point in reading stories). Most said yes, but several said I needed to read the new52 green lantern for sure and I think some of Batman? (I'll have to eventually go back and reread posts). Then a few others pointed out partial good runs of JL, Batman, Grayson, Aquaman, etc etc. and I should give them a chance.
    Then after Thanksgiving, while at the shopping mall I decided to give a new52 book a chance. I grabbed the first Suicide Squad.
    I really liked the first issue. I like SS just never got to collecting yet...but will when all the older series gets done releasing in TPB.
    Anyway, liked the 1st issue in it, hated the 2nd issue, complete reversal, but the liked the next ones as they got good again and here I am still undecided and no clue as ever on whether to skip or read the new52. My favorite themes are JL, Batman, Superman, GL, Teen Titans, Flash, Hawkman/Hawkgirl and Green Arrow, but others as well.
    Well the N52 GL or at least the Geoff Johns part of it is the continuation and ending of John's loooong GL run. But if you'll get the omnibuses that's all you need. After John's left I didn't see the point to continue reading GL he pretty much said everything I wanted to be said about Hal. You can probably read Omega men, it's a standalone and has a lot of hype around it. Some say it's over rated but it's very much the case of see for yourself if you are interested.
    The most critically acclaimed N52 book is Snyder's Batman so if you want the best of the bunch then get those! It is regarded as one of the best Bat series of all time by many (not by me though).
    For Green Arrow only and ONLY get the Lemire run that has the deluxe. Everything else is crap.

JL was alright and the rest of your interest is utter garbage.

Swamp thing and Animal man was good too but those are rather horror books than superhero stories.

But I think the only thing you NEED is Batman. The rest is optional.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Well the N52 GL or at least the Geoff Johns part of it is the continuation and ending of John's loooong GL run. But if you'll get the omnibuses that's all you need. After John's left I didn't see the point to continue reading GL he pretty much said everything I wanted to be said about Hal. You can probably read Omega men, it's a standalone and has a lot of hype around it. Some say it's over rated but it's very much the case of see for yourself if you are interested.
    The most critically acclaimed N52 book is Snyder's Batman so if you want the best of the bunch then get those! It is regarded as one of the best Bat series of all time by many (not by me though).
    For Green Arrow only and ONLY get the Lemire run that has the deluxe. Everything else is crap.

JL was alright and the rest of your interest is utter garbage.

Swamp thing and Animal man was good too but those are rather horror books than superhero stories.

But I think the only thing you NEED is Batman. The rest is optional.
    Aquaman is nessasary as well. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Also hear really great things about Batman and Robin.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post

yes, Aquaman! I forgot that.
    Is that the Batman and Robin written by Tomassi? I think that's the one because I remember he was building Damien and Bruce's relationship up and then BUMM! Batman INC happened and ll the plan go out the window.
    BTW Batman INC was good too but that's the end of Morrison's Batman run started in 2005 or 2004 and that's a whole other topic.

Is that the Batman and Robin written by Tomassi? I think that's the one because I remember he was building Damien and Bruce's relationship up and then BUMM! Batman INC happened and ll the plan go out the window.
    BTW Batman INC was good too but that's the end of Morrison's Batman run started in 2005 or 2004 and that's a whole other topic.
    I think you're thinking of Batman and Son, which happened before Batman Inc. Batman and Robin had three volumes before Damien died, and then continued to be about Batman teaming up with heroes and such to get Damien back. It was written by Tomassi and its really.good.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Hahahahaha I totally get what you mean. I love Morrison, and he's written some fantastic things, but some of the others....needed someone to cut the fat a little bit

I dunno man, from the couple issues I've picked up post-Rebirth I've really enjoyed. Haven't read everything, but I definitely think Rebirth is a couple steps in the right direction
    I'very read a lot because a friend of mine buys a ton of floppies. I'm only getting Detective, Action and Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Morrison just generates money. It doesn't even have to be good. WW Earth One created massive amounts of controversy over a lot of things I won't get into.

I haven't read Rebirth titles yet, but I'm at least excited. I'm willing to give some of these small time writers/upcomers a chance. I'm pretty jaded on King, although I just finished Vision and it was fantastic. Tim Seely seems to be doing well. I forget the Flash writers name, but people love him. I'm also really happy DC got Rucka back. I'm curious what plans he has outside WW. Oh and Steve Orlando. The dude writers characters as characters, not stick figures. Love that guy.

God is Orlando the one responsible for the Monster Men abortion???

Forgot about Rucka. I'll pick his stuff up when it's collected. He's always solid. I wish they'd fire King and put him on Batman.

Also, get Constantine out of the main DCU and get him back to London to do whatever he did before for 20 odd years.
    BTW have you read Klaus by Morrison? Best superhero book he wrote in like 10 years. Someone throw a truckload of money at him and ask him to write something like that in the main DCU.
    Of all the reason tof hate DC I put what the did to Hellblazer at the top. I tried to read the news 52 garbage but when he got the power of SHAZAM I quit and never looked back.

I have been wanting to read that Morrison book. It looks good.

Yeah I must say those were two gems in an otherwise pile of new 52 turds.

In fact Tomasi's Batman was the best IMO of all the Bat titles at the time and he is the only reason I gave Superman a chance. Also, because of him I'm going to pick up the Super Sons series.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'very read a lot because a friend of mine buys a ton of floppies. I'm only getting Detective, Action and Superman.

God is Orlando the one responsible for the Monster Men abortion???

Forgot about Rucka. I'll pick his stuff up when it's collected. He's always solid. I wish they'd fire King and put him on Batman.

Of all the reason tof hate DC I put what the did to Hellblazer at the top. I tried to read the news 52 garbage but when he got the power of SHAZAM I quit and never looked back.

I have been wanting to read that Morrison book. It looks good.

Yeah I must say those were two gems in an otherwise pile of new 52 turds.

In fact Tomasi's Batman was the best IMO of all the Bat titles at the time and he is the only reason I gave Superman a chance. Also, because of him I'm going to pick up the Super Sons series.
    I think Orlando helped write Monster Men, but so did other writers. Orlando wrote Midnighter, which is really good. His current mini series is Midnighter and Apollo, and he signed an exclusive contract with DC and will be writing the upcoming JLA book, consisting of Killer Frost, Vixen, Lobo (the main man Lobo), the Atom, and the Ray. He's also writing the new Supergirl, which has received stellar reviews and he's pulling out some obscure stuff in it.

John's Aquaman run is awesomesauce. Manapul's Flash is artistically wonderful, the layouts are impressive as well as the colors. The story is nothing special, and I would've liked it if Iris was Barry's lover instead of Patty.

Maybe its just me, but I don't get the morrison praise. I have Batman gothic deluxe and his flash run with the black flash. They arnt bad reads for me but I don't see why everone likes him. Maybe I just got 2 of his "worse" books. Does anyone here like his flash and gothic?

And Is his main batman run the same kinda of thing as gothic?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Maybe its just me, but I don't get the morrison praise. I have Batman gothic deluxe and his flash run with the black flash. They arnt bad reads for me but I don't see why everone likes him. Maybe I just got 2 of his "worse" books. Does anyone here like his flash and gothic?

Check out all star Superman or new X-Men, probably 2 od the best things he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I think you're thinking of Batman and Son, which happened before Batman Inc. Batman and Robin had three volumes before Damien died, and then continued to be about Batman teaming up with heroes and such to get Damien back. It was written by Tomassi and its really.good.

No, he was correct. Tomasi built on Bruce and Damian's relationship in what was the best batman title in years.

Morrison built on Dick and Damian's relationship in his run on Batman and Robin in which was probably Morrison'so best writing on his entire Batman run.

I enjoyed hosting Flash. Gothic was OK but not memorable. I would not really compare it to his later run.

To be fair he wrote that Flash run with Millar. Its not all him. And like I said, his name generates.money. it doesn't have to be good or of quality.

yeah you didn't pick two of his most memorable books. Haven't read his Flash yet but seems like anything he co wrote with Millar is just dull. Weird because on their own both has a very distinct voice.

Morrison is very divisive mostly because of his weirder books like Invisibles, Final Crisis, Flex Mentallo, Filth etc.
    But even people who are not a fan of him agree that his more streamlined, straight forward books are excellent. I would highly recommend picking up All-Star Superman, JLA, Doom Patrol Animal Man, We3 or New X-men.
    His Batman is weird, I absolutely love it but it's not the grimmdark, sort of realistic take most writers have. Also it gets a bit convoluted with Final Crisis and the reading order with The Return of Bruce Wayne and B&R.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

As an Aquaman fan it's nice to hear his series talked about as necessary and essential in the same breath as Batman and GL.
    We Aquaman fans have had to defend him as more than the "talks to fish" hero for so long that it's nice to see the King appreciated a bit more finally.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    As an Aquaman fan it's nice to hear his series talked about as necessary and essential in the same breath as Batman and GL.
    We Aquaman fans have had to defend him as more than the "talks to fish" hero for so long that it's nice to see the King appreciated a bit more finally.
    Johns' run of AM was great. It was also funny how he got the whole "talks to fish" thing out of the way early on.

I really need to go read the Peter David stuff. I bet that's good, too.