View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Is the Final Crisis omni worth getting if I already have the Absolute (can always sell it) or are all the tie-ins mostly fluff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is the Final Crisis omni worth getting if I already have the Absolute (can always sell it) or are all the tie-ins mostly fluff?
    Fluff. Absolute is fine in my opinion. Most people point to the Legion of 3 worlds story as being a worthy addition but you don't like Perez's art (weird, most people love him) and do you care about the Legion of Superheroes at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Fluff. Absolute is fine in my opinion. Most people point to the Legion of 3 worlds story as being a worthy addition but you don't like Perez's art (weird, most people love him) and do you care about the Legion of Superheroes at all?
    The answer to that would be no, but as I have sold my Morrison Batman absolutes for some ok cash, I though I may get his batman omni as it (or subsequent vols) will put everything in the correct order and fill out the missing bits and I may even enjoy it this time, and if I could get the cost of the Crisis omni through selling the Absolute it may make sense to do that, as all those extra pages must add something to the story

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Yeah, IST search system doesn't show OOS books in the results. https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/...L-01/FEB180294
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I think they take it out of their search results when they no longer have it in stock and aren't able to get more copies.....I couldn't find it via their search feature, but I did find the link in my order history:

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/...mer)/FEB180294

edit: Oops....I left my browser open for 10-15 minutes before reading it and didn't see QComix's response before posting mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It's definitely not there, and as I wrote earlier why can't IST get more copies in if amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk have it?

Thanks. When I couldn't find it I suspected it must have sold out but still. As much as I like IST, the website's search system is awful.
    I actually have a copy but thought I'd hook up a friend. Oh well. I'm sure there will be more soon.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I enjoyed the other stuff, but the main IC story in the Absolute is fine by itself. And I also was surprised to hear about your opinion on Perez’s art, but we like what we like.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks. When I couldn't find it I suspected it must have sold out but still. As much as I like IST, the website's search system is awful.
    I actually have a copy but thought I'd hook up a friend. Oh well. I'm sure there will be more soon.
    In a way, I do like that when you search for books on IST they won’t list books they don’t carry. Why advertise a book you can’t sell?

A bit surprising they’d not be able to get more...this just came out less than two months ago.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Mighty Member

Fluff. The omni has three basic components: (a) the stuff already in the Absolute edition, (b) stuff that is part of other ongoing storylines (Legion of 3 Worlds concludes the Geoff Johns Legion stories, Revelation is the next part of Rucka's Question/Batwoman stories, Rogues' Revenge ties up some Flash plot points to bridge the Bart series to the Barry one), and (c) tie-ins that are peripherally related to FC but don't really illuminate what the main story was about. If you want to read some of the (b) stuff, I'd just get the individual collections as needed

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I was wondering if the Y: The last Man deluxes are worth picking up? Is it the kind of series to get an omni?
    Yes. One of the first series that got me hooked into comics.

It's not perfect, but it's really good.

Getting an Omnibus of it is up in the air, we have the deluxes, but we also just got Absolutes of it, so who knows.

The answer to that would be no, but as I have sold my Morrison Batman absolutes for some ok cash, I though I may get his batman omni as it (or subsequent vols) will put everything in the correct order and fill out the missing bits and I may even enjoy it this time, and if I could get the cost of the Crisis omni through selling the Absolute it may make sense to do that, as all those extra pages must add something to the story
    Morrison didn't really care about anyone else's story so anything he didn't write didn't add anything to either FC or his Batman. And everything else he wrote, including the Batman FC tie in are in the FC absolute. So if your goal is to get the full Morrison reading experience then you are still fine with just having the FC absolute (or the last version of the chunky trade).

I’m wondering the likelihood of a Volume 2 omnibus of Justice League International...

The first has a “1” on it, indicating the possibility of a second volume, but I have heard nothing in the nearly two years since the first was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I’m wondering the likelihood of a Volume 2 omnibus of Justice League International...

The first has a “1” on it, indicating the possibility of a second volume, but I have heard nothing in the nearly two years since the first was announced.
    They seem to be on track to collect most of the main JLA in omnibus form, so I'm pretty optimistic we'll get a volume 2

Has D C ever released Morrison's JLA in omnibus?
    I know of the deluxe versions.
    I hope to see it available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Has D C ever released Morrison's JLA in omnibus?
    I know of the deluxe versions.
    I hope to see it available soon.
    No omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    That is an old listing that Amazon UK hasn't deleted. Please don't go by their info. They have plenty of old canceled stuff still listed. Use Amazon US for better accuracy (and then you can actually buy the stuff on Amazon UK).

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Flash
    Harley Quinn
    Justice League of America (this deluxe edition line seems to have been canceled after the first volume)
    Justice League
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman

Green Arrow is coming in October.
    Thank you for the list! I still hope we will get a Deluxe edition of the Deathstroke serie by Priest next year.

By the way is anyone familiar with the Legion of Superheroes? I just finished the Great Darkness Saga Deluxe and I loved it, is Legion of Super-Heroes: The Curse Deluxe as good?

Thanks,