View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm fine with the black die-cut cardboard covers on these GA Omnis. It's a stylistic approach that further helps separate them from the modern era Omnis.
    I'd like to see a Green Arrow GA vol.2 this year and a WW vol.4 as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm fine with the black die-cut cardboard covers on these GA Omnis. It's a stylistic approach that further helps separate them from the modern era Omnis.
    I've said this before but I think these are one of the worst choices for books that supposed to be premium products. They don't just feel cheap but they stain my fingers all the damn time and my hands are not particularly sweaty.
    I've just read all 5 Ex machina deluxes and the first one has faux leather covers with the embossed logo like the older Marvel ohcs and omnibuses. It felt so good holding it in my hand. Then the rest were just the regular black cardboard, I was so disappointed when I took off the dj of vol2.

Incredible Member

I had the switch to black cardboard from glossy cover disappointment recently when I got the Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion and a while back when I got Wonder Woman 2 (Perez). At the very least consistency would be nice.

I leave the jackets on when I read so I don’t even notice the black covers to be honest.

Anyone else who preorders on amazon.co.uk, noticed that the most recently DC Omnibus’s aren’t available to preorder, despite them being up for a couple of months and only 5 months before they’re due to be released.
    The Joker Omnibus and The Blackest Night 10 year anniversary Omnibus are the two I’m after and what’s odd is, that they’ve been available to preorder on amazon.com for quite a while.
    Seems very strange that they’re not available to preorder yet in the UK.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I think Golden Age books should look classy, and while a plain black cover kinda gets there mostly it just feels cheap. The faux-leather and foil stamping of the old Marvel books would look ten times better.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    I leave the jackets on when I read so I don’t even notice the black covers to be honest.
    each to their own, I can't read like that. The dj always slides up or down, gets damaged or something. Also, not to complain a lot, but at least the dc deluxes' dust jackets are usually really bad quality. When I take them off they always completely curl up straight away.
    Wish everyone just switched to printed covers with no djs like Image does.

People who read Hellblazer past the Mike Carey run:
    Vol 20 is out and I don't know if I should continue. The last volume finished the excellent Carey run but the story after that was just really not that interesting and very stretched out, I still didn't finish it. So I'm just wondering if the series will ever reach the heights of previous stories, cause if not I'm not sure I want to invest in another 10 or so volumes.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I'm happy with Batman Golden Age vol. 1-5. Probably pick up 6 around the time 7 is released this summer. Happy they're continuing the series.

Think Superman Golden Age Vol. 1 Omnibus will see a reprint? Resellers are asking crazy prices. I've picked up 2-5 but they don't look right on the shelf without the first volume.
    It's hard to tell. This one already had a "stealth" reprinting IIRC. It had been OOP for a while and then after a year or so was available again. I don't remember that 2nd printing getting a solicitation but I could be wrong. DC usually reprint certain omnibuses without soliciting them.

Good to know. Thanks, Raffi!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Vol 20 is out and I don't know if I should continue. The last volume finished the excellent Carey run but the story after that was just really not that interesting and very stretched out, I still didn't finish it. So I'm just wondering if the series will ever reach the heights of previous stories, cause if not I'm not sure I want to invest in another 10 or so volumes.
    If you didn't like Andy Diggle's portion of Vol. 20, you probably won't like Vol. 21, since he wrote all of it except for two issues Jason Aaron guest-wrote. After that, there will probably be just four more volumes covering Peter Milligan's run, which I liked a lot. I think you should check out Vol. 22 once it's out, just to see if you like Milligan's take on John Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    If you didn't like Andy Diggle's portion of Vol. 20, you probably won't like Vol. 21, since he wrote all of it except for two issues Jason Aaron guest-wrote. After that, there will probably be just four more volumes covering Peter Milligan's run, which I liked a lot. I think you should check out Vol. 22 once it's out, just to see if you like Milligan's take on John Constantine.
    Sorry I wasn't clear I think. The last vol I've read and didn't like was 19. I never heard of the writer who came after Carey and wrote most of vol 19 . Digle on the other hand is usually pretty solid and if you say it's gonna be another 4 volumes I think I will finish off the run. Haven't read a lot from Milligan but I liked enigma quite a bit.
    Thanks for the reply

Amazing Member

The Only thing I have is the Planetary Omnibus. I is excellent. You should buy it from Amazon.com

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    I second Starro's reply. Both Diggle and Milligan had solid runs that ranged from "good" to "great" at parts.

If you've stuck with the Hellblazer reprints this far, I say finish it. We're almost there!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I second Starro's reply. Both Diggle and Milligan had solid runs that ranged from "good" to "great" at parts.

If you've stuck with the Hellblazer reprints this far, I say finish it. We're almost there!
    I shall then I genuinely thought there will be like 10 more volumes.