View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 57 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061671071575571057 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Hey guys, need some advise.
    I'm getting another absolute but don't know which. I've narrowed it down to those that interests me and I can get for less than €45 (I'm Dutch, can't help it). These are them
    Joker luthor
    New frontier
    Top ten
    Hush
    Long halloween
    Identity crisis
    Sinestro corps war

I'm leaning toward Top ten, Joker Luthor, Long Halloween and New frontier but I still can't choose. What's your guys take?

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm getting another absolute but don't know which. I've narrowed it down to those that interests me and I can get for less than €45 (I'm Dutch, can't help it). These are them
    Joker luthor
    New frontier
    Top ten
    Hush
    Long halloween
    Identity crisis
    Sinestro corps war

I'm leaning toward Top ten, Joker Luthor, Long Halloween and New frontier but I still can't choose. What's your guys take?
    Personally, hands down, Top Ten is one of my fav books. Funny though, I am currently reading Absolute Long Halloween and though I've read the floppies, I paused to take pics of the amazing OSHC art, only to see this post.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Personally, ranking your choices I would say:
    1) new frontier
    2) top ten
    3) long Halloween
    Last edited by GenericUserName12; 06-19-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Personally, ranking your choices I would say:
    1) new frontier
    2) top ten
    3) long Halloween
    Same recommendation here!

Amazing Member

Joker luthor
    New frontier
    Top ten
    Hush
    Long halloween
    Identity crisis
    Sinestro corps war

New Frontier, Long Halloween and Top Ten work very well as standalone books, unlike continuity-shackled stuff like Identity Crisis or Sinestro Corps War.

I also like Hush, but mainly for the Jim Lee art at that size (so if you're not a fan, don't bother).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    If anyone picks up the Frank Quitely book today, please post about it.
    I was going to ask the same thing - the details given in the solicit for the "Graphic Ink" book weren't very clear on exactly what would be included, so a contents rundown (and pics?) would be great.

Apparently it's an oversized art-book type thing, which I didn't know.

Joker luthor
    New frontier
    Top ten
    Hush
    Long halloween
    Identity crisis
    Sinestro corps war

Well they're all good books, New Frontier would be the best one and should be cheaper than the others at its a $75 rrp book.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Well they're all good books, New Frontier would be the best one and should be cheaper than the others at its a $75 rrp book.
    Price doesn't matter, all the books here are around £30, one pund more doesn't really matter
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Whatever you do, don't pick Identity Crisis. It's a very good comic, but not worth an Absolute edition. The same can be said about Sinestro Corps War if you haven't read Johns's GL from the beginning. I'd also recommend skipping Hush unless you're a fan of Jim Lee.

As for the rest, well, it's a matter of tastes. I find Joker/Luthor to be the weakest, but other would say it's the Long Hallowen. Nevertheless, they all have astonishing art.

Anyone looking for an Absolute Dark Knight, there is one for 75 at a good online shop I use in the US - Strand books. Not a fantastic price but OK.

So I haven't checked this board in three weeks....I miss anything? Any good deals or books that went out of print while I was away?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    So I haven't checked this board in three weeks....I miss anything? Any good deals or books that went out of print while I was away?
    IST is holding a % 65 sale on DC stuff. Including 4 absolutes
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Joker luthor
    New frontier
    Top ten
    Hush
    Long halloween
    Identity crisis
    Sinestro corps war

New Frontier (beautiful art, colours and inks and an enjoyable story) and Long Halloween (very good story and extraordinary art). Of the two, I would lean towards New Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    New Frontier (beautiful art, colours and inks and an enjoyable story) and Long Halloween (very good story and extraordinary art). Of the two, I would lean towards New Frontier.
    Agreed. These two titles are what Absolutes are made for. Identity Crisis and Sinestro Corps War are good, but continuity heavy. I just read Joker/Luthor, really enjoyed it, but would have been just as good as deluxes. I own Top 10 but haven't read it yet. Hush is a fun story with great art, if you're a Jim Lee fan. But I definitely side with Long Halloween or New Frontier. And then Dark Victory later on if you enjoy Long Halloween, as it was a great follow-up.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Agreed. These two titles are what Absolutes are made for. Identity Crisis and Sinestro Corps War are good, but continuity heavy. I just read Joker/Luthor, really enjoyed it, but would have been just as good as deluxes. I own Top 10 but haven't read it yet. Hush is a fun story with great art, if you're a Jim Lee fan. But I definitely side with Long Halloween or New Frontier. And then Dark Victory later on if you enjoy Long Halloween, as it was a great follow-up.
    I highly recommend you start on Top Ten. It was a blind buy for me, but now sits in my essential books pile.

Here's some more pics for comparison:

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Default More absolute top ten pics