View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 109 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 959991051061071081091101111121131191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    And the quality is top notch but you already knew that
    Oh, yes

Not keen on the size of the book, but it makes the contents sooooo cheap.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Oh, yes

Not keen on the size of the book, but it makes the contents sooooo cheap.
    Reading it isn't actually that bad. You can read it on your lap and if you have a thin pillow or a thick blanket to put under it you can read it in bed too. And it looks like a king on your shelves. Though I'm stopping now because I'm kind of getting off the Dc topic here
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Do people read Absolute Editions?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...r-three-years/

The artice tells about an error at the end of the Absolute edition of Identity Crisis; swapped pages that have been noticed now by a consumer. This edition has been out for nearly three years before this complaint was filed and it makes you wonder about how many Absolutes are purchased for the sole reason of shelf slotting. I own two Absolutes (All-Star Superman and New Frontier) and made sure to read them through at least once.

Doesn't Identity Crisis bounce back and forth via flashbacks, that could also be a reasonable explanation to why there were no complaints until now.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 08-18-2014 at 03:21 PM.

All-New Member

I apologize for the ignorant question but do vertigo HC's have the same paper as with their TPBs? Punk Rock Jesus DHC is coming up and I'm wondering if the price is worth it since I already have it in TPB.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'm so angry about the Green Arrow change. I really wanted to check out the run, but there's no way I'm paying anywhere near Absolute prices for it. I guess I'm back to looking for floppies.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post

The artice tells about an error at the end of the Absolute edition of Identity Crisis; swapped pages that have been noticed now by a consumer. This edition has been out for nearly three years before this complaint was filed and it makes you wonder about how many Absolutes are purchased for the sole reason of shelf slotting. I own two Absolutes (All-Star Superman and New Frontier) and made sure to read them through at least once.

Doesn't Identity Crisis bounce back and forth via flashbacks, that could also be a reasonable explanation to why there were no complaints until now.
    I'm the one who complained about this, both on the MMW forum and on this thread (p.101). Based on the lack of responses I got on this thread, I'm assuming most people just don't care very much. I only bought the Absolute because it was at a huge discount, so maybe it didn't sell that great to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    I'm the one who complained about this, both on the MMW forum and on this thread (p.101). Based on the lack of responses I got on this thread, I'm assuming most people just don't care very much. I only bought the Absolute because it was at a huge discount, so maybe it didn't sell that great to begin with.

Anyone else find it ironic that a book named Identity Crisis would have it's pages out of order? Probably a bit of a stretch, but still funny.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So does anyone prefer GA as an Absolute? I feel like the change is going to lose it a lot of sales.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Luckily my Amazon.com order is locked at 60$
    Yup. Current price $81.15. My price $64.94. Gotta love that pre-order system.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Kevin Smith's Deluxe Green Arrow was cancelled for ABSOLUTE edition!
    I was looking forward to the Deluxe edition but wouldn't get it in Absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Okay, let's be honest. Did anybody REALLY think there'd ever be a Green Arrow Absolute? Cos I sure as hell didn't.
    Only came out 14 years ago Its a proto-Absolute but pretty mucht he same

http://www.amazon.com/The-Green-Lant...tern+hardcover

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Fingers crossed they'll keep the ISBN for Green Arrow and Amazon will honour orders at the much, much, much lower price
    I just looked at my amazon orders and The Green Arrow Deluxe was cancelled months ago, I had an email about it but forgot about till today. So I'm guessing that it's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    BTW, the contents and price of the first Geoff Johns Green Lantern Omnibus have changed since first announced. As well as Green Lantern Rebirth #1-6, Green Lantern Corps #1-5, Green Lantern #1-25, Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Superman Prime #1, Green Lantern Corps Sinestro Special #1 and Green Lantern Secret Files 2005, they now include Green Lantern Corps #14 - 18, and Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps Secret Files #1. The page count has been bumped up to 1,232 pages, and the price has gone from $99.99 to $125.
    Mate that was months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post

I've read all mine, and honestly just thought that part of Identity Crisis was part of the flashback story.

Default November 2014 Solicits

DC HCs

ABSOLUTE GREEN ARROW BY KEVIN SMITH HC
    Written by KEVIN SMITH
    Art by PHIL HESTER and ANDE PARKS
    Cover by MATT WAGNER
    Advance solicit • On sale FEBRUARY 25 • 400 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5”, $99.99 US
    In these tales from issues #1-15, Green Arrow is back from the dead, leading the Dark Knight to investigate his mysterious return, while a silent killer targets costumed vigilantes...
    Retailers: These issues were previously solicited as the GREEN ARROW BY KEVIN SMITH DELUXE EDITION HC. All orders on that title are cancelled.

THE FLASH: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC
    Written by GARDNER FOX, JOHN BROOME, GEOFF JOHNS and others
    Art by CARMINE INFANTINO, HARRY LAMPERT, SCOTT KOLINS and others
    Cover by TBD
    On sale JANUARY 14 • 400 pg, FC, $39.99 US
    THE FLASH: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS collects a wide range of stories featuring the Scarlet Speedster from his seven decades as a mainstay in the DC Comics universe. From the original Flash, Jay Garrick, to his successors Barry Allen and Wally West, the mantle of this beloved hero has made him burst beyond the printed page into a pop culture symbol. This anthology collects stories by legendary writers including Gardner Fox, John Broome and Geoff Johns.

GREEN LANTERN BY GEOFF JOHNS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS and DAVE GIBBONS
    Art by ETHAN VAN SCIVER, PATRICK GLEASON, DAVE GIBBONS, CARLOS PACHECO, SIMONE BIANCHI, IVAN REIS, DANIEL ACUNA and others
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO and JESUS MERINO
    On sale JANUARY 28 • 1,232 pg, FC, $125.00 US
    The legendary GREEN LANTERN run written by Geoff Johns is collected in the first of a series of Omnibus hardcovers! Witness the rebirth of the Corps. Collects GREEN LANTERN REBIRTH #1-6, GREEN LANTERN CORPS: RECHARGE #1-5, GREEN LANTERN #1-25, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #14-18, TALES OF THE SINESTRO CORPS: SUPERMAN PRIME #1, GREEN LANTERN CORPS SINESTRO SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN SECRET FILES 2005 #1 and GREEN LANTERN/SINESTRO CORPS SECRET FILES #1.

Vertigo HCs

AMERICAN VAMPIRE VOL. 7 HC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art and cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    On sale JANUARY 7 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US • MATURE READERS
    The first collection of AMERICAN VAMPIRE SECOND CYCLE features issues #1-5 of the new series! When we meet Pearl again, it is in 1960’s Kansas, an era fraught with fear of nuclear war, angry demonstrations and vast social change. But what has changed in the years since the V.M.S. attack? And where is Skinner Sweet?

Very light month HC wise, but with some heavy hitters.

Have updated:
    Op with link to Nov solicits, and future releases that have now been solicited.

Reprints

Now I only check this monthly so missed this from end of last month. Will probably make a lot of people happy/sad.

The following items have been reprinted and are available for order:
    PREACHER BOOK 1 HC (FEB090260) (4th printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 2 HC (OCT090299) (2nd printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 3 HC (AUG100271) (2nd printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 4 HC (FEB110265) (2nd printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 5 HC (JUL110292) (2nd printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 6 HC (SEP110226) (2nd printing)

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I'm so angry about the Green Arrow change. I really wanted to check out the run, but there's no way I'm paying anywhere near Absolute prices for it. I guess I'm back to looking for floppies.
    Same here. I was never a fan of Green Arrow but wanted to check it because of Kevin Smith. Now, at Absolute price, I'm gonna skip it altogether.
    Last edited by silkcuts; 08-18-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    So does anyone prefer GA as an Absolute?
    Heck no. Save for a few exceptions, I'd rather have Deluxes over Absolutes. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I just looked at my amazon orders and The Green Arrow Deluxe was cancelled months ago, I had an email about it but forgot about till today. So I'm guessing that it's not happening.
    Same here.They cancelled it for me.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

According to the DC solicitations on CBR, this is the cover to the Green Lantern Geoff John Omnibus - by Carlos Pacheco and Jesus Merino: