View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1070 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 7057097010201060106610671068106910701071107210731074108011201170 ... LastLast
Results 16,036 to 16,050 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I have question for any resident Batman readers, with Knightfall Omni 3 coming out next month, have you enjoyed the first 2?
    I wasn't into comics back then, so it's my interest in Batman that makes me want to read it, more so than any nostalgia or liking 90's art etc.
    Is it a fun run?
    I have. It's easy reading, action packed, etc. I mean it's not going to win an Eisner or anything, but it's decent. Also, the third omni is going to be the best. That's the one that marks Bruce's comeback. Great stuff.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I have. It's easy reading, action packed, etc. I mean it's not going to win an Eisner or anything, but it's decent. Also, the third omni is going to be the best. That's the one that marks Bruce's comeback. Great stuff.
    Pretty much this: I really liked the build up in the first Omni a lot, such a great work to let Batman go way beyond his capabilities to fight so many of his arch enemies and on to the great final. I felt that the second Volume sometimes really overdid it in terms of lenghts of some plot lines but it also had this intense story if the new Batman should kill in it. The third one is the culmination and as Tom said: it is great stuff. And I am a huge 90s fan so I really enjoyed it.

The follow up run by Moench with art by Kelley Jones still stands out to me as I had these in German floppies when I was growing up and it was my first experience with real "horror" beyond movies.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have question for any resident Batman readers, with Knightfall Omni 3 coming out next month, have you enjoyed the first 2?
    I wasn't into comics back then, so it's my interest in Batman that makes me want to read it, more so than any nostalgia or liking 90's art etc.
    Is it a fun run?
    Yes, and for disclosure, it is a nostalgia read for me. I was in college at the time and recall being excited about each week. It was fast paced had character development and I felt a sense of fun being there for this new villain whose fate was unknown. Would he be the next great thing or be the next Calendar Man in years to come?
    Looking back I appreciate the structure of the tale. It had a clear beginning, middle and end while setting the stage for the next chapters in our characters lives.
    Which is also why I feel strongly about the entries of Catclysm, No Mans Land and that saga where we get Cassandra as Batgirl.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Have to agree with what the others above have said (@poolovison: Dat häste jot jesaat!). Read the TPBs in the early 90s and enjoyed it even though I wasn't interested in standard superhero books at the time at all. Recently I just picked up the first two omnis (my old TPBs combined had less pages than the first omnibus) and have been tearing through them. The art is much better than expected despite Aparo having already been past his prime and the storytelling still holds up, particularly the long build up poolovision mentions.

Is it a fun run?
    Just to be that "other guy" and offer my opinion, the first volume is excellent and highly recommended for any Batman fan. I really loved everything about it. The rest of it following the breaking of the Bat, not so much for me. It's really why I haven't bought any of these omnis as I just don't care to read it all again. I never cared for, and likely never will, anything about Azrael/JPV. I also admit I'm likely in the minority here. If you've never read it, it's certainly worth a read though.

Fantastic Member

With the Gotham City Sirens omnibus coming out this week, I was just curious if anyone could recommend the material it contains? I'm unfamiliar with the artists and much of Dini's comic work, but a book starring Selina, Harley, and Ivy is intriguing to me, even if I have no idea what to expect story-wise.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I really hope that's a typo in the new solicits, and that Batman By Moench & Jones Vol. 2 is not a paperback...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I really hope that's a typo in the new solicits, and that Batman By Moench & Jones Vol. 2 is not a paperback...
    Yeah, me too. If it is a TPB, that would be unfortunate.

From the new July 2018 solicitations:

WONDER WOMAN, DIANA PRINCE: THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS Cover by DICK GIORDANO:

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS COMPANION DELUXE EDITION OHC Cover by JERRY ORDWAY:

DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE OHC Cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO:

THE FLASH: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK THREE OHC Cover by MIKE McKONE:

THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE J.H. WILLIAMS III GALLERY EDITION Cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE J.H. WILLIAMS III GALLERY EDITION Cover:
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucc c.....
    I didn't know this was announced. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucc c.....
    I didn't know this was announced. Damn!
    Didn't DC announce an Absolute edition of this as well?