View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 420 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3203704104164174184194204214224234244304705209201420 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 21671
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    Yet you all watch movies and read comics where people die all the time.
    We get to see people die all the time on the news, so it's no wonder that human death in fiction has stopped having a huge effect on people.

Spectacular Member

Hey guys, is there a website where we can see upcoming reprints for DC collected editions ? I went to order New Teen Titans TPB Vol. 1 and 2 (Wolfman/Perez) in anticipation of the oncoming release of Vol. 3 this September, but Vol. 1 was out of stock on Amazon, IST and CGN...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rynprc View Post
    While the release date hasn't changed, the publisher field now lists "DC Comics (Mar. 2016)", so hopefully they are going to stick with this listing, rather than remove and relist.
    That said, they don't have 'Batman' in the listing title, which seems an oversight, so it might well get binned...

I've got it pre-ordered at 30 as well, so I'm hoping it sticks!
    The release date has now also changed to March 2016.

The ISBN numbers also correlate to those in the Edelweiss Spring 2016 catalogue, so here's hoping

Edit: Literally received an email a few minutes ago from amazon.co.uk stating that the release date has been pushed back with an "Estimated arrival date: July 01 2016 - July 02 2016". I think we can safely deduce that our super low preorder price is locked
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 08-19-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Duh, yes, brain fart on my part, I edited my original post in case others saw it- thanks for the correction!

And Micah- if you're ever in Louisville and want to talk some Batman, let me know No Man's Land is great, by the way. It's massive but really well done. Rucka also did a novelization of it that is worth checking out.
    Of course, man! Same with Spidey here in Lexington

Has there been any news as to whether they're going to release a new edition of No Man's Land vol. 5?

Amazing Member

Good to see all these Kentucky folks representing. Versailles here. Now hold on....what's wrong with the edition of No Man's Land volume 5? Didn't they just rerelease these a couple of years ago as a four volume set? If that's the case, DC going back to release a new edition of the original volume 5 might be a slim chance.

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    Good to see all these Kentucky folks representing. Versailles here. Now hold on....what's wrong with the edition of No Man's Land volume 5? Didn't they just rerelease these a couple of years ago as a four volume set? If that's the case, DC going back to release a new edition of the original volume 5 might be a slim chance.
    Who knew there were so many of us Kentuckians here!

As for No Man's Land, originally there were 5 smaller TPBs. They have since released totally new TPBs that are larger and contain more material, there are only 4 of those. So there is no longer a volume 5. The content that was in the original volume 5 is now in the new volume 4 and then some, there is nothing more to re-release. You just want to get the four new No Man's Land TPBs and you're set (well, they are missing the Harley Quinn one-shot which took place during NML, but you can get that elsewhere now.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I'm in the exact same camp as you guys. Don't like seeing animals hurt in movies, especially dogs. And haven't seen John Wick for that very reason.
    See it. You'll know when the "bad" part is coming so you can fast forward. The rest of the movie is so good it's worth fast forwarding through that one part rather than not watch it at all.

Also, this might be helpful to people: https://www.doesthedogdie.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That makes 3 of us. We3 was definitely pretty heavy.

Whatever you guys do, do not read "Bless the Beasts and Children...." by Bill Mantlo, a Daredevil short story in Marvel Fanfare #7. That has got to take the biscuit in sadness. It actually made me quite angry. As a Daredevil completionist, I actually don't like having it in my collection.

Another sad dog story that comes to mind is "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow".
    Never read WHTTMOT ( I know I know) so thanks :P I have the deluxe but now I'm a bit hesitant...nah, probably gonna read it anyway, just have to prepare myself. (or read Morrison's AC story with Krypto right after that. Or Adventure comics from Johns and Manapul).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    Yet you all watch movies and read comics where people die all the time.
    Ah, this argument!
    See, I don't like to watch people die either, but if it's about soldiers, hitmans, etc... thats okay (in a story). Whenever a poor security guy dies or a kid or just some random people on the street, I feel sorry for them (even though they are fictional).
    But doggies are just so lovely and just wants to be our bff-s and everything, my heart breaks every time I see one die, compared to people, they are innocent creatures who don't deserve horrible stuff to happen to them.

I'll agree that dogs are awesome.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Who knew there were so many of us Kentuckians here!

As for No Man's Land, originally there were 5 smaller TPBs. They have since released totally new TPBs that are larger and contain more material, there are only 4 of those. So there is no longer a volume 5. The content that was in the original volume 5 is now in the new volume 4 and then some, there is nothing more to re-release. You just want to get the four new No Man's Land TPBs and you're set (well, they are missing the Harley Quinn one-shot which took place during NML, but you can get that elsewhere now.)
    Ahhh I see. Since it's a massive crossover it's tough to keep track of what's collected in what. Glad to see another Kentuckian on here!!

Not, to be a dick, but any chance folks can quit spoiling stories?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Not, to be a dick, but any chance folks can quit spoiling stories?
    Which stories got spoiled then? (I'm really asking, if something got spoiled I probably missed it in my quick read-through)
    I tried to be as spoiler-free as I could in my response but I found it hard to avoid spoilers while still answering the question. Apologies if I spouled something for you
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

For anybody who is curious regarding the George Perez Wonder Woman

If I own all the GL Absolutes, is it still worth purchasing the omnis?

All-New Member

I would think yes, due to the fact that the Absolutes only collect the event portions of the titles, while the Omni have the entire series.

And Aleksivic, thanks for posting to WW pics! In typical DC fashion, they didn't include Action #600, even though it was already collected in the TPB's that were already released a few years ago.