View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    FYI Justice League #240 will also need to be collected in a JLA BA collection ...
    Yes, that was a quite stupid omission. Unfortunately DC is famous for annoying gaps in their collected editions. Just look at Morrrison's JLA omnibus.

But let's just wait and see if we will actually see the third JLA BA omnibus (and the third Batman B&B BA omnibus) in 2021. I'll believe this as soon as they're in my sweating hands ...

JLA by Grant Morrison and the Road to No Man’s Land omnis arrived today. Whoo boy, these things are chunks. I’ve got the trades for both, so I think I’m going to treat these as shelf decorations...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    JLA by Grant Morrison and the Road to No Man’s Land omnis arrived today. Whoo boy, these things are chunks. I’ve got the trades for both, so I think I’m going to treat these as shelf decorations...
    I asked this a few pages back but does the NML omni look any better? Especially the Azrael issues which looked quite bad in the TPB's - I'm on the fence about upgrading to the omni from my TPB collection

I'm just wondering do you lot think 'DCeased' as a series will get an omnibus at some point or are they too disconnected as stories?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Did anyone pick up the Books of Magic Vol. 1 omni? I'm very tempted, but - as is always a valid concern with DC - we may never see it completed. There's still too much material for them to finish it with a second volume, but not enough to fill out a third.

Ideally I'd have preferred 6(ish) chunky trades, but they orphaned the line after a single book a few years ago.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Did anyone pick up the Books of Magic Vol. 1 omni? I'm very tempted, but - as is always a valid concern with DC - we may never see it completed. There's still too much material for them to finish it with a second volume, but not enough to fill out a third.

Ideally I'd have preferred 6(ish) chunky trades, but they orphaned the line after a single book a few years ago.
    Mine is on it's way. I hope they will finish it with a second if there isn't enough for a third. This one is over 1500 pages. I don't know how much there needs to be collected to finish?

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

There's some 80 issues left to collect: Books of Magic 33-75 and annuals 2-3, The Names of Magic 1-5, Hunter: The Age of Magic 1-25, Books of Magick: Life During Wartime 1-15

I did, I was initially wary since they abandoned the one (1!) tpb volume they put out, but with Lucifer having both omnibus books out, I decided to go for this one in hopes it is completed.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

What Omnibus are due next week from DC, any?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I was pretty close to getting the standard size Hardcover of Three Jokers recently, but apparently there is a oversized Hardcover coming next year. So I'm gonna wait for that one instead, since I am mostly getting it for the art tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    There's some 80 issues left to collect: Books of Magic 33-75 and annuals 2-3, The Names of Magic 1-5, Hunter: The Age of Magic 1-25, Books of Magick: Life During Wartime 1-15
    So that can be collected in 2 more. Makes 3 in total.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    So that can be collected in 2 more. Makes 3 in total.
    Three is what the blurb on the back of Vol 1 says as well. Fillmont posted this over on the MMW forum last week:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I was only crossing my fingers for the bold! But if they actually collect the subsequent series, I'd definitely buy those as well.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Three is what the blurb on the back of Vol 1 says as well. Fillmont posted this over on the MMW forum last week:
    Oh wow! I'm surprised DC would put themselves on the hook like that, considering how cancel-happy they've always been.

Guess I'll be pre-ordering the next volume once it's available...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Amazing Member

Wasn’t there a second Books of Faerie mini or am I remembering that incorrectly? I’m ordered the Omni, looking forward to books 2 and 3.