View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 596 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 964965465865925935945955965975985996006066466961096 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 21672
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Has anyone on here read Emperor Joker? I love Ed McGuinness' art (he draws one helluva Superman) so I was wondering if it was worth checking out!?
    A lot of people dislike that era of Superman, and while it's not all good, "Emperor Joker" was a high point.

It was OOP and going for ridiculous prices for awhile, but now you can get a used copy online for super cheap. Probably has something to do with the reprint that's out now...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    A lot of people dislike that era of Superman, and while it's not all good, "Emperor Joker" was a high point.

It was OOP and going for ridiculous prices for awhile, but now you can get a used copy online for super cheap. Probably has something to do with the reprint that's out now...
    Yeah the reprint is what triggered my question about it. That sucks that it seems like it's not worthwhile. I had heard Joe Kelly's Superman stuff was worth it and I think some of his work was involved in that specific crossover. I'm assuming it's the not so good version of Loeb with this run.

Watched World's finest yesterday (Superman TAS) which made me push the new ed. Superman Adventures trade up on my wishlist (damn I love the DCAU).
    But just to double check: are these Batman and Superman Adventures stories good? I know some big name writers like Millar wrote some of the stories but are they up to standard? (I mean the standard of the Timm-verse)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Flipping through the War Crimes trade, it does look like the two Secret Files and Origins pieces are relevant to the story, so it would be kind of bad if DC left those out of the new trade. But like with many DC products I guess we'll never know until the book is in someone's hands.
    That update added almost 100 pages to the book, so it's quite possible those two SF&O issues will be in it, although I would prefer Batman #642 and the follow-up in back-ups from Detective Comics #808-810, because a) those are the only Andersen Gabrych's Batman stories that wouldn't be in War Games two-book set, and b) #642 was never collected before, and because it sits between War Crimes and Under the Red Hood, it will probably never be collected if not here.
    And now the Edelweiss listing for War Games Book Two has, in addition to all those issues from recent update, Batman #642 and both SF&Os.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Watched World's finest yesterday (Superman TAS) which made me push the new ed. Superman Adventures trade up on my wishlist (damn I love the DCAU).
    But just to double check: are these Batman and Superman Adventures stories good? I know some big name writers like Millar wrote some of the stories but are they up to standard? (I mean the standard of the Timm-verse)
    These stories are GREAT. Fun and light but sometimes genuinely touching, feels right in line with the Timmverse stuff. Superman watching Krypton's light go out in the sky (the image had only just reached earth) gets me every time. And once Mark Millar and Aluir Amancio jumped on board further into the run, it became the best Superman book period. (PS, the Batman stuff is good too, but Superman Adventures is the most consistent.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rtk79 View Post
    If price is an issue, I'd stick with the regular edition : Superman Beyond (essential to understanding FC) and Final Crisis Submit are included there as well, the Batman issues are only important if you're into Morrison's Batman run and DC Universe zero doesn't add anything significant (it was an early teaser for several DC storylines).
    Final Crisis Resist is very good, but will make little sense if you're not familiar with Greg Rucka's Checkmate series.
    Price is no issue, the extended edition is soft cover. It's pretty cheap. I agree Superman Beyond is really essential... if you don't read it, you are like where was he ?!?! lol how did he achive this and that etc... I have to disagree with the Batman issues if you read Batman 682 and 683 in between the FC issues, you really get the picture about what Simyan and Mocary try to do with Batman... and Batman's resistence against what they try to do with himself.

---SPOİLER---

i wish there was a long battle Between The Supermen of all the multiverse and that Multiverse Vampire guy who is the main villain, this would be sweet... that multiverse vampire went down so sudden and without a decent fight... i think that was the only complain that i have.
    Last edited by Batarang; 04-06-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    And now the Edelweiss listing for War Games Book Two has, in addition to all those issues from recent update, Batman #642 and both SF&Os.
    Huzzah!

I'd really love to know the internal process at the trade collections department and why there is so much miscommunication about the collected contents of these books.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I'd really love to know the internal process at the trade collections department and why there is so much miscommunication about the collected contents of these books.
    I just hope their internal process is checking here and elsewhere. We need a "Help DC with Collected Editions" thread.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Price is no issue, the extended edition is soft cover. It's pretty cheap. I agree Superman Beyond is really essential... if you don't read it, you are like where was he ?!?! lol how did he achive this and that etc... I have to disagree with the Batman issues if you read Batman 682 and 683 in between the FC issues, you really get the picture about what Simyan and Mocary try to do with Batman... and Batman's resistence against what they try to do with himself.

---SPOİLER---

i wish there was a long battle Between The Supermen of all the multiverse and that Multiverse Vampire guy who is the main villain, this would be sweet... that multiverse vampire went down so sudden and without a decent fight... i think that was the only complain that i have.
    SPOILER!!

Superman was kicking his butt in Beyond so he didn't go down that fast.

End of spoiler!!!

I LOVE Superman beyond! It's one of my favourite Superman stories and the last page is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    These stories are GREAT. Fun and light but sometimes genuinely touching, feels right in line with the Timmverse stuff. Superman watching Krypton's light go out in the sky (the image had only just reached earth) gets me every time. And once Mark Millar and Aluir Amancio jumped on board further into the run, it became the best Superman book period. (PS, the Batman stuff is good too, but Superman Adventures is the most consistent.)
    cheers! Definitely gonna buy at least the Superman one.

BANNED

SPOILER!!

Superman was kicking his butt in Beyond so he didn't go down that fast.

End of spoiler!!!

I LOVE Superman beyond! It's one of my favourite Superman stories and the last page is brilliant.
    was he... ? hmm... i don't remember that... lol i better check it out if i can find the trade...

was he... ? hmm... i don't remember that... lol i better check it out if i can find the trade...
    again, SPOILERS!!!

I just looked it up on wiki and it says that was another monitor at the end who just took the role of the Dark Monitor from Mandrakk since Mandrakk basically died at the end of Superman Beyond.

But at least we can say he was a newbie and it was all the Supermans and the whole damn Green Lantern corps that took him down.

BANNED

again, SPOILERS!!!

I just looked it up on wiki and it says that was another monitor at the end who just took the role of the Dark Monitor from Mandrakk since Mandrakk basically died at the end of Superman Beyond.

But at least we can say he was a newbie and it was all the Supermans and the whole damn Green Lantern corps that took him down.
    Thanks for checking it out man. I couldn't find the trade... Well... i guess i can cut myself some slack for forgeting casue It was Morrison ( his stories are a little bit harder to follow then your awarage story) and it has been probably more than one year since i read the fc extended... I better re read it if i can find it. :P
    Last edited by Batarang; 04-06-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks for checking it out man. I couldn't find the trade... Well... i guess i can cut myself some slack for forgeting casue It was Morrison ( his stories are a little bit harder to follow then your awarage story) and it has been probably more than one year since i read the fc extended... I better re read it if i can find it. :P
    you have to reread it at least once a year also, that's why you get the absolute, easier to find :P

BANNED

you have to reread it at least once a year also, that's why you get the absolute, easier to find :P
    Absolutly... :P They are huge and hard to carry but you can't just miss that thing