View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting my copy, it's my first Batgirl read
    If you like the Synder Batman run, Batgirl fits that tone pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
    If you like the Synder Batman run, Batgirl fits that tone pretty well.
    I did indeed enjoy it, so that's good to know.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

C9E6D678-36A6-40E9-8C45-45EC9459F79E.jpg

Got my Morrison Superman Omnibus!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks good, got mine on order.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Gotcha - It's on my list to read, I just haven't gotten to it yet. It's a shame that a lot of what Morrison did was kind of just left alone after he was done, I think he did some really interesting things with the supporting cast and introduced a lot of newer villains and elements. Kinda of like his New Xmen run.

It's also wild to me how his Batman run has so many parallels with Brubaker Captain America run, even as they were coming out at the same time.

Final Crisis is...big. It's extravagant. Morrison does not hold your hand at all. When I first read it as it was coming out in singles, I actually didn't like it. I reread it a year or two after it was complete and saw it in a whole new light. And it gets better every time. It's seriously grandiose. I agree with bob, it's one of my favorite crossover events too

Batman 702 is definitely a rehash of FC for his Batman run, but 701 fills in a lot of gaps between RIP and FC. It should have actually been included in FC or published earlier/end of RIP, in my opinion.
    I know there are reading lists out there for FC, but what are your (or anyone's) recommended reading for FC? As in, to read along side it or before/after. I'm no DC historian but I like to think of myself as pretty well versed. Everytime I read it (even with the recommended reading lists) I feel like I'm missing something. The same goes for Seven Soilders. I felt Multiversity was Morrisons easiest series to get into. (and I'm aware there's content in Multiversity that sheds some light on FC, still doesn't quite help).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    C9E6D678-36A6-40E9-8C45-45EC9459F79E.jpg

Got my Morrison Superman Omnibus!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Looks good, got mine on order.
    Bleeding cool is is reporting that at least one of the pages is missing all of its dialogue.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/shol...erman-omnibus/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Bleeding cool is is reporting that at least one of the pages is missing all of its dialogue.

Ah, DC... never change.

And poor Sholly Fisch. The guy gets no respect...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Since they released road to no man's land omni is there any word on a no man's land omni?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

No word on an actual No Man's Land Omni but it is surely on some Whiteboard in the Collections Department.
    Probably the 2nd biggest event after the "Knightfall/Crusade" saga.
    Contagion is imo the third biggest.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

There's an ad in the back of the Road To... omni for NML Omnibus Vol 1. You can see it at the 9:31 mark of the Near Mint' channel's first look video - https://youtu.be/Wghuh0wV27I?t=571.

That said, there's no release date, and it hasn't shown up in the advance book market solicits yet. But it should be a matter of when, not if.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Yep just reached the page. It sucks but at least it isn’t one of the most important ones. DC really needs to get better at this though if they’re going to be charging $70+ for these. Does DC send out fixed reprints when stuff like this happens or are you just screwed? Only recently started collecting omnis and this definitely taught me not to preorder.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep just reached the page. It sucks but at least it isn’t one of the most important ones. DC really needs to get better at this though if they’re going to be charging $70+ for these. Does DC send out fixed reprints when stuff like this happens or are you just screwed? Only recently started collecting omnis and this definitely taught me not to preorder.
    The first (?) time something like this happened was with one of the original printings of Geoff Johns' Flash omnibus vol. 2 or 3. I want to say some pages were out of order though, not missing dialogue. I had preordered and was sent a replacement at no charge. Even sold the defective one for pennies on eBay. The missing word balloons also happened with some (not all) of the first printings of JLI Vol. 1, but to my knowledge they just fast tracked a reprint but didn't offer free replacements. My copy was fine, so I could be mistaken.

Don't let this put you off of pre-ordering though! We need those numbers to insure these books even see the light of day!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The first (?) time something like this happened was with one of the original printings of Geoff Johns' Flash omnibus vol. 2 or 3. I want to say some pages were out of order though, not missing dialogue. I had preordered and was sent a replacement at no charge. Even sold the defective one for pennies on eBay. The missing word balloons also happened with some (not all) of the first printings of JLI Vol. 1, but to my knowledge they just fast tracked a reprint but didn't offer free replacements. My copy was fine, so I could be mistaken.

Don't let this put you off of pre-ordering though! We need those numbers to insure these books even see the light of day!
    Hah yeah it’s kind of annoying how the industry works with preorders, but if it’s something I really love I know I have to put money down. How do you know when they “fix” issues, because I preordered my Omni through DCBS. I’ll buy a replacement if I have to I just want to know when the issue is fixed. Would be nice to get a free replacement but I’m not holding my breath.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

IST traded replacement copies for the New Gods Omnibus, but I don’t see this happening . I thought Sholly Fisch was a new guy when the New 52 came out. He deserves a cover mention. All his backups are world building, emotional gems for that Superman’s story. The Morrison run moved so fast, Fisch’s stories allowed things to breathe so to speak. He deserves a cover mention! I think he has ties to classic Super Friends cartoons! He deserves a cover mention!

Anyone know if they are going to continue Teen Titans by Geoff Johns or JSA by Geoff Johns?