View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 692 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1925926426826886896906916926936946956967027427921192 ... LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 21670
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    Does anyone know why the list price of the Brave and the Bold omnibus on Amazon has changed from the previously solicited $125 to $75?
    Maybe DC realizes $125 for this material is a hard sell? Still, I'd expect the drop to go to $100 only. Maybe Amazon just messed it up. Or maybe it's been re-solicited once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    The other day, the sale price was actually even lower, at $50. What I mean is the list price, before savings, was $125, and, now, its listed with an MSRP of $75.00. Would they cut content to make for a second volume?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    The other day, the sale price was actually even lower, at $50. What I mean is the list price, before savings, was $125, and, now, its listed with an MSRP of $75.00. Would they cut content to make for a second volume?
    I've noticed that it's being switching to and fro from $125 to $75 these past several weeks now as if amazon can't make their mind up.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm not sure there has ever been a time when I've planned to buy so many DC trades. They are really collecting fan-desired stuff lately.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm not sure there has ever been a time when I've planned to buy so many DC trades. They are really collecting fan-desired stuff lately.
    I think they are doing a solid job of collecting a variety of characters/teams from various eras in various formats as well.
    However, you'll still find some out there who think they are not.
    It's a no win situation it seems.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I think they are doing a solid job of collecting a variety of characters/teams from various eras in various formats as well.
    However, you'll still find some out there who think they are not.
    It's a no win situation it seems.
    All these Bronze Age collections are blowing my mind. JLA, Batman and Outsiders, Swamp Thing, Haney Brave & Bold, etc. And more Golden and Silver collections. DC Legends. More Batman events.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Kind of disappointed by the solicits. A lot of Rebirth trades coming in, but not a lot of older runs and stories. No news on that Swamp Thing omni, which I'm dying to see. Checkmate is interesting, DC is further pushing their old love for Rucka.
    I was pleasantly surprised at the pricing on the Rebirth trades; $16.99 for 8 issues is pretty damn good, especially compared to Marvel these days.

On the other hand, I wasn't so happy to see the new edition of GL: Emerald Dawn is $29.99...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Questions for anyone reading the New 52:

Can I read Omega Men without spoiling Green Lantern? I haven't gotten to the Green Lantern books yet, but I really want to read Omega Men.

Can I read Titans Hunt without spoiling Nightwing/Grayson? How about Justice League / Aquaman / Flash? (I've read up through Wonder Woman vol 8 so I know what the Finches did to Donna and I'm expecting Titans Hunt to fix it. I also don't care about reading any previous N52 Teen Titans stuff so if there's spoilers for that, whatever.)

Thanks guys!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    I really love Scalped, but I agree, Southern Bastards has been phenomenal. I think every issue has been quite powerful and thought provoking. It will be interesting to compare and see if my opinion changes one day when they finish it. They really need to work on speeding up the release schedule though. Only getting 3-4 issues a year now has become frustrating.
    Yeah that sucks. I don't mind every other month, but 1 a quarter isn't good at all. This is why I wait for trades. I'll just binge read.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Oh, for sure. Don't get me wrong, I still *like* the lot of them and buy their books, but I sometimes find them overpraised.

In fact, I could go for a deluxe Wake. I never did finish it. And SGM is great.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, sometimes I'll read something and it's good or even great, and then it ends and I'm all, "That's it? That's the ending?"

I'd definitely doubledip on a deluxe Wake.

Speaking of deluxe, I just found out Superman American Alien is not a deluxe. Just standard. Supposed to have lots of extras and it has a nice inner cover under the dust jacket, instead of the plain black. But still. No deluxe. That's a shame. Such great art in the series too. I'll still buy it cause I'm a sucker, but I'll never understand the logic behind DC's collected editions.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Questions for anyone reading the New 52:

Can I read Omega Men without spoiling Green Lantern? I haven't gotten to the Green Lantern books yet, but I really want to read Omega Men.

Can I read Titans Hunt without spoiling Nightwing/Grayson? How about Justice League / Aquaman / Flash? (I've read up through Wonder Woman vol 8 so I know what the Finches did to Donna and I'm expecting Titans Hunt to fix it. I also don't care about reading any previous N52 Teen Titans stuff so if there's spoilers for that, whatever.)

Thanks guys!
    Don't know about the others but Omega Men reads like a secluded mini series and even though I haven't read the other GL titles I'm pretty damn sure it doesn't spoil anything. It's pretty great so I really recommend it
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised at the pricing on the Rebirth trades; $16.99 for 8 issues is pretty damn good, especially compared to Marvel these days.

On the other hand, I wasn't so happy to see the new edition of GL: Emerald Dawn is $29.99...
    Exactly. I will gladly take that price. Emerald Dawn is...pricey. I'm sure IST will have a 50% sale on it when its released.

Repost from the marvel thread for exposure.

Does anyone know how to check if diamond is completely out of a book or not? Or if it's even possible without being a comic shop...

Does anyone know how to check if diamond is completely out of a book or not? Or if it's even possible without being a comic shop...
    Bump and Good Question! I've always wanted to know that too!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I don't think its possible unless you're a retailer going through them...I think your best bet would be asking your LCS crew to look it up for you. Or if you have a buddy online who works at a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I don't think its possible unless you're a retailer going through them...I think your best bet would be asking your LCS crew to look it up for you. Or if you have a buddy online who works at a shop.
    I wonder if there are any forum members here that own a comic book shop?
    Just think how popular he/she could become letting us know when items are about to go out of stock!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....