View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Is the new Jonah Hex HC worth getting? Never read anything like it. Not sure how it’s aged. For those who are familiar with it, could you offer your opinions? Thanks in advance.
    UPS just brought mine from IST this afternoon. While I can't comment on how the writing has aged, the production and presentation of the book looks great. Nice design, nice paper, and as a blind buy, is something I'm looking forward to diving into.

Is anyone reading any current books? ("current") is Justice League Odyssey any good? Love Abnett on Earth2 he did a few years back and of course his Aquaman run(even if the ending was... Wavey). Curious about this JL title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Is anyone reading any current books? ("current") is Justice League Odyssey any good? Love Abnett on Earth2 he did a few years back and of course his Aquaman run(even if the ending was... Wavey). Curious about this JL title.
    yeah great book. nothing groundbreaking but some really exciting moments especially if you're a fan of Cyborg or Jessica Cruz.

i'm not a fan of team books that shake up the roster more than a few times. JLO unfortunately does that. the story is consistent and engaging though, so I'd say it's worth a grab.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Agree with the above. I'm really enjoying it - first time I've been impressed by someone augmenting a Morrison concept. It's a lot of fun.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

My favorite format depends, in general I prefer the Omnibus, more bang for your buck but if it is an artist I particularly love, say Ivan Reis on Sinestro Corps War or Jim Lee X-Men XXL or even a Perez on COIE then the absolute version where it just seems like you are getting more detail just more in general is my preference.

The Ennis Hellblazer Omni came in and out of stock at IST in record time. They had it for just a couple days before it went unavailable. I'm sure they'll get more soon, or not so soon, but still, everything is so precarious right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    yeah great book. nothing groundbreaking but some really exciting moments especially if you're a fan of Cyborg or Jessica Cruz.

i'm not a fan of team books that shake up the roster more than a few times. JLO unfortunately does that. the story is consistent and engaging though, so I'd say it's worth a grab.
    Thanks to you and Bob Schoonover! It sounded like a real interesting concept, I'll have to check it out. Much LIKE Abnetts other work, I doubt it'll be collected in a better, neater collection.

Astonishing Member

Any word on those DC collected editions that were cancelled this time last year? I really wanted the Justice League of America Bronze Age Omnibus to continue, since it just got into the heart of the "satellite era".

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Any word on those DC collected editions that were cancelled this time last year? I really wanted the Justice League of America Bronze Age Omnibus to continue, since it just got into the heart of the "satellite era".
    Bronze Age Brave and Bold Vol. 3 is finally resolicited for later in the year.

No word on JLA BA - just the Wedding HC that was recently released. I picked it up but would buy the larger omni if there was a double dip opportunity.

Jonah Hex just landed as well. Highly recommend it even if it's not in my preferred Omnibus format.
    Last edited by Seeker; 05-14-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Amazing Member

Any rumblings of The Unwritten deluxe series continuing? If Animal Man and Jack of Fables can be finished, I’m hoping that one picks back up too.

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Any rumblings of The Unwritten deluxe series continuing? If Animal Man and Jack of Fables can be finished, I’m hoping that one picks back up too.
    There's nothing in DC's latest Edelweiss catalogue, which covers up to the end of January next year.

Personally, I think it's very unlikely they'll restart these reprints in the forseeable future. While Animal Man and JoF have lengthy gaps between volumes, they have been published as solicited (so far anyway, in the case of Animal Man). OTOH, DC ended up cancelling the second deluxe for Unwritten before publication, presumably due to low orders. I can't see them resoliciting it again.

If sales on the Lucifer omnis are good, we might, just might, see an Unwritten Omnibus series at some point. But that's pure speculation on my part.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Bronze Age Brave and Bold Vol. 3 is finally resolicited for later in the year.
    January 2021

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Hows the binding on the Jonah Hex omnibus?

Anyone got pics?
    Miller was right.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BLACKEST NIGHT BRIGHTEST DAY BOX SET
    written by GEOFF JOHNS, PETER J. TOMASI, and others
    art by IVAN REIS, PATRICK GLEASON, and others
    new box art by IVAN REIS and OCLAIR ALBERT
    A war has been brewing between the different colored Lantern Corps, with the Green Lanterns fighting the Yellow, the Red trying to destroy everything, and the Blue attempting to broker peace among the tribes. But the real battle is yet to come: the undead Black Lanterns are coming and seemingly nothing can stop them. Putting aside old vendettas, it’s up to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps to lead DC’s greatest champions as well as their deadliest foes in a battle to save the universe from an army of the dead. Then, once dead heroes Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Deadman, Jade, Osiris, Hawk, Captain Boomerang, and Zoom must discover the mysterious reason behind their return and uncover the secret that binds them!
    This eye-popping box set includes 12 brand-new hardcovers that collect this entire epic, featuring stories by top DC talent including Geoff Johns, Peter J. Tomasi, Ivan Reis, and many more!
    Plus, this box set also includes a set of nine plastic rings from across the spectrum of the many Corps that are a part of this story!
    ON SALE 11.17.20
    $299.99 US | FC
    Includes 12 new hardcover collections!
    • Blackest Night: Prelude collects Green Lantern #26-28 and 36-43, and Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns #1
    • Blackest Night collects Blackest Night #0-8 and pages from Untold Tales of the Blackest Night #1
    • Blackest Night: Green Lantern collects Green Lantern #44-52
    • Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps collects Green Lantern Corps #39-47
    • Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Book 1 collects Blackest Night: Batman #1-3, Blackest Night: Superman #1-3, and Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #1-3
    • Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Book 2 collects Blackest Night: The Flash #1-3, Blackest Night: JSA #1-3, and Blackest Night: Titans #1-3
    • Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns collects The Atom & Hawkman #48, Phantom Stranger #42, Green Arrow #30, Adventure Comics #7, Starman #81, The Question #37, Catwoman #83, Weird Western Tales #71, and The Power of Shazam! #38
    • Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps collects Blackest Night: Tales of the Black Lanterns #1-3, Adventure Comics #4-5, Untold Tales of the Blackest Night #1, stories from Green Lantern #18-20, 40, and 49, Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps: Secret Files #1, Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Superman-Prime #1, and pages from Blackest Night #0
    • Brightest Day: Green Lantern collects Green Lantern #53-62
    • Brightest Day Book 1 collects Brightest Day #0-11
    • Brightest Day Book 2 collects Brightest Day #12-25
    • The Book of the Black collects sketch material (both previously released and new), series proposals, variant covers, posters, Blackest Night outline scripts, and more.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

AQUAMAN: DEADLY WATERS DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by STEVE SKEATES
    art by JIM APARO
    cover by NICK CARDY
    In this new Silver Age collection, Ocean Master returns with a dire warning as aliens transport Aquaman to another realm! With Atlantis now without its protector, Black Manta strikes! And when Aquaman returns, he soon realizes that he and Manta are both victims of a larger scheme! Collects Aquaman #49-56 for the first time in a new deluxe edition.
    ON SALE 08.11.20
    $39.99 US | 208 PAGES