View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 677 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 1775776276676736746756766776786796806816877277771177 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 21657
    Amazing Member

I noticed with the change in logo for DC, about 5 years ago that some of the omnibusses were available with old and new logo, like the Flash omnibus I believe.

Has this happened often?
    Because I would like some of the omnibusses available to have the logo match the upcoming ones in the same run..

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post
    I noticed with the change in logo for DC, about 5 years ago that some of the omnibusses were available with old and new logo, like the Flash omnibus I believe.

Has this happened often?
    Because I would like some of the omnibusses available to have the logo match the upcoming ones in the same run..
    I've never noticed this, but I wouldn't be surprised that with successive printings (2nd print, 3rd print) that there could be changes to the dust jacket such as a logo change.

I wish that the logos would be "period appropriate" for the various publications. Like with the two Golden Age Batman omnis on my shelf, the first has the peel-away logo and the second volume has the new 2016 logo. For the sake of consistency, and just because it would be cool, I wish both just had the old ca. 1940 logo. And wouldn't it be cool to have the bullet on 80's and 90's reprints?

Related, I wish the two GA Batman omnis trade dress were the same color, instead of slightly (but noticeably) different. Just a nitpick though; ultimately I'm just glad they exist and hope to see many more volumes.

Incredible Member

Flex Mentallo deluxe-- I've had my eye on this one for ages now, but it keeps getting pushed down the list. Can I go into it completely cold, not having read anything about the character or Doom Patrol before?

EDIT: Ditto for Tom King's The Omega Men. I mean, obviously I'm familiar with Kyle, but I've not kept up (at all) with his career as a White Lantern, and I have no clue who the Omega Men are. Accessible?
    Last edited by titansupes; 08-22-2016 at 08:10 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Flex Mentallo deluxe-- I've had my eye on this one for ages now, but it keeps getting pushed down the list. Can I go into it completely cold, not having read anything about the character or Doom Patrol before?

EDIT: Ditto for Tom King's The Omega Men. I mean, obviously I'm familiar with Kyle, but I've not kept up (at all) with his career as a White Lantern, and I have no clue who the Omega Men are. Accessible?
    With respect to Omega Men, accessible. I actually picked it up having never read/watched/been told about any Green Lantern or Omega Men story ever, and I freaking loved that book.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post

yeah, Flex is a standalone. I've read it before Doom Patro land it has nothing to do with it. It helps if you are familiar with Morrison's life from interview or podcasts and also don't forget to read the foreword which is a fictional history about the publication of the character.
    Also warning: it is a black belt Morrison read but very entertaining and rewarding if you are into his more mind bending books.

Fantastic Member

I present to you the HCs from the November solicitations:

BATMAN: DEATH AND THE MAIDENS DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by GREG RUCKA
    Art and cover by KLAUS JANSON
    In this new Deluxe Edition collecting the classic nine-issue miniseries, a dying Ra’s al Ghul must beg Batman for help against a woman who once shared his life. In exchange, he offers the Dark Knight the chance to speak with his dead parents! But what they say to him will profoundly affect both the man and the hero. This collection includes behind-the-scenes unused art and sketches by artist Klaus Janson.
    On sale JANUARY 25 • 240 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US

DEADMAN: KELLEY JONES GALLERY EDITION HC
    Written by MIKE BARON
    Art and cover by KELLEY JONES
    Advance solicit • On sale January 2017 • 228 pg. FC, 12” x 17” • $125.00 US
    The unmistakable art of Kelley Jones sets the mood for two gothic thrillers in the new DEADMAN: KELLEY JONES GALLERY EDITION. Collecting Jones’ artwork from DEADMAN: LOVE AFTER DEATH #1-2 and DEADMAN: EXORCISM #1-2, this Smythe-sewn hardcover edition is sourced from the original boards and showcases the boldly dramatic line art that established Jones’ creative style prior to his work on Batman and other DC characters. Both tales were written by Mike Baron and first published in 1989 and 1992.
    Graphitti Designs’ Gallery Editions replicate the look, feel and attitude of the original artwork. Every page is reproduced at full board size on heavy paper stock to provide fans and collectors with museum-quality reproductions that are unobtainable from any other source.
    Aerialist Boston Brand comes to (after)life as never before in these graceful, moody pages. Experience the glory of Kelley Jones’ legendary DEADMAN artwork here in all its haunting beauty!

HARLEY QUINN VOL. 6: BLACK, WHITE AND RED ALL OVER HC
    Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
    Art by CHAD HARDIN and JOHN TIMMS
    Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    In the aftermath of her encounter with The Joker, Harley’s head is spinning, and she wants nothing more than to get back to her normal life...but she should know by now there’s no such thing! Harley’s known for her even temperament and economy of language—oh, we can’t even finish that sentence. Let’s face it: she’s crazy, and she talks too much. So what happens when she discovers a nemesis even more insane and more hyper-loquacious? It’s Harley vs. the unbelievable Redtool in these tales from HARLEY QUINN #26-30.
    On sale JANUARY 18 • 144 pg, FC, $24.99 US

JACK OF FABLES: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
    Written by BILL WILLINGHAM and MATTHEW STURGES
    Art by TONY AKINS, RUSS BRAUN, BRIAN BOLLAND and others
    Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    From the pages of FABLES, Jack is back in a new series of Deluxe Editions collecting issues #1-16! As a wayward Fable in the heartland of America, Jack encounters other renegade Fables as the series begins. Find out how Jack stole the Snow Queen’s powers to become Jack Frost, and witness Jack’s arrival in Las Vegas, where he meets and weds an heiress!
    On sale JANUARY 18 • 400 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

Fantastic Member

And some "fat" TPBs:

52 VOL. 2 TP
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS, GRANT MORRISON, GREG RUCKA and MARK WAID
    Art by JOE BENNETT, CHRIS BATISTA, EDDY BARROWS, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, KEITH GIFFEN and others
    Cover by J.G. JONES
    The story of the DC Universe’s most eventful year concludes in this final 
action-packed volume in the series featuring an epic war between the planet’s 
super-powered beings. Discover the final fates of the stars of the series 52 #27-52!
    On sale DECEMBER 28 • 616 pg, FC, $34.99 US

BATMAN AND ROBIN ADVENTURES VOL. 1 TP
    Written by PAUL DINI and TY TEMPLETON
    Art by TY TEMPLETON, RICK BURCHETT, TIM HARKINS and BRANDON KRUSE
    Cover by TY TEMPLETON
    In these all-ages tales collected here for the first time, Gotham City’s most iconic foes are poised to strike—but they’ll have to get through the Dynamic Duo first! Batman and Robin face off against the likes of The Joker, Two Face, Riddler and more. This title collects BATMAN & ROBIN ADVENTURES #1-10
    On sale DECEMBER 14 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US

BIRDS OF PREY VOL. 3 TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON
    Art by GREG LAND, BUTCH GUICE, DICK GIORDANO and others
    Cover by GREG LAND and BRIAN STELFREEZE
    In these stories from BIRDS OF PREY #12-21 and NIGHTWING #45-46, Black Canary and Catwoman accidentally catch a boom tube to Apokolips, where they must outwit Lashina and face the wrath of Darkseid! Plus, the Birds capture The Joker, face off with Blockbuster’s crew and make a deal with Gorilla Grodd!
    On sale DECEMBER 28 • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US

DMZ BOOK THREE TP
    Written by BRIAN WOOD
    Art by RICARDO BURCHIELLI and others
    Cover by BRIAN WOOD
    In these tales from DMZ #29-44, after a misadventure in Staten Island, Matty returns to find Parco Delgado in office as provisional governor of New York. Matty’s first task under the Delgado regime? Tracking down one of the DMZ’s greatest urban legends.
    On sale DECEMBER 14 • 392 pg, FC, $24.99 US • MATURE READERS

THE FLASH BY MARK WAID BOOK ONE TP
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art by GREG LAROCQUE, JOSE MARZAN JR., MICHAEL COLLINS, TRAVIS CHAREST, MIKE PAROBECK and others
    Montage cover
    Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are canceled.
    In 1990, Mark Waid’s legendary writing career began when he scripted his first issue of THE FLASH. Waid would continue to work on Wally West for nearly a decade, building a world that would keep the character running for years. In this first volume of a new series, Young Wally West is quickly in danger—not only from The Flash’s enemies, but from powers that he doesn’t know how to control! Collects THE FLASH SPECIAL #1, THE FLASH #62-68 and THE FLASH ANNUAL #4-5.
    RESOLICIT • On sale DECEMBER 7 • 368 pg, FC, $24.99 US

JLA VOL. 9 TP
    Written by KURT BUSIEK, GEOFF JOHNS, ALLAN HEINBERG and BOB HARRAS
    Art by CHRIS BATISTA, TOM DERENICK and RON GARNEY
    Cover by RAGS MORALES and MARK FARMER
    In the wake of IDENTITY CRISIS, the JLA decides the time has come to tell Batman that they stole part of his memory. But the League is attacked by the Secret Society of Super-Villains—out for vengeance now that their own memories are restored. As the JLA battles, the Martian Manhunter confronts Despero—and by the time the dust settles, the JLA may have won the battle but they’ve lost the war! Don’t miss these stories from JLA #107-125 and JLA SECRET FILES 2004 #1, including stories cowritten by Geoff Johns and Allan Heinberg!
    On sale DECEMBER 28 • 480 pg, FC, $29.99 US

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 2 TP
    Written by GARDNER FOX
    Art by MIKE SEKOWSKY and BERNARD SACHS
    Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    In these tales from the early 1960s, the Justice League of America assembles to take on the threats of some of its greatest foes, including Felix Faust, Dr. Light, the Maestro, the Tornado Tyrant and more. Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #9-19.
    On sale DECEMBER 14 • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US

SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE BOOK TWO TP
    Written by MATT WAGNER and STEVEN T. SEAGLE
    Art by GUY DAVIS, VINCE LOCKE, ALEX ROSS, GEORGE PRATT, PETER SNEJBJERG, DEAN ORMSTON and others
    Cover by GAVIN WILSON
    Don’t miss these epics from SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE #13-24 and ANNUAL #1! In “The Vamp,” Wesley Dodds dreams of grisly murders as young socialites are found drained of blood. Then, in “The Scorpion,” a whip-wielding madman has targeted the Sandman. And in “Dr. Death,” the elderly in Manhattan are dying under mysterious circumstances, and it’s up to the Sandman to stop the murderer!
    On sale DECEMBER 28 • 384 pg, FC, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

SUICIDE SQUAD VOL. 5: APOKOLIPS NOW TP
    Written by JOHN OSTRANDER and KIM YALE
    Art by JOHN K. SNYDER III, GRANT MIEHM, LUKE MCDONNELL and others
    Cover by JOHN K. SNYDER III
    In these action-packed stories from SUICIDE SQUAD #31-39, Task Force X is sent to Iran to prevent an execution, only to wind up rerouted to Apokolips—along with Shade, the Changing Man! It will take all their power to survive the onslaught of the Female Furies and find their way back home again!
    On sale DECEMBER 7 • 224 pg, FC, $19.99 US

Mighty Member

Can Jack of Fables be enjoyed on its own? I passed on the fables hc's cause i didn't want to collect 15 volumes (i mean, they did 100 bullets in 5). Hopefully will get some omni's down the road.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    DEADMAN: KELLEY JONES GALLERY EDITION HC
    Written by MIKE BARON
    Art and cover by KELLEY JONES
    Advance solicit • On sale January 2017 • 228 pg. FC, 12” x 17” • $125.00 US
    The unmistakable art of Kelley Jones sets the mood for two gothic thrillers in the new DEADMAN: KELLEY JONES GALLERY EDITION. Collecting Jones’ artwork from DEADMAN: LOVE AFTER DEATH #1-2 and DEADMAN: EXORCISM #1-2, this Smythe-sewn hardcover edition is sourced from the original boards and showcases the boldly dramatic line art that established Jones’ creative style prior to his work on Batman and other DC characters. Both tales were written by Mike Baron and first published in 1989 and 1992.
    Graphitti Designs’ Gallery Editions replicate the look, feel and attitude of the original artwork. Every page is reproduced at full board size on heavy paper stock to provide fans and collectors with museum-quality reproductions that are unobtainable from any other source.
    Aerialist Boston Brand comes to (after)life as never before in these graceful, moody pages. Experience the glory of Kelley Jones’ legendary DEADMAN artwork here in all its haunting beauty!
    I had no idea how much I needed this until now.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DEADMAN: KELLEY JONES GALLERY EDITION HC Cover:

Collecting Jones’ artwork from DEADMAN: LOVE AFTER DEATH #1-2 and DEADMAN: EXORCISM #1-2

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BATMAN: DEATH AND THE MAIDENS DELUXE EDITION HC Cover by KLAUS JANSON:

Collecting the classic nine-issue miniseries.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Can Jack of Fables be enjoyed on its own? I passed on the fables hc's cause i didn't want to collect 15 volumes (i mean, they did 100 bullets in 5). Hopefully will get some omni's down the road.
    I've read the first few trades and I think its fine on its own. They make some references to Fabletown but nothing that you are missing out of that I can see at the moment. There is a crossover event somewhere in there and I don't know how it plays out. FWIW I would give Fables a go too, its fantastic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    I've read the first few trades and I think its fine on its own. They make some references to Fabletown but nothing that you are missing out of that I can see at the moment. There is a crossover event somewhere in there and I don't know how it plays out. FWIW I would give Fables a go too, its fantastic.
    Thanks. I've read the first 2 trades, so I'm a little familiar with it. Really just being picky at this point, waiting for a better collection of it. I have to do this to myself (series im interested in, in a specific format) in order to keep my spending/collection size in check. Of course, this causes me to miss out on some things, but there's only so much space and so many dollars
    Last edited by awayne83; 08-23-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    How many New 52 deluxe/ohc and absolutes have we gotten? Off the top of my head:

OHC
    SS Swamp Thing
    SS/Lee Superman Unchained
    Mieville Dial H
    Lemire/Sorrentino Green Arrow
    Multiversity

Omnibus
    All those goofy single issue omnibuses

Absolutes
    Azz/Chiang Wonder Woman (forthcoming)

I'm sure I missed a few.

Lemire's Animal man would be a lovely addition though, as would a few other runs
    Isn't there an Absolute Batman Court of Owls?

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post

Has this happened often?
    Everything that's being printed now will have the new DC logo, so if you must have uniform logos you're going to have to hope for new printings of books in series that are already out. Like I suspect the Batman No Man's Land string of books is going to drive people nuts. Those date back to the pre-New 52 logo, then switched to the New 52 peel logo, and now any later printings will have the newest logo.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    With respect to Omega Men, accessible. I actually picked it up having never read/watched/been told about any Green Lantern or Omega Men story ever, and I freaking loved that book.
    Perfect, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah, Flex is a standalone. I've read it before Doom Patro land it has nothing to do with it. It helps if you are familiar with Morrison's life from interview or podcasts and also don't forget to read the foreword which is a fictional history about the publication of the character.
    Also warning: it is a black belt Morrison read but very entertaining and rewarding if you are into his more mind bending books.
    Hmm... I love me some Morrison, but I'm not sure if I've reached black belt status yet! Will have to think a bit longer. Cheers for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    BATMAN: DEATH AND THE MAIDENS DELUXE EDITION HC Cover by KLAUS JANSON:

Collecting the classic nine-issue miniseries.
    I've somehow never heard of this story before. You guys recommend it?