View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 783 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2836837337737797807817827837847857867877938338831283 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,745 of 21672
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Takachulo View Post
    I believe the exact wording is "new version". There were problems with the previous releases, so it might mean they fix those, but nobody knows for sure.
    Yeah, the solicits don't make much sense. $150.00 for not even thirty issues can't be true.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    will there be a new Wolfman/Perez collection ? i also have all 3 of their The New Teen Titans Omnibuses (thanks to Geoff Johns's run) but i didn't know that there will be new prints of Wolfman/Perez run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takachulo View Post
    I believe the exact wording is "new version". There were problems with the previous releases, so it might mean they fix those, but nobody knows for sure.
    Yes, that's what I meant. I think it collects a few more issues than the original volume 1 and like FlashingSabre said it's ridiculously priced at $150. Right now anyway. Hoping that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I like BKV and I know I read his Batman stuff but I don't remember it. Was it any good?

I do remember his Swamp Thing run. I read it monthly and it was certainly underrated and, sadly, he had to wrap it up quickly at the end. There was a great issue where Tefe meets Constantine and they clearly don't like each other but each of their abilities cancels out the others. The series was definitely ahead of its time and I don't think readers were ready for a Tefe series.

This is a great book. I thought it was oop. I'm also looking forward to the new Wolfman/Perez collection.
    I took a peek at some of BkVs ST, and it doesn't look too bad. I think if they had renamed it, it would have done better sales wise.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    They just recently printed his Swamp Thing run in a couple of fat TPBs within the past couple of years.

If the contents of the BKV Batman book are correct, then it just looks like a reprint of the False Faces collection. I can't remember if the initial HC solicit was a deluxe edition or not, but that would have been the only real upgrade for those who already own False Faces in HC.
    False Faces is just a regular trim size hardcover.

Amazing Member

Question Batman from the beginning.

So I am going to start at the very beginning and am what has the best value in color.
    It seems to me that huge omnibus would be uncomfortable to read or I would go with that.
    Any suggestions?

Looks like the first batch of Rebirth trades are out this week. Green Arrow and Superman. I know GA is considered Widely mediocre here, but anyone plan of picking them up?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Looks like the first batch of Rebirth trades are out this week. Green Arrow and Superman. I know GA is considered Widely mediocre here, but anyone plan of picking them up?
    I'm waiting for the HC's
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoth rebel View Post
    So I am going to start at the very beginning and am what has the best value in color.
    It seems to me that huge omnibus would be uncomfortable to read or I would go with that.
    Any suggestions?
    A couple of things to bear in mind here,

1) Your talking about over 75 years worth of comics, usually at least 2 a month (Detective and Batman), that is probably waaaay more comics than you realise
    2) of those 75 years of publishing it goes without saying that even Batman went through some pretty rough periods (it was even going to be canceled at one point in the late 60s)
    3) The writing style in the first 30-40 years of comics is so very different to anything thats out now that if your not already familiar with it it can be very jarring and unpleasent for some
    4) Not all of it has actually been reprinted, and some of it (a lot of the silver age stuff) is only available in black and white still.

If you still want to start from the very begining then DC are splitting the big Golden Age Omnibus into multiple smaller paperback volumes, the first of which can be found here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Gold...dp/140126333X/

Incredible Member

I've been getting both of these series in single issues, the first trade of both these series are worth picking up, the quality of GA after this trade drops off quite dramatically though.

I'll still be buying the GA trades to sit on the shelf with all my other GA trades and Superman I'll wait for the deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I've been getting both of these series in single issues, the first trade of both these series are worth picking up, the quality of GA after this trade drops off quite dramatically though.

I'll still be buying the GA trades to sit on the shelf with all my other GA trades and Superman I'll wait for the deluxe.
    Interesting. I'm really excited by how affordable these trades will be. Especially coupled with ISTs 45% off, I should be able to get 6 or so before I even reach $50. I have a few series I'm definitely getting, but GA is one I've hears massively negative things about. I'm not too big of a GA fan than I need some content. But I'll consider the first volume on your recommendation.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

The subreddit loves them both right now. Supposedly they're the best Rebirth books.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    The subreddit loves them both right now. Supposedly they're the best Rebirth books.
    I don't take that place in very high esteem these days... I much prefer the opinion of the long time hard core vets here. Even if the critisim is harsh, its not without foundation or logical reasoning. Rebirth appeals more to newer fans I guess.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    False Faces is just a regular trim size hardcover.
    Yeah I know. I was referring to the initial HC solicit of Batman by BKV.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I'm waiting for the HC's
    Me too. Normally it would feel like an eternity but there is so much other stuff to read right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Me too. Normally it would feel like an eternity but there is so much other stuff to read right now.
    I want these WW trades in HC but I want to read it when it comes out of the oven, so to speak