View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 704 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 2046046546947007017027037047057067077087147548041204 ... LastLast
Results 10,546 to 10,560 of 21657
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Adam Strange: The Silver Age Omnibus just popped up on amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Adam-Strange-...n%3A7421485011
    That's extremely random. No way it sells better than a Mark Waid Flash Omni would
    Cyclops was right

Saw this on the omnibus facebook page

JLA: Year One Deluxe HC

https://www.amazon.com/JLA-Year-Delu...n%3A7421491011

This was a great limited series.

Didn't they already have that announced? With some killer cover art to boot. Or was that just an oversized volume?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I'm trying to plan my Rebirth trades, anyone actually reading them as new floppies? I haven't heard a lot about most of them. Titles like GLs, WW,SS, Supergirl, Titans and Aquaman are a definitive shoe in.
    I'm reading batman, detective, nightwing, superman, titans, flash and hellblazer.

But I'll probably drop titans. The rest are good so far

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    I'm reading batman, detective, nightwing, superman, titans, flash and hellblazer.

But I'll probably drop titans. The rest are good so far
    What's wrong with Titans? I'm actually pretty excited about that one.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    No.
    (10 characters)
    Guess I'm going to have to settle for the TPBS than. *sigh*
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Guess I'm going to have to settle for the TPBS than. *sigh*
    Honestly, it's impossible to predict whether it will get one or not with DC. This is the company whose first New 52 deluxe edition was Dial H of all things. Also the same company whose first New 52 omnibus is Flash by Manapul/Buccellato (a run that, while fun, is hardly considered in the upper tier). Who knows, really. Grayson is a perfect length for a deluxe edition, so I can only hope.

Amazing Member

What even deserves an omnibus/deluxe from New 52? Wonder Woman is getting an Absolute, Court of Owls got an Absolute, I think Johns Aquaman is getting an omni. Johns JL wasn't all that great. Maybe Morrison's Action Comics, Omega Men definitely deserves a deluxe or Absolute.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    What even deserves an omnibus/deluxe from New 52? Wonder Woman is getting an Absolute, Court of Owls got an Absolute, I think Johns Aquaman is getting an omni. Johns JL wasn't all that great. Maybe Morrison's Action Comics, Omega Men definitely deserves a deluxe or Absolute.
    Despite a lot of peoples negative attitude to the New 52 there were still plenty of good books that deserve the oversized treatment.

Johns Justice League definitely deserves it.
    Soules Swamp Thing
    Lemires Animal Man
    Tomasi Batman & Robin
    You could omni Snyders Batman
    It wouldn't be in my list but I'm sure a lot of people would buy a Simone Batgirl collection

Id like Frankenstein, Demon Knights and I, Vampire collections (even if I, Vampire fell apart a little at then end when sorrentino came off art duty)

Throw Batman Eternal into an omnibus.

Grayson would be nice but it dropped in quality after King left and stopping at that point ina collection would bee weird.

You could get a Trinity War/Forever Evil + a companion collection, just ya know, toss Blight into a dumpster fire and accidentally leave it out of both books.

There's probably more but this was just off the top of my head.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Despite a lot of peoples negative attitude to the New 52 there were still plenty of good books that deserve the oversized treatment.

Soules Swamp Thing
    Lemires Animal Man
    Tomasi Batman & Robin
    It wouldn't be in my list but I'm sure a lot of people would buy a Simone Batgirl collection

Id like Frankenstein, Demon Knights and I, Vampire collections (even if I, Vampire fell apart a little at then end when sorrentino came off art duty)

Grayson would be nice but it dropped in quality after King left and stopping at that point ina collection would bee weird.

You could get a Trinity War/Forever Evil + a companion collection, just ya know, toss Blight into a dumpster fire and accidentally leave it out of both books.

Your list is pretty much spot on. Harley Quinn might get/deserve one, too.

I'd add JH Williams's Batwoman, but given the creative/editorial debacle around it that led to it ending right at the climax of a hugely exciting arc, followed by a hack-job single issue wrap up by the new guy that really did take a hatchet to the whole thing, it's probably forever unsuitable for prestige collections. Really great job, DC!

New 52 was a creative debacle that destroyed more good things than it created in its wake. But it did create some good things and wasn't entirely a wasteland. Hard not to feel much of the good stuff would have been even better in the old universe with all the "real" characters and their histories and relationships, though.

How's Justice League 3000/3001?

I die a little bit inside every time I think how DC mishandled Batwoman. One of the best Nu52 titles that got completely butchered.

Nonetheless the series is begging for an Absolute Edition especially for JH Williams' art.

Soules Swamp Thing
    Lemires Animal Man
    Tomasi Batman & Robin

Finally, some love for I,Vampire. I'm actually surprised Batman Eternal and Futures End didn't receive an Omnibus treatment. Of course, FE was garbage...but still. I do wonder if In a few years they'll release a Johns JL omni, including Forever Evil and the Darksied War. A lot of people dislike his run, but its really enjoyable.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    For those of you who plan to buy or were thinking of buying the Golden Age Wonder Woman Omnibus volume 1, which goes on sale soon, you should know that DC's often slipshod quality control has struck again.

The contents of the Omnibus are listed as All Star 8, Sensation 1-24, and Wonder Woman 1-7. In other words, the Wonder Woman material that is cover-dated 1942 to 1943.

However, the summer intern that is in charge of putting these Omnibuses together has forgotten that Wonder Woman also appeared in Comic Cavalcade and that in the 1942-1943 timespan, issues 1 to 5 were published and should be included in this Omnibus.
    DC's website includes Comic Cavalcade 1-4 in the description for the omnibus. Don't scare people away from it; we'll never get a second one!

Incredible Member

Consideirng the book isn't out for another couple of weeks has this actually been confirmed anywhere? As in has anyone seen the actual book to say it definitly does not have the comic cavalcade appearances.

If its just based off the solicitations then DCs solicitations are more frequently wrong then the books themselves so its probably worth waiting til someone receives a copy and can clarify.
    Exactly. Solicits are often wrong, and if this omni is intended to combine the first three Wonder Woman Chronicles volumes, then it should collect the Comic Cavalcade issues, since they're in there.

I freak out as much as anyone when issues get left out, but let's wait until someone actually sees the volume before assuming the worst.

It looks like Amazon cancelled that Doom Patrol omnibus.
    We need better comics