View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1369 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 36986912691319135913651366136713681369137013711372137313791419 ... LastLast
Results 20,521 to 20,535 of 21662
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    The contents for volume 7 are listed as Action Comics #125-143, Superman #55-65, and World's Finest Comics #37-47, running into summer 1950. If we’re using World’s Finest #70-71 as the dividing line, probably three more volumes, maybe four. (Batman had nine GA volumes, but Superman appeared a year earlier and had more appearances, so figure ten or eleven volumes.)
    Oof, so definitely a bit of a wait even with a consistent publishing schedule, and assuming the just get right into it. Thanks for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The next batch of collections are beginning to trickle through on PRH. Mainly current series, or recent minis/one shots, but here are some books with older material:

Fables 20th Anniversary Box Set - Paperback. No content listed, but it presumably contains all 22 trades.
    Talon by James Tynion IV - Paperback. Collects Talon #0 to 17
    The Question by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus Vol. 1 - Hardcover. Collects The Question #1-27, The Question Annual #1, Green Arrow Annual #1, and Detective Comics Annual #1.
    Found some more

Legion of Super-Heroes Five Years Later Omnibus Vol. 2 - HC. Collects L.E.G.I.O.N. #69-70. Legion of Super-Heroes #40-61, Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #4, Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #5, Legionnaires #1-18, Legionnaires Annual #1, ,Valor #20-23, and Who's Who Update 1993 #1.
    Gotham Central Omnibus (2022 edition) - HC. Collects issues #1-40.
    Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes (mass market edition) - Paperback. Collects issues #1-8. (I'm guessing the page count and cover price are wrong)
    Death: The Deluxe Edition (2022 edition)- HC. Collects Death: The High Cost of Living #1-3, Death: The Time of Your Life #1-3, the “Death Talks about Life” AIDS pamphlet, stories from Vertigo: Winter’s Edge #2 and The Sandman: Endless Nights, the short story “The Wheel” from the 9-11 tribute book, and The Sandman #8 and #20.
    Catwoman of East End Omnibus - HC. No contents listed. Based on page counts and credits, I'd guess it's the Big Score GN, and #1 to 36 of the 2002 Catwoman series. And hopefully the Catomwan stories from Detective Comics #759 to 762.
    Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 7 - Paperback. Collects Batman #474, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #27, Detective Comics #634-638, Detective Comics #641, Detective Comics #643, and Detective Comics Annual #4. Another one where the cover price and page count are wrong.
    New Gods Book Two: Advent of Darkness - Paperback. No contents listed. I'm presuming it's the follow on from New Gods Vol 1: Bloodlines and collects the rest of that series.
    John Constantine, Hellblazer Vol. 26: The Curse of the Constantines - Paperback. Collecting Hellblazer #292-300; Hellblazer Special: Bad Blood #1-4; Hellblazer Annual #1!
    Blue Beetle: Jaime Reyes Book One - Paperback. Collects Blue Beetle #1-12 (from 2006).
    The Batman Box Set - Paperback. Collects.... not a clue. You're guess is as good as mine.
    Batman: The Long Halloween: Catwoman When in Rome The Deluxe Edition - HC. Collecting Catwoman: When in Rome #1-6!
    Batman: The Penguin - Paperback. Collects Batman #155, Batman #374, Batman #548, Batman #549, Batman Arkham: Penguin #1, Detective Comics #610, Detective Comics #611, Detective Comics #824, Joker's Asylum: Penguin #1, and Penguin Triumphant #1.
    Justice League by Scott Snyder Deluxe Edition Book Three - HC. Collecting Justice League #26-39!
    The Sandman: The Deluxe Edition Book Five - HC. Collects The Sandman #70-75, The Sandman: The Dream Hunters #1-4, Sandman: Endless Nights {New Edition}, Sandman: Dream Hunters 30th Anniversary Edition (Prose Version), and Dust Covers: The Collected Sandman Covers.

Incredible Member

Yes! Gotham Central reprint finally!

Also may pick up the Brubaker Catwoman omnibus

Glad to see Dark Knight Detective vol 7 on the list, after this there should be one more volume to connect to the Prelude to Knightfall TPB (Detective Comics 644-653 and possibly Annual 5 & Batman Annual 16 which are Eclipso Darkness Within annuals)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Yes! Gotham Central reprint finally!
    I see people joke about this all the time, but I seriously picked up the smaller hardcovers for this yesterday, and today they announce this

Incredible Member

John Constantine, Hellblazer Vol. 26: The Curse of the Constantines - Paperback. Collecting Hellblazer #292-300; Hellblazer Special: Bad Blood #1-4; Hellblazer Annual #1!

With that all of the main Hellblazer series is now collected in TPB (there's a few mini-series they could put in a vol 27 hypothetically)

Spectacular Member

Batman: The Penguin - Paperback
    . Collects Batman #155, Batman #374, Batman #548, Batman #549, Batman Arkham: Penguin #1, Detective Comics #610, Detective Comics #611, Detective Comics #824, Joker's Asylum: Penguin #1, and Penguin Triumphant #1.
    The "Batman Arkham: Penguin" TPB from September 2018 had exactly the same contents, so what's the point here?

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Found some more

Legion of Super-Heroes Five Years Later Omnibus Vol. 2 - HC. Collects L.E.G.I.O.N. #69-70. Legion of Super-Heroes #40-61, Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #4, Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #5, Legionnaires #1-18, Legionnaires Annual #1, ,Valor #20-23, and Who's Who Update 1993 #1.
    Gotham Central Omnibus (2022 edition) - HC. Collects issues #1-40.
    Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes (mass market edition) - Paperback. Collects issues #1-8. (I'm guessing the page count and cover price are wrong)
    Death: The Deluxe Edition (2022 edition)- HC. Collects Death: The High Cost of Living #1-3, Death: The Time of Your Life #1-3, the “Death Talks about Life” AIDS pamphlet, stories from Vertigo: Winter’s Edge #2 and The Sandman: Endless Nights, the short story “The Wheel” from the 9-11 tribute book, and The Sandman #8 and #20.
    Catwoman of East End Omnibus - HC. No contents listed. Based on page counts and credits, I'd guess it's the Big Score GN, and #1 to 36 of the 2002 Catwoman series. And hopefully the Catomwan stories from Detective Comics #759 to 762.
    Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 7 - Paperback. Collects Batman #474, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #27, Detective Comics #634-638, Detective Comics #641, Detective Comics #643, and Detective Comics Annual #4. Another one where the cover price and page count are wrong.
    New Gods Book Two: Advent of Darkness - Paperback. No contents listed. I'm presuming it's the follow on from New Gods Vol 1: Bloodlines and collects the rest of that series.
    Blue Beetle: Jaime Reyes Book One - Paperback. Collects Blue Beetle #1-12 (from 2006).
    The Batman Box Set - Paperback. Collects.... not a clue. You're guess is as good as mine.
    Batman: The Long Halloween: Catwoman When in Rome The Deluxe Edition - HC. Collecting Catwoman: When in Rome #1-6!
    Batman: The Penguin - Paperback. Collects Batman #155, Batman #374, Batman #548, Batman #549, Batman Arkham: Penguin #1, Detective Comics #610, Detective Comics #611, Detective Comics #824, Joker's Asylum: Penguin #1, and Penguin Triumphant #1.
    Justice League by Scott Snyder Deluxe Edition Book Three - HC. Collecting Justice League #26-39!
    The Sandman: The Deluxe Edition Book Five - HC. Collects The Sandman #70-75, The Sandman: The Dream Hunters #1-4, Sandman: Endless Nights {New Edition}, Sandman: Dream Hunters 30th Anniversary Edition (Prose Version), and Dust Covers: The Collected Sandman Covers.
    Definitely pre-ordering The Question and LOSH Vol 2 omni’s, maybe even the 2 Catwoman collections

As they’re stating The Question Omni as vol 1, I’m guessing that a vol 2 will have issues 32-37, and the 5 quarterly issues, will they also add the Veitch m/s or anything else.

Does LOSH V2 take us up to zero hour and the reboot? I hope we then move onto the reboot next

Mighty Member

So, does anyone want my Question TPBs?

Looks like the second LoSH 5YL omni runs up to Zero Hour (and the two Legionnaires tpbs from a few years ago). That's nice work by DC's collected editions department to work that out (I **** on them enough I should do better about plaudits). Now, if they can just get a bit more of the Levitz run collected . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

Looks like the second LoSH 5YL omni runs up to Zero Hour (and the two Legionnaires tpbs from a few years ago). That's nice work by DC's collected editions department to work that out (I **** on them enough I should do better about plaudits). Now, if they can just get a bit more of the Levitz run collected . . .
    Since this is DC we're talking about I would say maybe hold onto the TPB's until the omnibus is definitely out just in case!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Since this is DC we're talking about I would say maybe hold onto the TPB's until the omnibus is definitely out just in case!
    No kidding! I might hold on to them at least until they solicit a volume 2 that includes the last two tpb's contents . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

I'd love to see the LoSH omnibus line continue with the reboot Legion through the end of the Abnett/Lanning run. There's about 4 volumes worth of material. DC's track record leaves me doubting it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    The "Batman Arkham: Penguin" TPB from September 2018 had exactly the same contents, so what's the point here?
    I'd guess a new Batman movie featuring the Penguin is the point. Yes, they could have just reprinted the Arkham book, but a new listing will likely get more attention from book and comic stores, meaning more orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    As they’re stating The Question Omni as vol 1, I’m guessing that a vol 2 will have issues 32-37, and the 5 quarterly issues, will they also add the Veitch m/s or anything else.
    I would hope for The Question Annual #2, Green Arrow Annual #2-3, The Question Returns #1, Azrael Plus the Question #1, and the Question story from Showcase ‘95 #3, all written by Denny O’Neil, before I’d want the Veitch mini (which may as well be a different character compared to Denny O’Neil’s version.)

Incredible Member

I am there for the Catwoman and the Question omnis.

Disappointed that the 5th King Batman OHC seems to have been dropped altogether.

Now I've got to sell my Gotham omnibus before it's common knowledge.