View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 968 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 46886891895896496596696796896997097197297810181068 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 21672
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Has anybody gotten the Absolute Justice League Origin book. Any word on extras?
    Short intro by Didio. Variant covers, sketch covers and new 52 character designs by Lee. Couple other random things i wasn't sure of

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Neither Amazon nor DC solicits are bastions of accuracy.
    Yea, it could very well be wrong. But by golly if DC messes this up again. Especially after all the correctness I hear Vol 1 had (despite still omitting Sword of Az).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Short intro by Didio. Variant covers, sketch covers and new 52 character designs by Lee. Couple other random things i wasn't sure of
    Intro by Didio? He always just hypes up everything. Still really mad about him saying Booster Gold was going to be a massive major player in the DCU and was swept under the rug during Convergence.

Incredible Member

Is Justice League: Origin less than the sum of it's parts? Geoff and Jim are both celebrated creators, but I haven't heard much about this series, critically. Are Jim's pencils as great as "All Star Batman and Robin"? Does John's do a great job? I'm not a fan of his writing on Batman: Earth one but I know many are.

Wondering if the Absolute is worth a purchase for a choosey buyer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Is Justice League: Origin less than the sum of it's parts? Geoff and Jim are both celebrated creators, but I haven't heard much about this series, critically. Are Jim's pencils as great as "All Star Batman and Robin"? Does John's do a great job? I'm not a fan of his writing on Batman: Earth one but I know many are.

If you've never read it before I'd strongly urge you to read it in trade or digital first. This is an arc that is weirdly divisive amongst fans, some love it some hate it.

Amazing Member

It's awful, don't bother. The only arc worth reading from John's run is Throne of Atlantis. Darkseid War starts off pretty good, but it's shit also - the one shots are better than the story itself.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    If you've never read it before I'd strongly urge you to read it in trade or digital first. This is an arc that is weirdly divisive amongst fans, some love it some hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    It's awful, don't bother. The only arc worth reading from John's run is Throne of Atlantis. Darkseid War starts off pretty good, but it's shit also - the one shots are better than the story itself.
    This was the worst arc in a long series of bad arcs. I'm talking about the writing, which surprised me because I like Johns. I don't know, it just didn't click.

Mighty Member

Eh, cant be worse than Rebirth JL. That's been garbage. Bought it for Lee mostly anyways.

Eh, cant be worse than Rebirth JL. That's been garbage. Bought it for Lee mostly anyways.
    JL Origin? Its whatever. Nothing amazing, nothing completely Garbo. 4 issues in and nothing happens. Issues 5&6 is where it all picks up. A lot of useless fighting and bickering. Some really good moments though, but that's all they are, moments.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, it could very well be wrong. But by golly if DC messes this up again. Especially after all the correctness I hear Vol 1 had (despite still omitting Sword of Az).
    Sword of Azrael aside, Vol 1 is PERFECT. They couldn't possibly screw up Vol 2, right?

R-right, guys? (looking around nervously)

Amazon probably just threw up the solicit of vol 2 of the fat tpb instead of the correct omni. Hopefully. Maybe.

Edit: I've never really understood the hate for the resolution of The Search. It's not the greatest story ever told, but magic / super powers being used is hardly out of the realm of comic book storytelling. Even in Batman.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 10-03-2017 at 11:54 PM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

What's Rebirth? Are you referring to the current series? If so, I heard that was awful and didn't bother getting it. I didn't realize Lee worked on that one as well (not that it would have mattered for me). We were talking about the first arc with Lee and Johns under the New 52. At least that's what I thought we were talking about. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm not saying it's right, but you can at least justify leaving out the Az mini series since it was more of a prelude to a prelude. Would I have left it out? No, but I can get it. Leaving out the Search would be ridiculous since it's part of the middle of the story and shows how Bruce gets back to normal. And that it return will lead into the Third Volume.

On a side note, I enjoyed the Az regular series, at least at the time. I believe Denny O'Neil wrote most if not all of it. I don't know how it holds up now, but it was fun years ago.

What's Rebirth? Are you referring to the current series? If so, I heard that was awful and didn't bother getting it. I didn't realize Lee worked on that one as well (not that it would have mattered for me). We were talking about the first arc with Lee and Johns under the New 52. At least that's what I thought we were talking about. LOL
    Lee only worked on the New 52 with Johns. The Rebirth series is Bryan Hitch, and I think Tony Daniels.

Mighty Member

You were lol. I was just saying i bought the absolute mostly for Lee, having not read the material prior. And the story cant possibly be worse than the newer stuff (rebirth), so I'm comfortable with that as a blind buy
    Last edited by awayne83; 10-04-2017 at 05:06 AM.

You were lol. I was just saying i bought the absolute mostly for Lee, having not read the material prior. And the story cant possibly be worse than the newer stuff (rebirth), so I'm comfortable with that as a blind buy
    Definitely agree. I’ve stayed away from the Hitch stuff. I don’t mind his art but his writing.... naw.