View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1419 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4199191319136914091415141614171418141914201421142214231429 ... LastLast
Results 21,271 to 21,285 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    There's also the 52 Aftermath miniseries (6 issues, written by Keith Giffen) which reads as a prelude to Giffen and Clark's run. This version of the DP was introduced in the pages of Johns' Teen Titans, so an excerpt of those issues would be great.

The first ten issues or so of the DP series had back up Metal Men stories by Giffen, DeMatteis and Maguire. They're unrelated to the story told in the Doom Patrol pages, but they'd make a nice addition to a Doom Patrol by Keith Giffen omnibus.
    That was exactly what came to mind when I suggested other related material to fill in an Omnibus. The rest you listed is just an added bonus.

Peace

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    That's usually standard sized hardcovers right?
    Roughly how long after does the paperback versions come out?
    Yes. Standard sized. Paperbacks I'm not sure exactly but it feels like a year or so after the hardcover. Definitely more than 6-9 months.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Giffen's Doom Patrol had one issue crossover with Secret Six so entire run should be 23 issues, not 22.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Pollack Doom Patrol is out of stock on IST already.
    That happened faster than I thought it might. Like, by weeks.
    Low print run so low numbers? Higher demand than I thought for a high print run?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Doom Patrol omnis/TPB's - (aside from some of the Way run as waiting on the Deluxe edition)

IMG_6997.jpg

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Pollack Doom Patrol is out of stock on IST already.
    That happened faster than I thought it might. Like, by weeks.
    Low print run so low numbers? Higher demand than I thought for a high print run?
    I don't think DC ever had much faith in this material, hence a low print run. The discounts offered elsewhere online were negligible, which can also be an indicator of a low print run (according to my LCS).

I would have felt the same way, but I think all the delays/cancellations only served to drum up interest and more people are after the omni than were waiting for the chunky trades.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hoping someone here can help me. With no omni for Crisis on Infinite Earths I've been looking to get one of the hard covers to add to my collection next to my other DC omnis. Can anyone who has the 35th anniversary deluxe edition of Crisis tell me if it is the same height as an omni? I just want to make sure it's not gonna look out of place on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Hoping someone here can help me. With no omni for Crisis on Infinite Earths I've been looking to get one of the hard covers to add to my collection next to my other DC omnis. Can anyone who has the 35th anniversary deluxe edition of Crisis tell me if it is the same height as an omni? I just want to make sure it's not gonna look out of place on the shelf.
    Is this the one you're talking about? Here it is next to my Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis omnis. It's the same height as those. Just not sure if that's the same Crisis volume you're thinking of.

Image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Is this the one you're talking about? Here it is next to my Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis omnis. It's the same height as those. Just not sure if that's the same Crisis volume you're thinking of.

Image.jpg
    Looks like it should be that one yeah, thanks.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    All DC HCs labelled as deluxe are OHCs i.e. the same height as Omnibuses.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yes. Standard sized. Paperbacks I'm not sure exactly but it feels like a year or so after the hardcover. Definitely more than 6-9 months.
    That's what I feared. Thanks for the info.

January 2023 solicitations:

DOOM PATROL BY GERARD WAY AND NICK DERINGTON: THE DELUXE EDITION

Written by GERARD WAY and JEREMY LAMBERT
    Art by NICK DERINGTON, MICHAEL ALLRED, TOM FOWLER, and others
    Cover by NICK DERINGTON
    $49.99 US | 528 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8"| Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77952-138-5
    ON SALE 2/28/23
    EMT driver Casey Brinke has been plagued by bizarre memories her entire life. Her perception of reality and fiction is about to blur even further when she encounters Robotman, Crazy Jane, Negative Man, Flex Mentallo, and Danny the Street—a.k.a. the Doom Patrol. Together with her new friends, Casey will learn that bizarre is just the tip of the iceberg in this imaginative reinvention of the cult series written by My Chemical Romance front man Gerard Way, and illustrated by Nick Derington and a selection of the comics industry’s most whimsical talents.
    This deluxe edition collects all 12 issues of the 2016 Young Animal revival of Doom Patrol plus Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds #1-7.

ABSOLUTE DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by GREG CAPULLO, JONATHAN GLAPION, YANICK PAQUETTE, and BRYAN HITCH
    Cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    $100.00 US | 288 pages | 8 1/8" x 12 1/4" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77952-156-9
    ON SALE 6/13/23
    Award-winning writer Scott Snyder (American Vampire) and his artistic partner in mayhem Greg Capullo (Batman) turn it up to 11 in the next thrilling entry of the Dark Nights saga—Dark Nights: Death Metal!
    In a universe that has been twisted by the influence of the goddess Perpetua, it’s up to a chainsaw-wielding Wonder Woman to restart the Multiverse and put things right. To accomplish her mission, she’ll need to get the original Trinity comprising herself, Batman, and Superman back together for a final encore performance that will be the Crisis to end all Crises. Let your hair down, throw your hands up, and get ready to rock, because this reunion tour will be one for the ages!
    This oversize Absolute edition collects the entire seven-issue Dark Nights: Death Metal series and features behind-the-scenes art from Greg Capullo, original pencil pages, and a brand-new introduction from Scott Snyder!

ADAM STRANGE: BETWEEN TWO WORLDS THE DELUXE EDITION
    Written by RICHARD BRUNING, MARK WAID, and ANDY DIGGLE
    Art by ANDY KUBERT, ARNIE JORGENSEN, PASQUAL FERRY, and others
    Cover by ANDY KUBERT
    $49.99 US | 408 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-146-0
    ON SALE 3/14/23
    Discover the man behind the myth as Adam Strange’s childhood on Earth is explored, his relationship with his estranged family is revealed, and secrets of Rann—and of Adam’s new life—are uncovered in this deluxe edition hardcover that reprints the three-issue 1990 Prestige format miniseries by Richard Bruning and Andy Kubert, with additional tales from Mark Waid and Andy Diggle. Collects Adam Strange (1990) #1-3, JLA #20-21, and Adam Strange (2004) #1-8.

WONDER WOMAN: WHO IS WONDER WOMAN THE DELUXE EDITION
    Written by ALLAN HEINBERG
    Pencils by TERRY DODSON
    Inks by RACHEL DODSON
    Cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    $29.99 US | 160 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-167-5
    ON SALE 4/4/23
    Diana has gone missing! But Donna Troy is ready and graduates from sidekick to superhero as she takes on the mantle of Wonder Woman. Long before Allan Heinberg wrote the 2017 Wonder Woman feature film, he teamed up with Terry and Rachel Dodson to explore Themysciran intrigue and deception! This deluxe edition collects the first arc in the 2006 Wonder Woman series, issues #1-6.