View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    Curious if anyone thinks there will be limited supply and issue with Grell's Green Arrow? IST shows it Tuesday, CGN shows it July 14. With the move from Diamond and the general feeling, does anyone think it will actually appear Tuesday on IST? I was hoping to wait until Friday to order (makes wife happier when I order on paydays) but don't want to miss out. This is probably my most wanted DC until they get smart enough to do a Byrne Superman Omnibus.
    Definitely very high on my list too. I really hope DC will see this through and not stop after Vol 1. That would be a killer. I think 6/24 was the old date before the pandemic. I’m not expecting it on there Tuesday. Not sure what the new release date would be. If you look at the release calendar they’ve put up at the top of the page the Green Arrow omni isn’t there for 6/24 so no telling when this is actually dropping.

You guys got me interested in checking out GL by Geoff Johns...was going to get the first 2 omnis but it looks like #2 is tougher to find. Are these going out-of-print, and is it safe to assume DC will reprint these soon or should I buy them now while I can?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Has anyone read the Crisis on Infinite Earth Deluxe Editions? Not the main story, all the supplemental volumes 1-3.

What happened to the Batwoman by JH Williams Omnibus.

It was supposed to be released last week, but it's nowhere to be found, now I'm suddenly seeing a March 2021 release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    You guys got me interested in checking out GL by Geoff Johns...was going to get the first 2 omnis but it looks like #2 is tougher to find. Are these going out-of-print, and is it safe to assume DC will reprint these soon or should I buy them now while I can?
    Please don’t consider me a definitive source, but I was under the impression that all three are fairly easy to find; it remains a wildly popular run.

I’ve got all three, but I’m also buying the new GL by Geoff Johns trades for easier readability.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    What happened to the Batwoman by JH Williams Omnibus.

It was supposed to be released last week, but it's nowhere to be found, now I'm suddenly seeing a March 2021 release date?
    Unfortunately, It was delayed quite some time ago. The first delay was into September, and the more recent delay put it into March 2021.

Mighty Member

While I agree with the above that it's reasonably likely to get a reprint, I also wouldn't bet on it. If it matters to you, the complete collections seem to be 3 to an omnibus, so if you wait and can't find the omni later, the complete collections should still be in print.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Per Johns GL:

Both the GLC series and the Emerald Warriors are just as integral as the mainline GL book, which the 3 omnibus volumes do not collect in their entirety. The same argument could be made for the post-Flashpoint/N52 GL, GLC, RL, and NG books, but I would say a lesser extent for these.

To me, the trade paperbacks are the way to go so everything can be ordered properly.

Thanks for all the feedback re:Green Lantern. Sounds like I'd be missing a lot with the omnis unfortunately. I love omnis but don't want to miss half the storyline either. It's too bad they didn't omni all the titles in order instead of just the Johns material.

Thanks for all the feedback re:Green Lantern. Sounds like I'd be missing a lot with the omnis unfortunately. I love omnis but don't want to miss half the storyline either. It's too bad they didn't omni all the titles in order instead of just the Johns material.
    I read Johns' GL series up to the end of Blackest Night and never picked up GLC, except for the Sinestro Corps War issues. And I can't say I ever felt that I missed anything integral or vital by not reading GLC. Yes, there were references to other events, but Johns usually did a good job of filling you in on what you needed to know.

Maybe that changed after Blackest Night, but based on what I read, I'd have no trouble recommending the Omnis (or the corresponding "complete collection") in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Has anyone read the Crisis on Infinite Earth Deluxe Editions? Not the main story, all the supplemental volumes 1-3.
    I've started reading supplemental Vol. 1 with 2-3 waiting on the shelf. I love that period of comics so it's worthy to me.

Amazon has vol 2. Not much of a discount tho.

I just reread his run, im through the Sinestro Corp War and ..... its not as good as I remembered ☹️

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I've started reading supplemental Vol. 1 with 2-3 waiting on the shelf. I love that period of comics so it's worthy to me.
    I really love the Crisis On Infinite Earth Deluxe Edition. It really is a great story so I am curious about what the Crisis looked like in other books. I actually skipped that whole era because they were basically retiring the Universe I knew.

The first companion volume focuses on All Star Squadron. What do the other books center on? I have read the DC Comics Presents story by Steve Gerber and that is one sad story!

I am trying to decide if I pick up the Crisis Companion books or the first 6 volumes of the original Hellblazer run!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    The first companion volume focuses on All Star Squadron. What do the other books center on?
    Crisis On Infinite Earths Companion - Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 focuses on Infinity Inc.:

Detective Comics #558
    DC Comics Presents #86
    Swamp Thing (Vol. 2) #44
    The Losers Special
    Legends Of The DC Universe - Crisis On Infinite Earths
    Infinity Inc. #18-25
    Infinity Inc. Annual #1
    Justice League Of America #244-245
    The New Teen Titans (Vol. 2) #13-14

Crisis On Infinite Earths Companion - Deluxe Edition Vol. 3 has a broader range:

Amethyst (Vol. 2) #13
    The Omega Men #31, 33
    Blue Devil #17-18
    Wonder Woman #327-329
    Swamp Thing (Vol. 2) #46
    Legion Of Super-Heroes (Vol. 3) #16, 18
    Superman #413
    DC Comics Presents #95, 87
    Superman #414
    Justice League Of America Annual #3
    Superman #415
    DC Comics Presents #88, 94

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I read Johns' GL series up to the end of Blackest Night and never picked up GLC, except for the Sinestro Corps War issues. And I can't say I ever felt that I missed anything integral or vital by not reading GLC. Yes, there were references to other events, but Johns usually did a good job of filling you in on what you needed to know.

Maybe that changed after Blackest Night, but based on what I read, I'd have no trouble recommending the Omnis (or the corresponding "complete collection") in their own right.
    Thank you for the feedback! Sounds like either way is a good read, it's tough to turn down the omnis cause I just love those big, oversized books.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Amazon has vol 2. Not much of a discount tho.

I just reread his run, im through the Sinestro Corp War and ..... its not as good as I remembered ☹️
    Yeah looks like the price is creeping up then but I'm sure I could resell them if I don't dig them much. I need to win the lottery to get all the books I want.