View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1412 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4129121312136214021408140914101411141214131414141514161422 ... LastLast
Results 21,166 to 21,180 of 21667
    Mighty Member

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781779521521

Kind of hilarious that we're just rolling along with more Birds of Prey w/o ever addressing that gap in Simone's run. If anyone wants to kill some time, PRH has a bunch more DC trades starting to appear for the first few months of 2023
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Asides of Way's Doom Patrol getting deluxe nothing else looks really interesting to me.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

SLEEPER OMNIBUS (2022 EDITION)
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Art by SEAN PHILLIPS, COLIN WILSON, and JIM LEE
    Cover by SEAN PHILLIPS
    $100.00 US | 736 pages | 7 1/4" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-742-5
    ON SALE 12/6/22
    Offered again! From the Eisner-winning team of Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips comes the saga of Holden Carver, a double agent who is left out in the cold when his handler, John Lynch, falls into a coma. Now on his own, Holden must do what it takes to avoid detection from the organization he has infiltrated and survive with his soul intact. Collects Point Blank #1-5, Sleeper: Season One #1-12, Sleeper: Season Two #1-12, Coup d'État: Sleeper #1, and Coup d'État: Afterword #1.

ROGUES OHC
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by LEOMACS
    Cover by SAM WOLFE CONNELLY
    $29.99 US | 208 pages | 8 1/2" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-685-5
    ON SALE 11/15/22
    Ten years ago, the Rogues disbanded and went their separate ways. But time hasn’t been kind to the former blue-collar super-criminals. Caught in an endless cycle of prison, rehab, dead-end jobs, broken relationships, probation, and bottomless restitution fees, the Rogues are sick of paying for their crimes. Luckily, Captain Cold has a plan. One last job that will leave them all richer than their wildest dreams and free from their past…if they can survive. Collecting the complete neo-noir heist comic in a single beautiful hardcover.

SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU and GERRY ALANGUILAN
    $49.99 US | 328 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-743-2
    DIRECT MARKET EXCLUSIVE VARIANT
    ISBN: 978-1-77952-105-7
    ON SALE 12/13/22
    What makes a farm boy from Kansas decide to become a costumed superhero who divides his time between investigating the truth and fighting for justice? That’s the question that acclaimed writer Mark Waid and inimitable illustrator Leinil Francis Yu pose in this thrilling retelling of the Man of Steel’s origin that explores Clark Kent’s humble beginnings and his Kryptonian heritage. This deluxe edition collects the entire Superman: Birthright 12-issue miniseries and features a brand-new afterword by Waid!

DEATH OF SUPERMAN 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Written by DAN JURGENS, JERRY ORDWAY, LOUISE SIMONSON, and ROGER STERN
    Art by JON BOGDANOVE, TOM GRUMMETT, JACKSON GUICE, DAN JURGENS, and others
    Cover by DAN JURGENS and BRETT BREEDING
    $39.99 US | 328 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-697-8
    DIRECT MARKET EXCLUSIVE VARIANT
    ISBN: 978-1-77952-104-0
    ON SALE 12/6/22
    It was a day that no one ever dreamed would arrive: the day an unstoppable force met an immovable object. In Doomsday, Superman met his ultimate match—and his death! Relive the monumental event in this 30th-anniversary deluxe edition of the Death of Superman saga, featuring a new introduction by Dan Jurgens and more. This volume collects Superman #73-75, Adventures of Superman #496-497, Justice League America #69, Action Comics #683-684, Superman: The Man of Steel #17-19, and Newstime: The Life and Death of Superman #1—plus Superman: Day of Doom #1-4 as a bonus tale!

Incredible Member

Seeing all the action in the marvel thread for OHC’s with recent announcements from Omar makes me sad with how little DC has given any sort of focus to any Omnibus in the last several months. So much good content they can put out and they’re just being unusually quiet. Did the recent parent company merger really screw things around that much? I’m just trying to finish up the golden age Batman with however many volumes are left!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Seeing all the action in the marvel thread for OHC’s with recent announcements from Omar makes me sad with how little DC has given any sort of focus to any Omnibus in the last several months. So much good content they can put out and they’re just being unusually quiet. Did the recent parent company merger really screw things around that much? I’m just trying to finish up the golden age Batman with however many volumes are left!
    Yeah, this is something that just bums me out. One assumes the pre-Darkness Legion OHCs were selling well, and they're just not moving on with those. We got the Death of Iris West, but no more Flash from that era. Plenty of omnibus-able stories just sitting out there, too - Batman Contagion/Legacy and Murderer/Fugitive, Johns run on on Superman followed by a New Krypton collection, Green Arrow after Grell, GL by Marz or Winick, etc., etc. And that's just ignoring how fun omnis of the various Annual events would be (2001, Bloodlines, Legends of a Dead Earth).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I see that Sandman Mystery Theater is getting a compendium release.
    Im assuming there will (hopefully) be 2 volumes.
    Its better than nothing.
    https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781779521538

Alan Moore's Top 10 is getting a compendium too but that series NEEDS to be read/viewed in oversized format in my opinion.
    Still cool to see some of that Alan Moore stuff is not ignored. Maybe Tom Strong will get some new printings too.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    I see that Sandman Mystery Theater is getting a compendium release.
    Im assuming there will (hopefully) be 2 volumes.
    Its better than nothing.
    https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781779521538

Alan Moore's Top 10 is getting a compendium too but that series NEEDS to be read/viewed in oversized format in my opinion.
    Still cool to see some of that Alan Moore stuff is not ignored. Maybe Tom Strong will get some new printings too.
    Sigh. I'm in for SMT. Even tho I bought the chunky trades. The 2 of them? Sigh.

I'd be down for Tom Strong - the entirety of it. I think that's one of the last ABC comics I've yet to read.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Sigh. I'm in for SMT. Even tho I bought the chunky trades. The 2 of them? Sigh.

I'd be down for Tom Strong - the entirety of it. I think that's one of the last ABC comics I've yet to read.
    Yep - just another in the long line of DC books they started but didnt finish collecting. At least Sandman Mystery is getting re-released - but in the less than ideal gi-normous compendium format. I still worry those are going to fall apart eventually.

Peter David's Aquaman and Milligan's Shade are 2 series DC abandoned in tpb format from my collection. Maybe one day.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Have there been any rumours when the Golden age Batman volume 10 will appear? It would be such a shame stopping the series so close.
    Hail Hydra!

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Have there been any rumours when the Golden age Batman volume 10 will appear? It would be such a shame stopping the series so close.
    Silver Age Batman v1 won't begin where Golden Age Batman v9 left off? That's dumb.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Yep - just another in the long line of DC books they started but didnt finish collecting. At least Sandman Mystery is getting re-released - but in the less than ideal gi-normous compendium format. I still worry those are going to fall apart eventually.

Peter David's Aquaman and Milligan's Shade are 2 series DC abandoned in tpb format from my collection. Maybe one day.
    Glad I have both in single issues. Still need to find the last couple issues of Shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Silver Age Batman v1 won't begin where Golden Age Batman v9 left off? That's dumb.
    I agree, I also wonder will there be any other Golden age volumes down the road.
    Hail Hydra!