View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1370 of 1443 FirstFirst ... 37087012701320136013661367136813691370137113721373137413801420 ... LastLast
Results 20,536 to 20,550 of 21643
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Now I've got to sell my Gotham omnibus before it's common knowledge.
    Anything wrong with your version, or just trying to make a buck?

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Anything wrong with your version, or just trying to make a buck?
    The latest. I don't care if I got a first or other print.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Definitely some exciting things coming!

I recently completed tracking down the last few issues of Brubaker/Pfeifer's Catwoman series, so it makes perfect sense that they'd release the omni now! I slept on the six-volume chunky trades because I didn't think they'd ever finish them, now they're OOP and going for ridiculous prices.

It took all of my willpower to skip the LoSH Five Years Later omni, but now that I know A.) they intend to complete the run, and B.) vol. 1 is readily available, I'll pick it up in time for vol. 2! See how that works DC?? Take notes.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I'd love to see the LoSH omnibus line continue with the reboot Legion through the end of the Abnett/Lanning run. There's about 4 volumes worth of material. DC's track record leaves me doubting it will happen.
    While I wouldn't begrudge DC doing this, the lack of large portions of Levitz run in any format is becoming weirder and weirder (and that's glossing over how hard it is to get the Darkness and Curse tpbs/HCs). Hopefully we get some acceleration of the LoSH HC line (Superboy &, Before Darkness) so I can just read the whole series in a nice format.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I would hope for The Question Annual #2, Green Arrow Annual #2-3, The Question Returns #1, Azrael Plus the Question #1, and the Question story from Showcase ‘95 #3, all written by Denny O’Neil, before I’d want the Veitch mini (which may as well be a different character compared to Denny O’Neil’s version.)
    Would it be weird to include the #37 Blackest Night issue, too?

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Definitely some exciting things coming!

I recently completed tracking down the last few issues of Brubaker/Pfeifer's Catwoman series, so it makes perfect sense that they'd release the omni now! I slept on the six-volume chunky trades because I didn't think they'd ever finish them, now they're OOP and going for ridiculous prices.

It took all of my willpower to skip the LoSH Five Years Later omni, but now that I know A.) they intend to complete the run, and B.) vol. 1 is readily available, I'll pick it up in time for vol. 2! See how that works DC?? Take notes.
    Thanks for your sacrifice - very happy about the Brubaker omni. I think we're square, though, since I bought 5YL on release day to help juice the numbers for DC.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=bob.schoonover;5657606]

Would it be weird to include the #37 Blackest Night issue, too?/QUOTE]

They included Catwoman #83 (the Blackest Night tie-in) in the Gotham City Sirens omnibus/TPB's so there is a precedent for including them

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Does anybody know if any of the Watchmen trades are in their original colors? I just noticed the Absolute was retouched by John Higgins.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Would it be weird to include the #37 Blackest Night issue, too?
    From a completist point of view I don’t have any problem with it. In terms of reading experience it wouldn’t really add anything without some summary/recap pages to explain what the heck is going on in it When I did binds of The Question I didn’t include it, but I did put it in my Montoya-centric (and largely Greg Rucka-penned) volumes as it made more sense there.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Does anybody know if any of the Watchmen trades are in their original colors? I just noticed the Absolute was retouched by John Higgins.
    As far as I've tracked, the Higgins reworked colors have appeared in every reprint, paperback or hardcover, ever since the Absolute was first released in 2005ish.
    The only hardcovers I've seen with the original coloring are the 1987 edition and the Graphitti Designs slipcased edition, and they're both standard trim size.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    As far as I've tracked, the Higgins reworked colors have appeared in every reprint, paperback or hardcover, ever since the Absolute was first released in 2005ish.
    The only hardcovers I've seen with the original coloring are the 1987 edition and the Graphitti Designs slipcased edition, and they're both standard trim size.
    Thanks! I wish I kept my old trade but I think I gave it to a friend and he liked the book!

Incredible Member

The latest. I don't care if I got a first or other print.
    I see. Yeah it's pretty crazy how some books can go up in price once they are out of stock.

Amazing Member

I have just put my copy on Gotham Central on eBay, as it’s the oldest omnibus I own and quite frankly it’s seen better days after being read about 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The Question by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus Vol. 1 - Hardcover. Collects The Question #1-27, The Question Annual #1, Green Arrow Annual #1, and Detective Comics Annual #1.
    Whoooooa! Pretty hyped for this guy right here. I've never read it, but it's always been on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I think I'm in, too. It would be a total blind buy for me, but I've always wanted to dive into the Legion more after reading a chunk of the Levitt run a few years back. I passed on the first one due to space concerns, but the opportunity to get such a long run right up until Zero Hour is too tempting.

I guess I can give away my orphaned Abnett and Lanning trades now.

Now I've got to sell my Gotham omnibus before it's common knowledge.
    Hahaha. I had the same thought. Truth be told, though, I'm not good at letting go of my books.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Does anybody know if Power of Shazam book 2 has been cancelled?